Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-06-19, 09:44AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 57788
  • Total Topics: 1018
  • Online Today: 147
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes  (Read 727120 times)

Overworked1

• Know All
Re: 2019 Structure Changes
« Reply #4675 on: 14-06-19, 01:34AM »
Madness

True and I have seen it work but there is also too many managers keeping things to themselves and losing pieces of paper.

Other managers should be able to see colleagues holidays and overtime too at all times. They may have to arrange a meeting or may want to make an offer of overtime. The tablet too saves colleagues hunting for a manager to check or make requests. 

There is too much he/she said and too many TMs letting people work where they want. Too many colleagues only doing OT if in a certain aisle. The managers should be asking if people want overtime and aisle will be discussed when you turn up. Managers obviously need to check if people are on light duties before allocating and look at putting people in aisles where they can finish in good time.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #4676 on: 14-06-19, 10:46AM »
After 187+ pages I think this thread/topic has just about run its course, as it is branching in many different directions.

May be locked very shortly, but left for reference.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BeardedBerk

« Reply #4677 on: 14-06-19, 01:38PM »
Beardedberk have you have any further contact yet?

Nothing in the form of an email but just had a message from one of union reps asking if one of the managers can ring me but currently in work

Only thing this can be about

BeardedBerk

« Reply #4678 on: 14-06-19, 01:59PM »
Spoke to manager who did my consultation.

Informed me obviously tesco will keep pursuing me for the money which all I said was I've just asked for the fulll breakdown of figures  which he will relay back to Richard

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #4679 on: 14-06-19, 02:13PM »
Sounds like a bit of pressure is being applied,  if they pursue you without giving a full breakdown of the figures with an explanation of the error(s) then they would be guilty of harassment/bullying.  Retain as much correspondence as you can and a diary of any that you can't.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Apples

« Reply #4680 on: 14-06-19, 02:48PM »
Beardedberk. Had pretty the same. An email from personnel to arrange a time to meet or call.  I will be requesting the info I've asked for first as I'd like to prepare myself.  I had a feeling the call would just be to bamboozle me with jargon and intimidate me into handing the money over without proof it's due.

BigBlueCo

« Reply #4681 on: 14-06-19, 03:06PM »
Can anyone describe why counters , Stock and merch colleagues  , who have lost hours and on protected pay, will take a hit on the pay increase  , feels very unfair , what happened to  "one team "

Global Moderator Comment Question may be better asked in the 'Pay rise' thread.

BoredBaker

« Reply #4682 on: 14-06-19, 04:26PM »
Can anyone explain to me what is happening with the new heatmap and the “managing by hours” scheme that’s been set up? My department been told we’re massively over hours by 2 full time bakers and 1 packer. Does this mean we won’t have a job? Also been asked to fill in availability forms and hinted to from management that our hours will be altered...can they do this?

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4683 on: 14-06-19, 04:36PM »
I can see it now you have 2 full time bakers one on holiday and  other goes sick for two weeks so no bakery for two weeks .

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4684 on: 14-06-19, 06:06PM »
Beardedberk. Had pretty the same. An email from personnel to arrange a time to meet or call.  I will be requesting the info I've asked for first as I'd like to prepare myself.  I had a feeling the call would just be to bamboozle me with jargon and intimidate me into handing the money over without proof it's due.

Before any communication begins, ask the name and dept of the person calling and their dept contact details. Then write down the time and date of speaking, making bullet points of anything that may be helpful later on.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

sadoldman

« Reply #4685 on: 14-06-19, 06:51PM »
would not worry to much the bakery wont be there  much longer  i recon just  before Christmas   all  the bakers will be laid off   cost  the company  to much money old school contracts ect

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4686 on: 14-06-19, 07:00PM »
Maybe January, doubt they would chance upsetting the customers before Chrimbo ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #4687 on: 14-06-19, 07:07PM »
Defo after xmas , they stated in February that bakeries wouldn't be touched "this year" .

BoredBaker

« Reply #4688 on: 14-06-19, 07:40PM »
Bakeries definitely will be gone after Christmas. No skilled bakers and all frozen bake off products.

But what will happen in the meantime with this new scheme?

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4689 on: 14-06-19, 08:00PM »
A lot of the time the bakers are stocking. They should only be giving a skills payment when they are doing the skill task not for every hour on shift. This is an area which should be looked at. I hope they don’t end up reducing the days of operation like the Counters but this will probably end up happening.

So much for all under the 1 roof stores.  Yes customers can check opening hours on phones and computer but you still get those complaining because a section of the shop is shut. They be as well just scrapping the 24 all together. The nightshift could get finished quicker if they didn’t need to worry about customers. Suppose the calculation you have to make is does the profit from customers over night merit having all staff there an hour or so more. I will be honest I think our store is well over contract hours. They just need to make better use of the agency brought in during peek, make sure they are working or 1 day and they are out. This is the way it works elsewhere so why should Tesco be different. Tesco want to replicate other well here is where you are failing for a start.

Or a much easier idea Tesco could employ bare minimum staff (1/2 days max contract) and have an app to get the bulk of staff. When the delivery arrives a duty manager puts the amount of delivery into an app and the app gives out the shifts to the first 1 of 1000000 reservists who are registered for work and within an hour/ less you have people on the shop floor. It would be no different from a Taxi booking app without the overheads of being a taxi driver. Minimal holiday/sick pay and next to no investigation or disciplinary...

dotnochance

« Reply #4690 on: 14-06-19, 08:10PM »
So all the bakery staff would just be sitting at home looking at phones wondering if their going to get some hours, hoping they might scrap a few hours here and there. is that u dave?

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4691 on: 14-06-19, 08:29PM »
 :-* :-*

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #4692 on: 14-06-19, 10:32PM »
A lot of the time the bakers are stocking. They should only be giving a skills payment when they are doing the skill task not for every hour on shift. This is an area which should be looked at. I hope they don’t end up reducing the days of operation like the Counters but this will probably end up happening.

So much for all under the 1 roof stores.  Yes customers can check opening hours on phones and computer but you still get those complaining because a section of the shop is shut. They be as well just scrapping the 24 all together. The nightshift could get finished quicker if they didn’t need to worry about customers. Suppose the calculation you have to make is does the profit from customers over night merit having all staff there an hour or so more. I will be honest I think our store is well over contract hours. They just need to make better use of the agency brought in during peek, make sure they are working or 1 day and they are out. This is the way it works elsewhere so why should Tesco be different. Tesco want to replicate other well here is where you are failing for a start.

Or a much easier idea Tesco could employ bare minimum staff (1/2 days max contract) and have an app to get the bulk of staff. When the delivery arrives a duty manager puts the amount of delivery into an app and the app gives out the shifts to the first 1 of 1000000 reservists who are registered for work and within an hour/ less you have people on the shop floor. It would be no different from a Taxi booking app without the overheads of being a taxi driver. Minimal holiday/sick pay and next to no investigation or disciplinary...

Do semi skilled bakers just bake frozen goods or do they have to actually use rolling pins etc like skilled bakers, if they just bake off frozen goods, then bakers in express should surely be recieving the skills payment associated with semi-skilled baker, it should also be the case for the admin in Express who does the job of wage clerk plus a lot more cash office routines.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4693 on: 14-06-19, 10:35PM »
When skills payment was first agreed between Tesco and Usdaw it was suggested express admin should get skill payment, but Tesco said the role is entry level and does not require any extra pay, not fair really but then what is fair in Tesco in this day and age.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Paulie

« Reply #4694 on: 15-06-19, 08:44AM »
There should be no skills rate, a Baker should be on x amount per hour compared to customer assistant with x amount per hour. Its up to the company to decide who's worth what. This skills rate is a penny pinching idea to save money and confuse people. If a Baker is asked to work dot com, he should still be paid bakers rate.

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #4695 on: 15-06-19, 11:50AM »
If Express cas do all of these skilled roles without skills payment, then they should rid skills payment entirely (except for shift leaders and customer delivery drivers, basically all skilled shopfloor roles that's done in Express.) It can even go towards funding their next "Rob Peter to to pay Paul" 2 year pay deal.

Ajoe

« Reply #4696 on: 15-06-19, 12:36PM »
Has anyone heard anything more about possible stock control manager redundancies?! I’ve heard rumours the role willl be combined, and only the stock admin managers job is safe, with the food stock control manages job being made redundant....

It was a store manager that told me, that I’ve known many years, but he said he was sworn to secrecy?! I would have thought though, if a leak was out, it would be wider  talked about.. he said we would be told in the next 3 months

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4697 on: 15-06-19, 01:06PM »
There is a management restructure soon and going forward every effort is being taken to make the business more lean so I’d say you are right. Quite a few I work with as a GA many years ago are SMs and above so I will ask about. Even in large stores 2/3 managers is enough.

Ajoe

« Reply #4698 on: 15-06-19, 04:19PM »
Thank you for the reply! I thought I’d dodged the bullet for a bit longer; when we were told a couple of months ago there were no plans to review stock control managers!! Nearly made the 25 year service mark in January too!

Any sort of information is appreciated...

Batmanjo

« Reply #4699 on: 15-06-19, 10:36PM »
Can anyone explain to me what is happening with the new heatmap and the “managing by hours” scheme that’s been set up? My department been told we’re massively over hours by 2 full time bakers and 1 packer. Does this mean we won’t have a job? Also been asked to fill in availability forms and hinted to from management that our hours will be altered...can they do this?

The heatmap is just a copy of the ROTA for the dept you are employed on. If you are shown the heatmap just look at the bottom and it will tell you staff breaks are not included which means it is an inconclusive piece of bullsh*t as it is not a true reflection of the dept, in the bottom left hand corner are the names of all comrades on your dept. I have come up against the "heatmap" many times and confronted them with the facts that they need a business reason to move hours and not just a copy of the rota. But it is always best just to listen to what has to be said and offered 1st as it may be more in your favour then the companies.