Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-04-19, 12:47PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 56446
  • Total Topics: 1001
  • Online Today: 99
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Holiday cover  (Read 1144 times)

Sjm

• VLH Supporter
Holiday cover
« on: 12-02-19, 04:21AM »
I’m a relief trained for a skilled department and I was declined a holiday request due to the other colleague being off at the same time.  Is this right that I shouldn’t be allowed off when it’s not my main department?  I am the only other colleague trained for this in store but just feel it’s unfair and I know holidays are first come first served but it’s literally the only dates my other half can get off and basically that restricts me to 6 weeks out a year I can’t get off of it coincides with their holidays.  Just looking for some advice on how to approach this.

Jethro

Re: Holiday cover
« Reply #1 on: 12-02-19, 08:07AM »
Phone in sick :thumbup:

DJL

• Regular Pain
« Reply #2 on: 12-02-19, 08:33AM »
State exactly what you said! It’s not your fault they haven’t multi skilled anybody else to do this role, put a grievance in if they persist.

Is the date soon, can they train somebody up in time?

Your right, not your main dept, so not your concern per se, if you are the only other person trained then that can’t be used against you in tines like this!

Munchkin

« Reply #3 on: 14-02-19, 08:06PM »
Your holidays should go through your contracted line manager regardless if you work on another department as relief and if you work on two departments contracted holiday is booked with the manger whose department most of your hours are on