Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-03-19, 09:58AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58921
  • Total Topics: 1091
  • Online Today: 187
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Pay Puzzle!  (Read 3387 times)

Godstopper

• VLH Supporter
Pay Puzzle!
« on: 15-12-18, 01:22PM »
Hello,

I need - well, who doesn't - some help deciphering my payslip!

I joined on 1st of Dec (induction), and began working my contracted hours on Mon 3rd (15 per week). I'm on the starter rate of £8.131.

Including today (15th), my total working hours have been 52 (to include induction and overtime). I'm on Dot.com and the contracted hours are 6 am - 9:45, but we're flexed up until 12, and take 30 mins break between 9 - 10 am.

My pay today is £274.43 which accounts for 33.75 hours, but I'm not sure if that is supposed to be my contracted hours, includes the induction, any overtime or what! It's quite hard to calculate if any hours are 'missing.'

We were told we wouldn't be paid until Jan, so this is a bonus - just a bit puzzled trying to work it out!

Any advice is appreciated :)

AlexW

• Regular Pain
Re: Pay Puzzle!
« Reply #1 on: 15-12-18, 01:43PM »
You're always a week behind with overtime, so this pay packet will include any overtime up until Thurs 6th. Anything after that, up until Thurs 3rd Jan will be included in the next pay packet. If I've got my dates right that is.

Godstopper

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 15-12-18, 01:55PM »
Hello!

That's helpful, thanks!

It looks about right minus the induction, so still slightly puzzled! Trying to avoid querying in store unless necessary.

« Reply #3 on: 15-12-18, 10:29PM »
PAY DATE 14 DECEMBER 2018
PAY PERIOD FOR AMENDMENTS (e.g. overtime, absences, sickness, holidays) - FRIDAY 09 NOVEMBER 2018 – THURSDAY 06 DECEMBER 2018   

PAY PERIOD FOR BASIC PAY - SUNDAY 18 NOVEMBER 2018 – SATURDAY 15 DECEMBER 2018

Usually any overtime you worked up to and including Thursday 06 December would have shown on this pay. Unfortunately, you started working for the company too close to pay day for the HRAM system to catch up. The overtime should carry over and be paid in January's pay.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 16-12-18, 09:47AM »
SHOULD!! don't hold your breath!! :-X

mdnq123

« Reply #5 on: 18-12-18, 08:31PM »
How long does it take to get the first payslip? I am still waiting for mine  :(

just curious

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 18-12-18, 11:07PM »
In previous years I recall Christmas overtime being paid - credited in front for full time / regular / permanent staff , as the company could always reclaim any overtime payment made from the employee for the hours they did not work, the employee also got black listed from any other available overtime for a period of time due to unreliability.  Happy days and times as you got the overtime money to spend over Christmas not in the new year.

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 19-12-18, 01:23AM »
Why are wages never the same even if you do the same days/hours every week.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #8 on: 19-12-18, 03:51PM »
Dunno mate after 20 years of never working overtime and doing the 36.5 hours my pay is never the same from one month to another. I clock on 10 mins before my shift and clock off 1 min past my finish time so it cant be that.

Call me paranoid bill but imagine the money you save under paying people by a quid or so every month and obfuscate the payslip to such an extent that no one without a degree in quantum physics can make head nor tail of it coupled with a system of checking out problems that consists of your LM telling you that its 'All correct' I recon that money will be in the hundreds of thousand if not millions per month.

Warren

« Reply #9 on: 10-01-19, 10:32PM »
On the subject of pay, does anyone know what BT stands for in additional pay information.
Thank you in advance.

Mully

« Reply #10 on: 11-01-19, 01:30AM »
Payslips are only online now . Such a pain they are too

Charlie Harper

« Reply #11 on: 11-01-19, 09:01PM »
On the subject of pay, does anyone know what BT stands for in additional pay information.
Thank you in advance.

Taken from what I've found in a post from Minion here http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=15521.0

''BT is a bit more confusing, I believe it goes back to when you have worked a bank hol in the past and did not work enough hours to cover the ua, it goes into a shortfall bucket,''

Hope this helps.

BillOddie

« Reply #12 on: 12-01-19, 04:51PM »
PAY DATE 14 DECEMBER 2018
PAY PERIOD FOR AMENDMENTS (e.g. overtime, absences, sickness, holidays) - FRIDAY 09 NOVEMBER 2018 – THURSDAY 06 DECEMBER 2018   

PAY PERIOD FOR BASIC PAY - SUNDAY 18 NOVEMBER 2018 – SAt*rdAY 15 DECEMBER 2018

Usually any overtime you worked up to and including Thursday 06 December would have shown on this pay. Unfortunately, you started working for the company too close to pay day for the HRAM system to catch up. The overtime should carry over and be paid in January's pay.

So if the new overtime period started on the 7th of December (the day after the last overtime period ended) that pay would be included in the payday? (December the 14th).

I just started working at Tesco and I'm confused about overtime. Thankyou

dizzy_1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #13 on: 12-01-19, 06:52PM »
any overtime from Nov to 7th Dec would be paid to you on the 14th Dec, if you worked over time on the 8th Dec or after that, it would be paid to you yesterday 11th Jan.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!