Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15-06-19, 11:55PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58254
  • Total Topics: 1022
  • Online Today: 175
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes  (Read 707696 times)

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Re: 2019 Structure Changes
« Reply #4650 on: 12-06-19, 05:14AM »
The stores don't have a PM anymore !!!

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #4651 on: 12-06-19, 07:44AM »
It will instead be the wages clerk or admin colleague who is left to resolve this mess.

DJL

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4652 on: 12-06-19, 09:34AM »
The stores don't have a PM anymore !!!
Yes they do! They are PM for a geographical area covering 5/6 stores.  It’s their role to review this and fix; as they are doing in our store.

Clearly they will pass the information on once resolved, however they do play a part in this

Can I be clear, I’m just stating a fact, the PM population nowadays are faceless people who send out emails and are never in stores for any meaningful length of time!  An expensive resource which frankly don’t do a lot

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #4653 on: 12-06-19, 01:20PM »
Thank you for the reply. I have been with the conpany for 8 years and work 4 days a week. I have been on maternity so haven't done any overtime since the start of the new tesco holiday year. If I had earnt 3 days holiday and 1 day bank holiday as standard by this date in previous years, then surely it should be the same now?

I have heard that although holiday still accrues whilst being on maternity, it has been known to be on a different system so could this have screwed it up? I was told during my redundancy consultation that I should get more than my printed out figures as it would include holidays too. Did anyone else get holiday pay as part of their May 31st redundancy?

You either get the entirety of your holiday allowance, or just the earnt amount, this is down to when you started at Tesco  (only really old timers get the full holiday amount as far as i'm aware, most just get the "earnt" amount.)

As for the holiday accrual rate, i'm 90% sure the fact you're booked on maternity has effected your accrual rate, probably a systemic error which you should raise with the people manager.

Some unscrupulous SMs (most of them) will take off holiday when you're on maternity/sick leave, make sure you have checked the "taken" part if your holiday allowance.

Thank you for your reply. This is what I thought. I have raised it with my (previous) manager.  Similarly, I was underpaid my redundancy too.  I received the 3 components as stated on the redundancy breakdown, however, a large sum of money was taken from this as 'basic pay CR'.

I am assuming this means correction. There is no explanation anywhere as to why they have taken this money.  For the other people who have been underpaid, were you just given a lesser amount or was your money deducted like mine?

I have spoken to my manager and they are looking into it.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why they may have taken it before I get my hopes up of getting it back.  I don't owe them any money and didn't receive any wages other than PILON as I was on maternity when I was made redundant.

CR next to any element of the Pay slip means Credit. It's usually applied to tax and pension elements of the pay slip, it's function is to inverse the payment , so under deductions, tax for instance, if you see tax <value>CR, it means you'll have the value amount added to your gross pay, similarly if you see basic pay <value>CR.it means its deducted from your total pay.

BeardedBerk

« Reply #4654 on: 12-06-19, 01:30PM »
Got an email today from the debt team saying that my request for a detailed breakdown has been sent onto someone else to mess up now I'm guessing.

Overworked1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4655 on: 12-06-19, 01:39PM »
Yes...pass the parcel. No one is interested in taking on the extra work. We are all in the same boat jobs constantly on the line and Dave screwing us over while we stay.

Apples

« Reply #4656 on: 12-06-19, 01:50PM »
I had sent my email to the colleague support email address and it has been "channelled" to the appropriate person to deal with my query. Let's see!!

BeardedBerk

« Reply #4657 on: 12-06-19, 06:30PM »
luckily i got a job straight away so the money is just sat there which is nice to have

and is stay sat there until i get a full breakdown of everything

viperex

« Reply #4658 on: 13-06-19, 09:04AM »
Morning wanted to ask in a few weeks time some new log in system is coming in to effect which will tell you which department etc etc.  asked manger they dont give straight answer  >:(   so can someone tell me exactly what it is !  as i know some stores in uk already have this system in place . tnx

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #4659 on: 13-06-19, 09:44AM »
It's called whole store scheduler,  search topics , there is a thread on it . However we've been being told it's coming for years and all that's happened is an iPad mounted on wall beside clock machine

viperex

« Reply #4660 on: 13-06-19, 09:48AM »
On ours there is old clock system with a Samsung tablet just mounted few weeks ago  :-X

DJL

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4661 on: 13-06-19, 10:01AM »
Morning wanted to ask in a few weeks time some new log in system is coming in to effect which will tell you which department etc etc.  asked manger they dont give straight answer  >:(   so can someone tell me exactly what it is !  as i know some stores in uk already have this system in place . tnx
We have been trialling it for years, huge investment for very little return! Works great on checkout, however the pie in the sky stuff you have just detailed is not a reality! You come in, do your normal shift, or overtime, on the area you have been verbally asked to do by your manager!

In theory it’s great, I can understand why they are implementing such a system, but in reality, it doesn’t work, the systems don’t  talk to each other accurately and it’s clunky to use!

Apples

« Reply #4662 on: 13-06-19, 11:21AM »
Beardedberk have you have any further contact yet?

Overworked1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4663 on: 13-06-19, 11:56AM »
Ohh well with Tesco’s loss of market share as Lidl invest 500m in London creating 1500 jobs  (40 stores) all we hear is managers/colleagues pittance of a wage being worth less. Reduced openings, no staff, no Tesco direct, bank sell offs, people being screwed with the redundancy...where does it stop...but don’t worry we are opening 1 Jacks store in Liverpool. They are even making the rain this year an excuse. The list is endless. f*** off  Dave Lewis you’re nothing but an arse screwing the small people  >:(

viperex

« Reply #4664 on: 13-06-19, 12:50PM »
so is this oracle ( schedule) actually coming as reading from previous posts its either been postponed or shelved ?

and if it is from sound of it i hate it already  >:D my departments never done and yet was asked about different departments last week .  also bs to telling me when i should take a break  >:D   think its time to look elsewhere
« Last Edit: 13-06-19, 12:52PM by viperex »

Walker

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4665 on: 13-06-19, 12:52PM »
Whole store scheduler is coming.

Oracle has been shelved.

viperex

« Reply #4666 on: 13-06-19, 12:57PM »
Whole store scheduler is coming winter is here ?? anyone in there store using it ? whats it like exactly how does it work?  as in my store there are workers takling but apparently managers dont know jack and how it works when asked

auld reekie

« Reply #4667 on: 13-06-19, 01:25PM »
Ohh well with Tesco’s loss of market share as Lidl invest 500m in London creating 1500 jobs  (40 stores) all we hear is managers/colleagues pittance of a wage being worth less. Reduced openings, no staff, no Tesco direct, bank sell offs, people being screwed with the redundancy...where does it stop...but don’t worry we are opening 1 Jacks store in Liverpool. They are even making the rain this year an excuse. The list is endless. f*** off  Dave Lewis you’re nothing but an arse screwing the small people  >:(
Very difficult to argue with your post.

DJL

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4668 on: 13-06-19, 01:26PM »
It gets used, but not for its intended purpose. We still do weekly schedules for wages to amend, daily exceptions still completed and overtime requests asked for on tablet.

Overtime’s shifts are allocated based on who wants them, that’s it, just like managers being well paid replenishment staff, this is an expensive paper schedule!

Overworked1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4669 on: 13-06-19, 01:29PM »
I asked my manager and the best he could say was “it’s a big piece of work” and he doesn’t know when I will be rolled out. But I suppose what can they schedule when it has been raining and there is no work. Constant BS it is. Not a chance is this going to work. Just more money down the pan. The managers in our place do not listen to the SM but I honestly think no one has told them on this one.

Overworked1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4670 on: 13-06-19, 02:12PM »
It gets used, but not for its intended purpose. We still do weekly schedules for wages to amend, daily exceptions still completed and overtime requests asked for on tablet.

Overtime’s shifts are allocated based on who wants them, that’s it, just like managers being well paid replenishment staff, this is an expensive paper schedule!

Overtime schedules do not exist in some stores the TM just has a list of names who are sent a text on there off night asking them if they can come in the next night if someone phones in (usually not even giving people the minimum notice) so it’s usually a waste of time. There is a few that do the same amount/days overtime most the year. Half the flexi worker aren’t even flexible though. Most don’t do OT and others only do it if they are offered it on particular nights. It’s a shambles. Eg you can have 5 grocers then 15 the next night. If you have the pleasure of working Fresh depending on the night you can be struggling to get moving in the chiller due to the backlog of cages. The tablet might be expensive but it might save important paperwork being lost. It could be used to accept and decline overtime meaning people don’t have managers phoning them on off nights. It could be used to accept and decline holidays so that both parties have evidence of what was accepted and declined. The telling people when to take breaks and move roles is when it becomes a joke.

coffeemate

« Reply #4671 on: 13-06-19, 04:18PM »
Does anyone have any information on the management restructure? All we've been told is vacancies are on hold until week 22.  I originally heard that food stock control managers would go if they had under a certain head count then told to carry on as normal and haven't heard anything since. 

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4672 on: 13-06-19, 09:19PM »
If they are, then my old manager will be skipping down the aisles..he's been praying for this...nice bloke who's become totally demoralised over the years with how the company has declined and no longer support, train or follow the core values.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Overworked1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4673 on: 14-06-19, 12:21AM »
Is there any shift leaders in any complex stores yet anywhere? I seen there was a pay rate for shift leader in complex format next to team support. I wonder if the Team Manager post is being scrapped to more a TL role under the Shift Leader (complex stores) job title. I have heard talks about this for over a year and it could finally be taking place. Not long to wait now. I honestly think on a night shift there should be less of a pay gap between the top and bottom rung. We are all just unskilled labourers and a lot of the work that is argued over nightly eg holiday and overtime could be done by a tablet and a day manager could authorise/decline these. You don’t need someone on notes more an hour to manage a couple of monkeys. Throw them change/bananas more.

madness

• Know All
« Reply #4674 on: 14-06-19, 12:58AM »
I can knock up an excel rota for my department in 5 minutes then go and see the people who are likely to want the overtime. Now I will have to do that and then add the info to the scheduler. Only benefit is other managers can see at a glance who is in for other departments but the s*** ones who can never get their own team to pick up overtime will just start poaching those who are in (especially checkouts)

In an ideal world when everyone is a robot and flexi contracts actually work I can see how it can and would work. In a shop with human beings with human feelings about each other and departments it is going to fail and cost time.