Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-04-19, 09:46AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 56377
  • Total Topics: 1000
  • Online Today: 128
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes  (Read 560142 times)

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
Re: 2019 Structure Changes
« Reply #3875 on: 16-04-19, 08:50PM »
Contact a solicitor in employment law maybe they may find Tesco are screwing everyone over it cannot be right to treat people like this.

bornfree

« Reply #3876 on: 16-04-19, 09:13PM »
Thank you Walker for that answer.  They offered me redundancy initially because they misread my availabilty form, giving me the lowest score in the department, hence no job match.
So they offered redundancy at my first 1-to-1 because they made a mistake with my availabilty and I accepted in that meeting. Can they subsequently withdraw the redundancy offer and find me a job within my department? And would I have to accept and lose my redundancy?
 I would now prefer to leave this company and maybe take out a grievance??

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #3877 on: 16-04-19, 09:14PM »
Always remembering that the pointless manager we had in our store made a complete Horlicks of the redundancies that they handled when nights got the chop... vitually everything anyone was told in their meetings was incorrect. If someone of that paygrade could'nt handle it, then it makes one wonder why team managers have been handed the task this time. :( :( :(
The worlds me lobster

Walker

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #3878 on: 16-04-19, 09:22PM »
Was the offer in writing? Did you accept it in writing?

My instinct is that until the consultation is finished if they offer you a reasonable job you will not be entitled to redundancy... But, frankly, I would definitely go to citizens advice for free legal help.

winnie101

« Reply #3879 on: 16-04-19, 10:09PM »
So in my store we are getting different advice regarding holidays! Some are saying we are only entitled to accrued holidays up to 11th May. Others are saying we accrue holidays up to end of notice period! Anybody know?

letmego

« Reply #3880 on: 17-04-19, 12:52AM »
Usdaw rep from a local store attended the collective consultation to decide this process with the mighty Tesco.

I got a call from an ex colleague today who was in a meeting with him. He is insisting on attending every meeting making impacted colleagues situation more difficult trying to argue every point during meetings. She was reduced to tears and would have preferred he hadn't went into meeting shes happy to leave with redundancy.

The reps are two faced nodding dogs in the face of Tesco and feel its ok to reduce a colleague impacted to tears despite the "partnership " agreeing the terms of the consultation.

Usdaw are as guilty of this mess as Tesco , just because they offer reps for meetings never forget they will always comply as financially its in their favour.
Think very carefully before taking a rep in to future meetings any one with half a brain can read on here or Our Tesco for policies and notes of the collective consultations and get their own answers.
USDAW are useless greedy cling ons
« Last Edit: 17-04-19, 12:54AM by letmego »

pete6872

« Reply #3881 on: 17-04-19, 05:48AM »
Hi
Anyone been job matched full time on sc and if so have any of u been told what u will be doing??
Also if u have been job matched was it under stock control or stock control on your own department???

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #3882 on: 17-04-19, 07:58AM »
Winnie it’s holidays earned up to may 11th as you will be dismissed on the system at that date so no way to earn more holiday via notice period. Notice pay is a payoff from that date.

Sidewinder

« Reply #3883 on: 17-04-19, 08:56AM »
^^^ Correct - you are employed up to the date of termination, and holiday accrues for each day that your employment is in force so must be calculated to the DoT

Buddah

« Reply #3884 on: 17-04-19, 09:55AM »
I am full time & haven’t been job matched.  I’ve been given a list of available jobs, if I apply & get offered something will that mean I can no longer decide to take my redundancy?  Or have I got up until the end of the consultation process to change my mind?

Memyselfi

« Reply #3885 on: 17-04-19, 10:26AM »
Hey guys, I’m currently on 30 hours, I’ve had my first meeting for consulatations! I was given the list of vacancies and I expressed I didn’t want to apply for any as I’m happy to walk away with my redundancy! Since finding out I have been looking for jobs! And have a couple interviews coming up! The question I have is, is the date of leaving set at May 11th or is there some kind of rule where as if you find a job you can leave early and still receive your redundancy?

letmego

« Reply #3886 on: 17-04-19, 10:34AM »
Yes, just need to show proof of job offer

Memyselfi

« Reply #3887 on: 17-04-19, 10:42AM »

Would that mean getting the new company to give me the job in writing, then I can hand that in! Sorry for being dense! Can this only be done after a specific date?

FishyFred121

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3888 on: 17-04-19, 10:57AM »

Would that mean getting the new company to give me the job in writing, then I can hand that in! Sorry for being dense! Can this only be done after a specific date?

Yes. You can leave once collective consultation has ended which is due to finish early next week probably the 23rd April. But only if your new job start date is before 11th may otherwise you need to stay till then. I asked this as I have a new job starting on 22nd may and was hoping to be able to finish early but cant

Memyselfi

« Reply #3889 on: 17-04-19, 11:03AM »

Yes. You can leave once collective consultation has ended which is due to finish early next week probably the 23rd April. But only if your new job start date is before 11th may otherwise you need to stay till then. I asked this as I have a new job starting on 22nd may and was hoping to be able to finish early but cant

Brilliant, thanks for the answers will bear that in mind

coinhead

« Reply #3890 on: 17-04-19, 12:22PM »
Will overtime affect the protected pay?? Also will it be adjusted when there is a pay rise or remain at the rate when first rolled out?

Mitten

« Reply #3891 on: 17-04-19, 01:05PM »
No pay rise until the protection pay is finished, so we get no pay rise until 2021, I feel this is completely unfair, but there you go

Munchkin

« Reply #3892 on: 17-04-19, 01:21PM »
Usdaw rep from a local store attended the collective consultation to decide this process with the mighty Tesco. I am a rep so guess a useless greedy cling on as you very rudely state and a rep cannot insist on attending any individual consultation they are only entitled to attend by members request so I suggest anyone not wanting the rep refuses to continue the meeting until they leave

I got a call from an ex colleague today who was in a meeting with him. He is insisting on attending every meeting making impacted colleagues situation more difficult trying to argue every point during meetings. She was reduced to tears and would have preferred he hadn't went into meeting shes happy to leave with redundancy.

The reps are two faced nodding dogs in the face of Tesco and feel its ok to reduce a colleague impacted to tears despite the "partnership " agreeing the terms of the consultation.

Usdaw are as guilty of this mess as Tesco , just because they offer reps for meetings never forget they will always comply as financially its in their favour.
Think very carefully before taking a rep in to future meetings any one with half a brain can read on here or Our Tesco for policies and notes of the collective consultations and get their own answers.
USDAW are useless greedy cling ons

NightAndDay

« Reply #3893 on: 17-04-19, 01:34PM »
No pay rise until the protection pay is finished, so we get no pay rise until 2021, I feel this is completely unfair, but there you go

That could potentially contravene the future NLW, if we go up to £9.20 next year, and someone on 36.5 hours a week got their hours slashed slightly to 34 hours a week (protection pay will mean they get the same rate of pay for 2 years as they've been on with the 36.5 hour contract) £9.20 x 34 = £312.80, £8.42 x 36.5 = 307.33 meaning Tesco won't be paying the NLW.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #3894 on: 17-04-19, 02:37PM »
You get the pay rise ,the pay rise is knocked off your protected pay,so you don't feel the benefit of a pay rise.

Cattyhys

« Reply #3895 on: 17-04-19, 03:48PM »
Thought there was no full time posts

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3896 on: 17-04-19, 04:30PM »
How many weeks is the payment in lieu calculated ?

AnybodysGuess

• Know All
« Reply #3897 on: 17-04-19, 05:13PM »
What happens with Easter holidays? Easter Monday and Tuesday... do these days have to be worked as I should be off on holidays but told I have to work them as I have no days accrued. This is a very grey area to be honest.

pete6872

« Reply #3898 on: 17-04-19, 05:29PM »
So if you have been job matched on sc are job match to your own department or any part of stock control

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3899 on: 17-04-19, 05:29PM »
What happens with Easter holidays? Easter Monday and Tuesday... do these days have to be worked as I should be off on holidays but told I have to work them as I have no days accrued. This is a very grey area to be honest.
are you been made redundant?
I'm on pre booked holidays next week and I'm being made redundant, last day 11th may.
I would have accrued 3days and 1bank holiday.
They will take back 1 day but what the hell (redundancy ok).
Funny thing is at my meeting they asked if I can cancel my holidays as I was needed in.
Well you can imagine my reply to that...lol