Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15-10-19, 10:50PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61620
  • Total Topics: 1082
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes  (Read 850456 times)

3 Inches of Blood

Re: 2019 Structure Changes
« Reply #4225 on: 11-05-19, 09:51AM »
On my last day my manager and the deli manager put on a little spread for the merchandisers and the deli staff, nice Costco cake and everything. The store manager and all of the senior team hadn't said jack s*** to me at any point in the last six weeks. Everyone I spoke to throughout the shop is ready to leave, checkouts, grocery, fresh, bakery, you name it. There is zero morale, zero confidence in the management, nothing.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #4226 on: 11-05-19, 10:12AM »
 OP made 7th December 2018,  and after 170 pages on VLH this extremely distressing saga (for most) is drawing to its latter stages.

To those who have left or are leaving, Take a big breath, consider your options and look forwards not back.

Good luck and a bright future to you all, whatever you would like it to be.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4227 on: 11-05-19, 11:14AM »
Well, I had my last shift yesterday. Came home in tears to be honest, after saying goodbye to my manager that I’d had for years. Handed over my cards keys and uniform. Didn’t even get a leaving card. Not a card. Just remember Newbs. You are just a number, even to the people you thought of as friends.  :'(
I had the totally opposite, they stalled me for a while and led me into the canteen.
All the night team were there and laid out a nice spread.  I was given cards,chocs and a nice bottle  of champagne.
Also a very decent amount was put into a Amazon  card(come in handy).

I gave a little speech and shook everyone's hand.  The nicest thing about it was that I'm not even in their department (I'm night merchi)and they did all this for me.

They say grown men are not supposed to cry.....but...

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4228 on: 11-05-19, 12:20PM »
Lucgeo has left the building  :-*
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

T2019sackallmanagers

« Reply #4229 on: 11-05-19, 12:27PM »
We all had a hand shake, a card and a bottle of champagne from our store manager individually. She also asked certain staff to take the redundancy and enjoy it for six months, to review what you want to do with your life then if you still feel like you want to return to tesco she would have a job waiting for us. She also said that to try our best to get a better job as tescos is only heading one way! Down the pan.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4230 on: 11-05-19, 01:54PM »
Seen many over the last few days going to new employment but reduced to tears due to the underhand way Tesco have made these changes. The experience is lost to people who are studying and those who leave at the first chance of permanent full time hours. The SM and TM done nothing for the leavers. The SM too busy deciding what white BMW he's going to buy from this months bonus.

Rick grimes

« Reply #4231 on: 11-05-19, 02:34PM »
Left toscos yesterday after nearly 15 years what a relief it is to finally get away. I have seen some earlier comnents about store managers, in our store the s/m never had the decensy to make an attempt to see or speak to us the same with some senior team too probably because we were nights poor souls need there beauty sleep, but my manager was great throughout the process as he has always been. I feel lucky as i got my redundancy and i have a job waiting on me so would just like to wish everyone else affected by this s***e the best of luck.

Freddy26

« Reply #4232 on: 11-05-19, 08:31PM »
The store managers these days are not like the ones we used to have since personnel managers were disposed of they have changed so any of you that have left the company and did many years just remember the good times that went before this current crop of I cannot think what to call them it would be very rude . But look forward and I hope you all find what you are looking for out there.
Well said I was redundancy class of 2016 happy to say were all doing ok outside Tesco.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #4233 on: 11-05-19, 09:16PM »
Any thoughts on which will be the next departments to be targeted?

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #4234 on: 11-05-19, 09:25PM »
After starting this topic many months ago can I say how sad it is that Tesco has lost a lot of dedicated and long serving individuals.  I have personally had to make staff that would give their all to the company and who had expected a job for life,  redundant.

All I will say is everyone is just a number and no one is really safe going forward. With automation on the rise will we still need cashiers, drivers or shelf stackers in a decade (or even less) time.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4235 on: 11-05-19, 11:05PM »
I don’t think they’ve finished with stock control yet my manager told me there’s something in the  pipeline for overstocks and she also said all managers are to be trained to be consultation managers.This was from a zoom conference call apparently.Don’t get too comfy folks.

Foodfighter

« Reply #4236 on: 11-05-19, 11:48PM »
More hours will be wiped off stock control when data embedded bar codes come in

auld reekie

« Reply #4237 on: 12-05-19, 08:18AM »
Not in the know but I’m sure the bakery has been mentioned before to be hit.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4238 on: 12-05-19, 08:52AM »
Hopefully shelf fillers.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4239 on: 12-05-19, 09:27AM »
If customers get wind of frozen dough being bought in to make the bread that will be the death knell of the bakery as we know it. That was the rumour going around before the counters were decimated.

uselessga

« Reply #4240 on: 12-05-19, 10:04AM »
I had my last day yesterday, I'm sad that I won't be working with the people I've known for a long time but I certainly won't miss the job itself!
I was told I'm welcome to pop up to the staff restaurant and have breakfast with people if I want  ;D

Onwards and upwards though, new job starts next week!  :)

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4241 on: 12-05-19, 12:30PM »
I don’t think they’ve finished with stock control yet my manager told me there’s something in the  pipeline for overstocks and she also said all managers are to be trained to be consultation managers.This was from a zoom conference call apparently.Don’t get too comfy folks.

Stop trying to scaremonger.  Maybe true, maybe not, but consider how people feel at the moment

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #4242 on: 12-05-19, 12:50PM »
Considering the amount of re-structuring that has taken place recently, I would not advise anybody to get to 'comfortable' in their present employment.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4243 on: 12-05-19, 01:06PM »
Considering the amount of re-structuring that has taken place recently, I would not advise anybody to get to 'comfortable' in their present employment.

Very true. We all are on a bumpy ride for the next couple of years...always keep options open outside of stressco

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4244 on: 12-05-19, 02:35PM »

Unless you work in Express, they can't streamline it any further.

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #4245 on: 12-05-19, 03:24PM »
Yes they can NightandDay, there are still lots of unproductive areas in the store, plus still too many management positions for the little amount of routines needed to be done!

jackwills

« Reply #4246 on: 12-05-19, 05:13PM »
I left on Wednesday, my manager couldn't be bothered to come in to even say good luck with your new ventures. I haven't seen my store manager since before Christmas!! I'm disappointed with the lack of empathy shown in my store, I've been there over 20 years and left that shop feeling completely deflated.
Thankfully I've found myself a new job in a company that puts its staff first. I'm no longer just a number!!

octavia

« Reply #4247 on: 12-05-19, 06:37PM »
i retired 2 years ago. on my last day the only comment i got from the store manager was i thought you had already gone says it all.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4248 on: 12-05-19, 07:31PM »

Stop trying to scaremonger.  Maybe true, maybe not, but consider how people feel at the moment
Just saying what I’ve been told cheers,and I’ve lost some bloody good friends so don’t bother taking any moral high ground.
« Last Edit: 12-05-19, 07:36PM by King1999 »

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4249 on: 12-05-19, 07:53PM »
It’s time everyone wised up the only profit made is purely on getting rid of staff, period.  Lewis is doing irreparable damage and the union should hang their heads in shame bunch of useless (yeah we agree to that) at the expense of real people and that's another constant.  We will see what the loss of hours looks like tomorrow when it all kicks off.  Harsh nope, sick of people trying to do their best and being shafted for it.
« Last Edit: 12-05-19, 07:56PM by King1999 »