Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-11-19, 07:45AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62503
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 131
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 130
Total: 135

Author Topic: Received Final Warning  (Read 8428 times)

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
Re: Received Final Warning
« Reply #25 on: 22-01-19, 08:50PM »
they could probably have you for not smoking / vaping in the designated area, but straight to a final seems a little bit harsh. A verbal, i would have said take it on the chin and move on

Agreed. I would appeal on the grounds that a final written is excessive. Also I would state that there reason of doubt.

Not really excessive they were given final warning for breaking companies smoking policy it needs to be looked on as same as smoking a real cigarette ( though that may have been dismissal)

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #26 on: 25-01-19, 06:28PM »
Never mind the smokers, there should be a squirt of deodorant on some of the more odourous customers that pollute a shop's air.

Rach

« Reply #27 on: 27-01-19, 01:21AM »
It is against the law for anyone to vap or smoke in stores the duty manager could receive a fine.

Global Moderator Comment The vaping rules for the united kingdom

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 27-01-19, 12:10PM »
Rach it’s not law for vaping regulations around these are up to employer.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 27-01-19, 03:49PM »
Never mind the smokers, there should be a squirt of deodorant on some of the more odourous customers that pollute a shop's air.

Yes your right about that, how people can go about without any thought to personal hygiene is beyond me, clearly some people take no pride in themselves.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #30 on: 24-02-19, 01:12PM »
The warning was in my opinion justified as u potentially broke the law & that in turn could have seen Tesco Prosecuted.

You could appeal if you feel the investigation was incomplete or biased, or if it is a widespread practice for people to smoke in your lobby and you were the only one disciplined.

You realise its not currently against the law to vape indoors or in a work place, I mean you would have done your research before telling someone such important information eh.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #31 on: 24-02-19, 01:14PM »
You should be sacked, yes. I'm sick of having to walk through the thick clouds of smoke at business premises doorways, where the selfish users of these devices congregate. Same goes for standard cigarette users. A costly, pointless and laughable hobby in both cases.

I think that was a  little bit judgemental. I bet you get on a lot of of peoples nerves for being a bit of a k**b?

She shoots aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she scores............... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: