Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-03-19, 07:34AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58621
  • Total Topics: 1084
  • Online Today: 118
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Discount not working  (Read 3738 times)

Stitch

• VLH Supporter
Discount not working
« on: 19-12-18, 10:42PM »
Hi all,

Ever since the most recent double discount my discount has completely stopped working! I rang the Colleague Clubcard helpline last Friday to which I was informed that in "turning on the double discount it knocked out a few thousand colleague cards so their discount got knocked out". After being informed of this I was told I'd have to go to Customer Service to get a paid out, so I did this which was a pain in the backside! Thankfully there wasn't much of a queue the time I went and they were super helpful!

Then the headaches begin.....I hadn't used my discount since the end of the double discount til today. I kinda just assumed now double discount is over it'd be working again.....I assumed wrong! Go to use it today still nothing, ring the Collleague Clubcard again and get told the issue is still on going and just keep going Customer Service and they put down the phone....Only thing is when I was able to go there afterwards (after my shift and the helping closed) I was greeted by being told I'm wrong and  it's all fixed......so I didn't get my discount refunded and was told I probably run out of discount (when I know I haven't and as anyone knows if you reach your limit a message appears telling you so which there was none with me) and to call the Colleague Clubcard helpline again >:(

My question is did anyone else have this issue? And if you did are you still suffering with it?

All of this is such a ball ache dealing with it!! :( :(

m360

• Know All
Re: Discount not working
« Reply #1 on: 19-12-18, 11:08PM »
Ongoing issue with a small number of cards.

Front end managers have had comms to issue refunds through CSD

Extrastore

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 20-12-18, 07:10PM »
Same with mine, though yesterday it would not work on checkout tills but did work on CSD tills!

Diva-dog

« Reply #3 on: 31-12-18, 04:34PM »
Mine hasn't worked since November.  Contacted the helpline and was told that the card would be re-registered within 24 hours - it worked once, then reverted back to no discount.

My discount showed that I had used £440 in August, but on the September/October/November payslips, although I had used the discount card - the amount stayed the same, (£440).

I received an email on Friday, explaining that my card had been checked, and I had used all the discount I had left, meaning I had spent over £5,500 within three months - I'm a GA, no other income, I don't earn that amount.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 31-12-18, 11:01PM »
shop elsewhere from now on!! >:D

Flatout

« Reply #5 on: 03-01-19, 07:30AM »
Is the discount considered a benefit in kind?? if it is, are you taxed on the amount discounted??

Walker

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 03-01-19, 02:25PM »
My understanding is that the staff discount is below the marginal cost of production and so you don't need to pay tax on it  https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/employment-income-manual/eim21102

Or, in non-legal, Tesco still makes a profit on the goods they are selling us. If they were selling it at a loss we'd have to pay tax.
« Last Edit: 03-01-19, 02:27PM by Walker »

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #7 on: 03-01-19, 04:05PM »
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/worklife/g22809927/best-staff-discount-companies/
Staff discount is nothing else as expense for Tesco so less tax is paid at the end of the year. Tesco is selling goods with profit margin of hundrets of %. Not all but still.
Not everyone is able to buy enough goods to max out discount (£1000) so company is saving milions by paying lower wage but offering discount that only few really uses.
And final bit. Tesco discount would be trully worth it if it was 20% all year long.

Extrastore

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 04-01-19, 03:00PM »
Mine stopped working again, reported to help desk yesterday again. they said new card would not solve problem, issue is at their end. Should be ok in 7 days.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 04-01-19, 04:43PM »
why don't people start shopping elsewhere if they can't get their discount??? 8-)

Diva-dog

« Reply #10 on: 06-01-19, 07:05PM »
I have  ;)

Mully

« Reply #11 on: 11-01-19, 01:56AM »
Yes I’m going through exactly the same as you now being told I’m out of discount 😡💩I pointed out to them that on my last payslip discount showed at £424 so impossible to be out they’re reply to that was the payslips haven’t been accurate for a few months??? I know myself it’s total c**p  I hadn’t even made any big purchases this year like I did in other years , their I.T is prehistoric 😡😡😡 so frustrating is an understatement

Adywebb

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #12 on: 11-01-19, 11:04PM »
I have the same issue, it started before the double discount and have also now been told its because I’ve used it all which doesn’t seem right to me.
They have refused to send me details of my clubcard spend as ‘it is alot of work’ I am now submitting a formal data request to obtan it.

amex

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #13 on: 12-01-19, 09:09AM »
Has anybody else noticed on this months payslip there is no record of discount in the left hand side as usually is? 

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #14 on: 12-01-19, 06:31PM »
Alex, discount on payslip didn't change Aug-nov and then disappeared in Dec.  Something to do with rebooting the payslip site because people couldn't get on to it .

brucie

« Reply #15 on: 19-01-19, 07:25PM »
Went to use my discount card yesterday and guess what no discount . rang helpline plenty discount left will try and get it up and running next week.