Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-04-19, 01:09PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 56446
  • Total Topics: 1001
  • Online Today: 99
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Restructuring J14  (Read 10229 times)

Re: Restructuring J14
« Reply #25 on: 12-02-19, 03:13PM »
Tornado.

Job 14 is the old name for Potential Reductions, it has no affect on your pay or anything to do with your own job code.

blitz

« Reply #26 on: 12-02-19, 03:49PM »
The dates will be embedded in the barcode and a system will know if you have sold that item was that date then will generate a report he got to go and find it

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #27 on: 12-02-19, 04:22PM »
We got told that they are trialling date code embedded barcodes, but for now the only PR change is a reduction in the amount of hours for the produce scan, which is expected due a large amount of the products having dates removed.
  Is this really true or pie in the sky trialling date code embedded date codes would be very expensive to implement for example each case of product would have to have a unique bar code on each product for example each pizza in a  case of pizzas delivered to store today would have the same bar code but tomorrows delivery would have a different barcode for the same product if date was different.

Lunamoonhare

« Reply #28 on: 12-02-19, 04:24PM »
True I believe. We were told about it today in our department brief from SM.

Foodfighter

« Reply #29 on: 12-02-19, 04:32PM »
Google embedded date barcodes tesco. App been trialed in 40 stores in scotland ..

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #30 on: 12-02-19, 05:26PM »
So if that was job 14, what were the previous 13?
Here's a couple of ideas

Job1 do as I say and not as I do

Job2 no idle chit chat on the shop floor, unless you are a manager

Job3 no checking football results during your shift, unless you are a manager

Any other ideas?

Global Moderator Comment Considering people have concerns/worries we should keep this topic for its intended purpose.

panther

• Know All
« Reply #31 on: 12-02-19, 07:13PM »
You covered everything in job1  :-X ;)

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #32 on: 12-02-19, 07:20PM »
So if the date is embedded in the bar code and the bar code is different for every different date does that mean the sels will need changing continuously as the ean may be different??? Or will the different barcodes be added to the ean? Seems complicated and reliant on the technology working!

Lunamoonhare

« Reply #33 on: 12-02-19, 08:09PM »
Not sure how the embedded date barcodes work. Id be interested to know more.

Victor

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #34 on: 12-02-19, 08:55PM »
It'll be a longer barcode. You can embed anything you like in a barcode in theory.

Tornado

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #35 on: 13-02-19, 10:25AM »

So if the date is embedded in the bar code and the bar code is different for every different date does that mean the sels will need changing continuously as the ean may be different??? Or will the different barcodes be added to the ean? Seems complicated and reliant on the technology working!
:D Look,  new technology and Tesco administration are the same both are involved in same mess and both are members of the "TRIALS"  an organization  to support  NO CLUE MEMBERS  for them to have the opportunity to show how useless they are .

Walker

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #36 on: 13-02-19, 12:57PM »
Hi, why are they keeping these codes on payslips if they don't exist  any more ?
Is pretty typical of Tesco. Job code can refer to two different things. In this case the job code on your payslip is refering to the job that you've been contracted to do. E.g. my job code is W03C which is daytime cashier. It is part of HRAM or Oracle, i.e. it is used to make sure that your hours are charged to the right department.

It used to also refer to particular routines in the shop. Job 14, for example, is potential reductions. This way of refering to routines ended years ago.

A barcode is just a way of representing a number.

At the moment the barcode contains only the EAN (the way of representing a particular item) but under the new system it would be a little longer in order to have additional information about the expiry date of the product.

The new barcode number would have in the machine readable bit:

[EAN] + [ DATE CODE]

but the bit that humans read would most likely just have the EAN as written presently, and you wouldn't need to change the shelf edge labels at all.

The implications of the new system is that the till could automatically warn the cashier if product was out of date at the till. Also, if it works properly, the system could keep a completely accurate list of product dates and so would know exactly which products needed to be reduced on each day.

« Last Edit: 13-02-19, 01:08PM by Walker »

GoLetItOut

« Reply #37 on: 13-02-19, 02:46PM »
Don't think I've seen this shared yet, amongst other things, there is confirmation that "Date Embedded Barcodes" are in the pipeline and will have a significant impact on Potential Reductions which was not briefed to my store, but not likely going to happen for a year or more. Lots of these savings are store specific, so for example if you've not been told that your non food desk is closing by now, it probably isn't.

https://docdro.id/XwQ4PoJ

GoLetItOut

Arthur dent

« Reply #38 on: 14-03-19, 07:46PM »
Hi new to this site although been reading for a few weeks now since the whole restructure thing was announced, well I do j14 in an extra store and I'm part time so keep being told I'm probably safe but doing a bit of searching deb on the net last night and found a pdf that looks like a photo copy of planned changes including when and how deb are gonna be implemented. As I don't remember reading it on here thought I'd join and share the link. Assuming that's ok here it is
https://www.docdroid.net/XwQ4PoJ/2019-structurechanges.pdf#page=9

BlueToon

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #39 on: 14-03-19, 09:01PM »
That is an interesting document,
Thanks GoLetItOut :-)
(And Arthur dent)
Or should that be "Dent Arthur Dent ???
« Last Edit: 14-03-19, 09:03PM by BlueToon »

tescopleb

• Smart Arse
« Reply #40 on: 15-03-19, 08:47AM »
Very interesting reading, their attitude to security is rather concerning, making it pretty clear that it's all about cost cutting and drastics bonus, than the risks/benefits to the business. Just shows how little value they place on colleague and customer safety. Also found the reference to Biometrics rather interesting!