Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-07-19, 09:46AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58121
  • Total Topics: 1030
  • Online Today: 158
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes  (Read 781393 times)

Riddler99

• Regular Pain
Re: 2019 Structure Changes
« Reply #4700 on: 15-06-19, 11:22PM »
Just leave Tesco. Best move anyone can take. Trust me

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #4701 on: 16-06-19, 12:27PM »
Is there any shift leaders in any complex stores yet anywhere? I seen there was a pay rate for shift leader in complex format next to team support. I wonder if the Team Manager post is being scrapped to more a TL role under the Shift Leader (complex stores) job title. I have heard talks about this for over a year and it could finally be taking place. Not long to wait now. I honestly think on a night shift there should be less of a pay gap between the top and bottom rung. We are all just unskilled labourers and a lot of the work that is argued over nightly eg holiday and overtime could be done by a tablet and a day manager could authorise/decline these. You don’t need someone on notes more an hour to manage a couple of monkeys. Throw them change/bananas more.

The only complex store shift leader rates Ive heard of are for metros doing superstore turnover.  High customer count etc. 

BeardedBerk

« Reply #4702 on: 17-06-19, 09:01PM »
Beardedberk. Had pretty the same. An email from personnel to arrange a time to meet or call.  I will be requesting the info I've asked for first as I'd like to prepare myself.  I had a feeling the call would just be to bamboozle me with jargon and intimidate me into handing the money over without proof it's due.

Got another email today saying my request has now been passed onto another relevant department to be sorted out.... Corn't speyke.

How hard can it be to go ok this is what you should have had and here is the paperwork showing it

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4703 on: 17-06-19, 09:25PM »
Let us all know what is happening when they know.  :)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4704 on: 17-06-19, 09:57PM »
Anyone know the contact address for prospective employers to contact regarding a reference? I know it's not a personal one.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4705 on: 17-06-19, 10:06PM »
Lucgeo

External.enquiries@tesco.com

Payroll team
Tesco house
Ground floor highwoods
Shire park
Kestrel way
Wylwyn garden city
AL7 1GA

Include your national insurance number so they can easily identify you  :thumbup:

Apples

« Reply #4706 on: 17-06-19, 11:00PM »
Having asked for a BREAKDOWN of figures I got sent the redundancy schedule we received at the 1st consultation. Beginning to doubt these figures even exist. At a lost to see how any of this is right.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4707 on: 17-06-19, 11:19PM »
@Lucgeo
once your prospective employer has sent the reference request. Expect your prospective employer to receive a letter/email from tesco, with an attachment asking for YOU (Lucgeo) to fill in the attached form with; Your name, your employee number and your NI number (and possibly DOB, but I am not sure), and you will be expected to sign and date this letter/attachement to give your permission to them (tesco) to release your reference details (It may be due to the GDPR's ) before they will send the details to your prospective employer.

In light of the above (probable) exchange of paper work it may be more time efficient for the employer to make the request via the email address, as if you go the postal route you will have the postal time to add to any delay in response from tesco.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Pmjd84

« Reply #4708 on: 18-06-19, 04:47AM »
I’ve heard all stores are now gong to go to twilight fill. What’s everyone’s opinion on this? For those who work in a twilight fill store - does it work?

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #4709 on: 18-06-19, 07:16AM »
Really?! (-*-) Finally i can take redundancy and fock off elsewhere :) ..... We r superstore with few twilight fillers and it doesnt work. We are loosing money as f*** but SM want few people afternoon ... and its really bad.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4710 on: 18-06-19, 07:25AM »
Twilight wouldn’t work in some store which are busy up to 8pm at night. Would be a slow fill. But it would give the customers better stock availability. No point waiting on a night crew when shelf’s are empty in afternoon and delivery’s on site. It’s a tough call in some stores but never say never. I only do one shift a week so wouldn’t get much redundancy but whatever I got would do nicely to leave this fiasco.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4711 on: 18-06-19, 08:50AM »
Thanks to all for the reference address  8-) :thumbup:

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4712 on: 18-06-19, 08:55AM »
Lucgeo straight from our tosco  :thumbup:

T.C.1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4713 on: 18-06-19, 09:38AM »
At this time and at this moment unless there is 100% proof in what has been said and not on rumour after rumour please refrain. There's a lot of worried colleagues out there feeling sick with worry about paying bills and the mortgage.

Nightworker23

« Reply #4714 on: 18-06-19, 09:40AM »
I’ve heard all stores are now gong to go to twilight fill. What’s everyone’s opinion on this? For those who work in a twilight fill store - does it work?

And where have you "heard" this? Or is it just someone's opinion whom you work with?!

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #4715 on: 18-06-19, 09:49AM »
T.C.1 , I completely agree , but people also need to remember there are other jobs out there , your mortgage company will generally allow you to go to interest only for a period of time and credit card companies will come to a payment agreement with you.

Many things were put in place after the 2007/08 crash to ensure financial institutions helped those In this situation.  People need to try to stop worrying about what will happen in Tesco because we really don't know !

Everyone needs to try to do their job, enjoy their life and if the sh#t hits the fan deal with it then.  For those that it happened to recently,  I really recommend citizens advice,  there are so many things they can help you with.

Buddah

« Reply #4716 on: 18-06-19, 09:56AM »
Having asked for a BREAKDOWN of figures I got sent the redundancy schedule we received at the 1st consultation. Beginning to doubt these figures even exist. At a lost to see how any of this is right.

I also asked for a breakdown of figures & the reply I had from the personnel manager was the figures quoted in my consultation.  Not sure where I stand now going forward !  I thought legally they had to give a breakdown to prove how I was overpaid ??

Anyone else heard anything regarding the overpayment?

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #4717 on: 18-06-19, 10:01AM »
'you want money I have ? then prove you're entitled to it.' simple concept in law.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Apples

« Reply #4718 on: 18-06-19, 10:29AM »
Buddah I'm at the same stage as you then. I can't understand why they can't provide what's being asked for. But look the longer this drags on the more they are gonna shoot themselves in the foot. I am making contact attempting to resolve this issue and tesco are not being Forth coming with what should be basic info.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4719 on: 18-06-19, 11:26AM »
Figures quoted in your consultation were not complete, with the section TBC left without a numerical figure....I have written consultation notes to support that I enquired about this figure and the reply was that it was unknown and TBC, but the final redundancy figure would be HIGHER than the total quoted.

Therefore, in my opinion, that negates their reply of figures quoted in the consultation meetings or the first consultation forecast figure.

BeardedBerk

« Reply #4720 on: 18-06-19, 12:07PM »
Had another email today saying that I had spoken to my consultation manager which is correct and that he has given me the figures I asked for..... Which is incorrect obviously as the figures he has are the ones I got in my last consultation letter with figures missing still.

Gets more and more laughable by the day

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4721 on: 18-06-19, 12:12PM »
At this time and at this moment unless there is 100% proof in what has been said and not on rumour after rumour please refrain. There's a lot of worried colleagues out there feeling sick with worry about paying bills and the mortgage.

:thumbup:

Apples

« Reply #4722 on: 18-06-19, 12:19PM »
Exactly and as stated previously they are figures for illustration only!! They are not a breakdown!! Nor is that a breakdown of the overpayment or explanation of how it occurred!! What's your next step?

BeardedBerk

« Reply #4723 on: 18-06-19, 12:23PM »
Exactly and as stated previously they are figures for illustration only!! They are not a breakdown!! Nor is that a breakdown of the overpayment or explanation of how it occurred!! What's your next step?

I've emailed them back saying I'd spoke to the manager who kind of did the scaremongering a little saying tesco would keep pursuing for the money but I've still not had these figures and this is now becoming a waste of mine and your time due to the incompetents of simply finding the figures I should have and producing them

Pmjd84

« Reply #4724 on: 18-06-19, 02:41PM »

And where have you "heard" this? Or is it just someone's opinion whom you work with?!

Spoke to our lead night manager who said he had questioned our SM about why days are getting so much money for recruitment and not nights even though they're struggling. She said she's preparing for a shift to twilight fill in the next few months.