Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-10-19, 10:12AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8508
  • Latest: sheryle
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61716
  • Total Topics: 1084
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 63
Total: 68

Author Topic: .com observations and questions  (Read 20335 times)

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
Re: .com observations and questions
« Reply #75 on: 11-06-17, 08:33PM »
elsewhere...

Employees who volunteer for the program will get background and motor-vehicle safety checks.

Employees will wear their vests during the home commute/delivery trip and knock on doors of recipients, Jariwala said. If they're not home, employees will leave the package on the doorstep and take photos with their phones as proof of delivery.

I'm not certain 'doorstep' safe deposits are a viable means of delivery in many areas. You might take a photo of where you leave the parcel but what does that matter if some scroat nicks it?

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/walmart-tests-store-employees-deliver-e-commerce/309232/

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #76 on: 11-06-17, 09:20PM »
Or even a less than honest employee taking the photo then taking the parcel home with them.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Tezzuk

« Reply #77 on: 01-08-17, 03:03PM »
No idea how to start a new post, I am not incognito and have used my own email address as used on Tesco network.  Just a question I'm at this moment in time torn between, truth, reality and what really happens, and just telling it as it is and know I  will get dismissed, on the other hand use information to remove discrimination, try and get us all treated the same on a fair and equal basis and give our managers a chance. but I'm at a cross roads and frustrated.

I like Tesco and my team and respect a lot of what they have to deal with is difficult, but where do you draw line in the sand and say enough is enough, Tesco need to follow their own policy's for every colleague not ignore them or make up new ones as following policy would and could cause problems for mangers.

Union LOL, what a joke

At what point do top brass stop giving us 3 weeks notice of a visit? and just turn up for a reality check.

Sorry just ranting due to my frustration at trying to follow Tesco procedure and never getting an answer, and I am still not sure I even believe half of what I have seen in 6 years at Dot.com and would anyone believe me? some times I don't even believe my own eyes.

I'm so tempted to post a week in life of Enfield dot com, only thing that stops me is the fantastic colleagues and great members of my team may be tarnished, what the way forward is I have no idea.

Global Moderator Comment New post, please read VLH Supporter Benefits
« Last Edit: 01-08-17, 03:16PM by Tezzuk »

Moonboy57

« Reply #78 on: 05-08-17, 05:44AM »
Can't say I agree it is toughest.  Physically you are only working hard a few minutes every 10 or 15 as the rest of the time you are driving.  Psychologically, I would find working in store a lot tougher as I am someone who prefers not being cooped up and likes my own company.  When asked if I would like to be till-trained I said, Hell no!  Coping with one customer every ten minutes is enough for me.
You're joking right!
How about having to load your own van in the morning anything up to 700kg, same again lunch time and same again end of shift for evening driver? If only it was as easy as you say! Our guys are all suffering at varying levels with back problems! As well as humping it up steps, through gardens up stairs etc and then carrying it into people's kitchens!Not the toughest? Explain what is!

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #79 on: 05-08-17, 06:46AM »
elsewhere...

Employees who volunteer for the program will get background and motor-vehicle safety checks.

Employees will wear their vests during the home commute/delivery trip and knock on doors of recipients, Jariwala said. If they're not home, employees will leave the package on the doorstep and take photos with their phones as proof of delivery.

I'm not certain 'doorstep' safe deposits are a viable means of delivery in many areas. You might take a photo of where you leave the parcel but what does that matter if some scroat nicks it?

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/walmart-tests-store-employees-deliver-e-commerce/309232/

we had a woman caught following yodel in her car and pinching parcels from porches in our local area

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #80 on: 05-08-17, 08:01AM »
How about having to load your own van in the morning anything up to 700kg, same again lunch time and same again end of shift for evening driver?
Three reps of 70 odd light weights spread over ten hours?  Should not be a problem for a normally health and fit person (I am over 60, overweight and suffer from asthma yet still manage it easily).  If it is giving you a bad back you should first review your body position and technique.

Moonboy57

« Reply #81 on: 05-08-17, 10:22AM »
...  If it is giving you a bad back you should first review your body position and technique.
Body position?
Is there a particular one that l should be adopting then?
And for what part of the job?
Let's call it 500kg each loading equals 1500kg. Take it off the van x 2 another 1000 kg.
Give to customer or lift through house into kitchen often through restricted doorways another 1000 kg.
Altogether that can be 3500 kg and more everyday. Not including the humping up gardens, pathways, steps and stairs. Or the emptying of trays and the use of the sac truck in land out of van. So probably heading towards 5000 kg each day.
Now l know it's got nothing to do with that I'll look at my body posture. Cheers!

Dorothy C

« Reply #82 on: 05-09-17, 01:45PM »
Don't do your doughnut, That's what I heard. :thumbup:

best

« Reply #83 on: 21-10-17, 01:02AM »
Lol,always been told it's all about providing a service to the customer by the management not cost. :(

Stevil

« Reply #84 on: 15-11-18, 04:42PM »
Can't say I agree it is toughest.  Physically you are only working hard a few minutes every 10 or 15 as the rest of the time you are driving.  Psychologically, I would find working in store a lot tougher as I am someone who prefers not being cooped up and likes my own company.  When asked if I would like to be till-trained I said, Hell no!  Coping with one customer every ten minutes is enough for me.
You're joking right!
How about having to load your own van in the morning anything up to 700kg, same again lunch time and same again end of shift for evening driver? If only it was as easy as you say! Our guys are all suffering at varying levels with back problems! As well as humping it up steps, through gardens up stairs etc and then carrying it into people's kitchens!Not the toughest? Explain what is!

got to say i find working backroom/turnaround a lot more physical then delivering. i was a driver for over 5 years before and it is a lot easier then what i do now, and yes we had to load our own vans, have split runs as the runs were over weight and the average run weight was around 650- 700kg pretty much all the time

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #85 on: 15-11-18, 06:14PM »
You're joking right!

Produce GA in a busy store does more in a day Home Shopping drivers do in a week. The majority of your, "work day" is spent sitting on your arse. That's one reason it's so fat ;)

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #86 on: 15-11-18, 07:48PM »
Judging by the amount of music I burn while actually in the van it is around five hours driving and three hours humping.