Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-02-19, 10:56PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7257
  • Latest: Obby1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 78670
  • Total Topics: 1577
  • Online Today: 198
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Overtime non payment  (Read 4283 times)

btblackbird

• VLH Supporter
Overtime non payment
« on: 01-02-19, 12:29AM »
Hi all need a little help with Overtime non payment.  I am long term member of full time staff nights with over 16 years service and recently worked a Sat*rday night as overtime and have not been paid, wage query went in and not been actioned, so chances are I won't get paid this month. My question is how much would the gross amount be including Sunday premium, this would be 7hrs 15mins overtime . This will enable me to ensure they pay correct amount and also could I make them pay via direct payment instead of having to wait another month?  Thanks all

heyyouguys

Re: Overtime non payment
« Reply #1 on: 01-02-19, 12:36AM »
So what is highest Sunday premium at time and a quarter or night shift at 2.21 then multiply by your hours work it out from there

heyyouguys

« Reply #2 on: 01-02-19, 12:38AM »
And yes pay by bacs payment

btblackbird

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 01-02-19, 07:22AM »
Many thanks for your response, it would appear that the night premium is worth more as time and a quarter only  equates to £2.10, but I thought I would get the overtime at said rate then the Sat*rday premium as well. Have I missed something here?

Welshie

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 01-02-19, 08:16AM »
Getting a separate Bacs payment , they pay the full amount of it and then take the tax and NI out of you next regular pay which can be a pain because your next pay will be lower .

btblackbird

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 01-02-19, 11:06AM »
Thanks, nice to be prepared..

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #6 on: 04-02-19, 01:51PM »
Hi all need a little help with Overtime non payment.  I am long term member of full time staff nights with over 16 years service and recently worked a Sat*rday night as overtime and have not been paid, wage query went in and not been actioned, so chances are I won't get paid this month. My question is how much would the gross amount be including Sunday premium, this would be 7hrs 15mins overtime . This will enable me to ensure they pay correct amount and also could I make them pay via direct payment instead of having to wait another month?  Thanks all

Ok, I like these questions.

So number 1, you have done the overtime and expected not unreasonably to be paid for said overtime.

Number 2. No pay was forthcoming.

Number 3. You put in a pay query and according to you nothing was done about said query.

Now, My next step would be to go to your manager and inform them they have 1 week to get the money into your bank account or you will do 1 of 2 things.
Either grievance them or my favourite explain to them you will be putting in a claim through the small claims court for monies owed.

Now they will splutter and probably try to fob you off with something about they have to get it sorted at cardif or wherever wages are dealt with now but thats al garbage and is not your problem.

If you put in a claim form to the small claims court its costs a few quid which you get back when you win and you will win regardless of what your manager says. If it gets to court (it wont) tescos highly paid solicitors have to explain why its ok for a multi billion pound company to withhold pay from a worker for hours done and there is no argument they can use that would be construed as reasonable.

In my store this has been done twice both times the compliance manager nearly passed out when given the notice of intent to sue and the money was paid inside a week.

How do you think head office would react to a court hearing for less than 100 quid that some line manager forgot to pay someone because they were trying to fiddle the books yet again.

Good luck you will get your money.
« Last Edit: 04-02-19, 01:54PM by forrestgimp »

« Reply #7 on: 04-02-19, 02:10PM »
Did you clock in and out for the overtime shift? 99 times out of a 100 the problem is a colleagues failure to do so. In my store we have just had to deal with a pay query where the colleague failed to clock 20 times!!!!

We also had to deal with 2 pay queries from August and September recently which had not been passed on the wages team by the manager.

NightAndDay

« Reply #8 on: 04-02-19, 04:16PM »
I got backpayed £2.5k in a payroll review, despite multiple emails and calling the protector line, my Old SM (got promoted to operations manager then forced to resign) fiddled with HOST (the payroll system before HRAM) to not pay night team Sunday Premium (then time and a half).

Vanilla24

« Reply #9 on: 04-02-19, 08:08PM »
I wish I thought about claiming my money before.
They messed up my wages so many times!
Too many times I let them get away with it...!

Cornwallhelps

« Reply #10 on: 05-02-19, 08:20PM »
How many people get paid for working the short shift. Not many in my store. All the extra hours tesco get out of people and won't pay them

btblackbird

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #11 on: 05-02-19, 09:52PM »
Many thanks to all replies regarding my non of overtime. I would like to add an extra thanks to forrestgimp for providing such a detailed breakdown of possible courses of action. Many thanks again.

person7

« Reply #12 on: 07-02-19, 07:27AM »
I had an issue where for the first 2 months I was always told my job was 7.5 working hours on a 8 hour shift.. Aka 30 min break..

When my contract came I was told it was 1 hour break and not to worry they will add up the extra time I did as overtime.

4 months since I joined in yet to get it.

What doesn't help is the payslips don't log the days you clock on/off/hours you are in work. So you have to manually calculate it to see if it's right.

e.g. This month some reason my pay was less then it should.  So now having to question it when I go in work next,   I'm missing £8.42 a whole hours pay.  Not much but it makes the difference when only doing a 7 hour week contract and disabled (e.g. can't work more).

whatajoke2019

« Reply #13 on: 10-02-19, 10:45PM »
No, it's not much, but when you've worked, you should be paid for it, end of.

I've had minus hours in the past when I've used a days' holiday and my manager hasn't coded the exceptions as H-900, they've put it down as U/A instead and not said a word.

They talk about stream lining and simplifying but it's amazing how the wage slip makes you feel as you need a degree...  >:(

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #14 on: 11-02-19, 06:52AM »
Agree. It cant be hard to have on your pay slip a list of additional dates and times you worked in addition to your contracted shifts and a second list of any dates/times where you didn't work your contracted hours.

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #15 on: 11-02-19, 12:03PM »
I had an issue where for the first 2 months I was always told my job was 7.5 working hours on a 8 hour shift.. Aka 30 min break..

When my contract came I was told it was 1 hour break and not to worry they will add up the extra time I did as overtime.

4 months since I joined in yet to get it.

What doesn't help is the payslips don't log the days you clock on/off/hours you are in work. So you have to manually calculate it to see if it's right.

e.g. This month some reason my pay was less then it should.  So now having to question it when I go in work next,   I'm missing £8.42 a whole hours pay.  Not much but it makes the difference when only doing a 7 hour week contract and disabled (e.g. can't work more).
8 hours should be 45 min break.

« Reply #16 on: 11-02-19, 02:56PM »
Actually the break pattern for an 8 hour shift can be anything between 30 minutes and 120 minutes, its on OurTesco. My store runs at 60 minutes.