Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15-12-18, 10:25PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81726
  • Total Topics: 1708
  • Online Today: 137
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes  (Read 7726 times)

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
2019 Structure Changes
« on: 07-12-18, 10:35PM »
Anyone heard what depts/managers are next for the chop?

m360

• Regular Pain
Re: 2019 Structure Changes
« Reply #1 on: 07-12-18, 11:29PM »
Why start a thread that makes people speculate, spread rumours and make others panic about their jobs?

zebot1976

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #2 on: 08-12-18, 05:20AM »
If there is a no deal Brexit which apparently will threaten the economy in the UK, then this will be the excuse Tesco's will use for any future structure changes should they happen.
« Last Edit: 08-12-18, 05:21AM by zebot1976 »

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 08-12-18, 05:47AM »
Why start a thread that makes people speculate, spread rumours and make others panic about their jobs?agree

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 08-12-18, 07:13AM »
I think the people who don't like the reality of working in retail should go. I really don't understand how anyone can get away with not working weekends. It is the busiest time of the week and added pressure on the colleague who are working due to shifts not being filled.
I also remember when the Extra I worked in opened Boxing Day for the first time. Colleagues made such a fuss about working, I do agree with that btw, but the colleagues who made the fuss and refused to work were the ones in shopping. If you don't agree with the store being open Boxing Day you should not be shopping.
I tend to think the same about weekends. If you are able to get away without working you should not then be shopping. If weekends are for family time, spend e time with your families and don't come shopping.

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #5 on: 08-12-18, 10:12AM »
They'll never stop with the next lot of cuts or reductions in hours/jobs. The company isn't the cash cow Juggernaut it used to be

It will stop when there is 1 person per store left, flexed up to working a continual 24/7 as its a needs of the business request..

VladPutin

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 08-12-18, 01:35PM »
If there is a no deal Brexit which apparently will threaten the economy in the UK, then this will be the excuse Tesco's will use for any future structure changes should they happen.

Hopefully a No Deal Brexit will cause massive riots that destroy the entire democratic structure of the UK. Protesters, driven made with fear and anger, will storm Parliament, killing any police officer who tries to stop them and hanging every politician they can find from the nearest lamp post. Democracy will be treated as a failed experiment and the UK will become a Fascist dictatorship.

And I can get a new job with the Secret Police >:D

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 08-12-18, 01:51PM »

I think the people who don't like the reality of working in retail should go. I really don't understand how anyone can get away with not working weekends. It is the busiest time of the week and added pressure on the colleague who are working due to shifts not being filled.
I also remember when the Extra I worked in opened Boxing Day for the first time. Colleagues made such a fuss about working, I do agree with that btw, but the colleagues who made the fuss and refused to work were the ones in shopping. If you don't agree with the store being open Boxing Day you should not be shopping.
I tend to think the same about weekends. If you are able to get away without working you should not then be shopping. If weekends are for family time, spend e time with your families and don't come shopping.

First off I don't work weekends, that is what was arranged in the last RHRP....our department was over at weekends due to colleagues contracted to weekends to fit into their family committments....unsure on how my not working a weekend is putting pressure on other colleagues as shifts are not being filled?? Surely overtime is still voluntary and not compulsory, if shifts aren't filled then the department is either running under hours, or not giving overtime to cover long term sick or holidays, as should be the case.

My weekends are to do with as I please....as is Boxing Day....I too refuse to work, and if everyone refused then they couldn't open the stores....but there's always those that have tunnel vision and don't see how it erodes their future contracts, as at this moment in time everyone's contract states that NO colleagues have to work Xmas day, Boxing Day or New Year's Day, that also includes the flexi contract colleagues.

So if, by your logic, people who have weekends off shouldn't be shopping, then there would be no need to open stores at weekends would there  :o

Sunday's are now deemed to be the busiest trading day, and yet they have only one manager running the show, and less colleagues in?? Perhaps something to do with paying the time and a quarter premium...which is why that has been eroded in the last few years :-X
« Last Edit: 08-12-18, 02:05PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 08-12-18, 02:47PM »
I think the people who don't like the reality of working in retail should go. I really don't understand how anyone can get away with not working weekends.
Send that quote to Head Office, the SD's, OD's and Group Teams and see what they think. After all, we're all 'One Team' in retail aren't we?

stackintheshelves

« Reply #9 on: 08-12-18, 07:46PM »

First off I don't work weekends, that is what was arranged in the last RHRP....our department was over at weekends due to colleagues contracted to weekends to fit into their family committments....unsure on how my not working a weekend is putting pressure on other colleagues as shifts are not being filled?? Surely overtime is still voluntary and not compulsory, if shifts aren't filled then the department is either running under hours, or not giving overtime to cover long term sick or holidays, as should be the case.

My weekends are to do with as I please....as is Boxing Day....I too refuse to work, and if everyone refused then they couldn't open the stores....but there's always those that have tunnel vision and don't see how it erodes their future contracts, as at this moment in time everyone's contract states that NO colleagues have to work Xmas day, Boxing Day or New Year's Day, that also includes the flexi contract colleagues.

So if, by your logic, people who have weekends off shouldn't be shopping, then there would be no need to open stores at weekends would there  :o

Sunday's are now deemed to be the busiest trading day, and yet they have only one manager running the show, and less colleagues in?? Perhaps something to do with paying the time and a quarter premium...which is why that has been eroded in the last few years :-X

lucego, i think what the poster is getting at is those who flat out refuse to work weekends, citing 'childcare' despite the fact their children are grown up and moved out.

i worked with a few when i was at tosco, and i'm sure every store has one

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #10 on: 09-12-18, 10:42AM »

lucego, i think what the poster is getting at is those who flat out refuse to work weekends, citing 'childcare' despite the fact their children are grown up and moved out.

i worked with a few when i was at tosco, and i'm sure every store has one
we had one,she said she had childcare issues yet he was 18.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #11 on: 09-12-18, 11:08AM »
we had a cashier who couldn't work weekends because her husband wouldn't let her!(they had no kids)

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 09-12-18, 02:10PM »
I heard rumours of senior team going 🤔

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #13 on: 09-12-18, 04:17PM »
3 posts deleted, double discount topic here http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=16040.100

Starting new topics: VLH Supporter Benefits
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #14 on: 09-12-18, 08:17PM »
I heard rumours of senior team going 🤔
. Can't see that happening,who will work toilet rolls and cereals.?

Jambo1874

« Reply #15 on: 10-12-18, 09:40AM »
 ;D

Global Moderator Comment Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #16 on: 10-12-18, 06:26PM »
There’s always rumours...they need to sort out these soft changes and just get rid of the jobs instead of waiting for them just to leave....

Our store shouldn’t have a part time services manager, yet it’s a soft launch so we still have one, stores bigger have counters/bakery combined and fresh and produce, so that’s coming at some point.

One thing that has changed, managers know they're just at risk as anyone else, so sickness has increased and less working for free, have seen this in most stores I’ve been in recently.

Cut in senior team heard that and again seen it, we still have night seniors in some stores while others have none on days except a store manager, there’s too much inconsistency, one extra on the group has 4 day lead team and 2 night seniors yet the shop is no better than the twilight stores it has as it’s neighbours.

If there’s another shake up it needs to be across the board.,.
« Last Edit: 10-12-18, 06:28PM by trolleyboy96 »

BahBlah

« Reply #17 on: 11-12-18, 07:57PM »
Can admins just close this thread  Contains no facts and therefore no use to anybody.

Global Moderator Comment Thread being monitored, however we all have to decide is what we read fact, fiction or opinion. Nomad.

Mystery81

« Reply #18 on: 11-12-18, 11:03PM »
What's happening to GM lead managers as have noticed GM sales now report under fresh foods.

m360

• Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 12-12-18, 08:11AM »
Sales reporting changes nothing to do with any structure change.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #20 on: 12-12-18, 04:19PM »
What are if any then the structure changes for 2019.

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #21 on: 13-12-18, 12:59AM »
Can admins just close this thread  Contains no facts and therefore no use to anybody.
Global Moderator Comment Thread being monitored, however we all have to decide is what we read fact, fiction or opinion. Nomad.

It's never fact until consultation starts, can only be speculation until then. I have learned of my job going on here in advance of it actually happening. Was only speculation but gave me time to plan and think.

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
« Reply #22 on: 13-12-18, 12:48PM »

Thread being monitored, however we all have to decide is what we read fact, fiction or opinion. Nomad.

It's never fact until consultation starts, can only be speculation until then. I have learned of my job going on here in advance of it actually happening. Was only speculation but gave me time to plan and think.

Agree 100%, if there are potential job losses or redundancies and you are either about to make a massive purchase or moving house, then the rumours could be enough for you to hang fire and wait.

This is exactly what happened in my old store, 2 team leaders were on the verge of moving house, when they heard what had been leaked luckily they stopped.....

m360

• Regular Pain
« Reply #23 on: 13-12-18, 07:57PM »
There’s a massive difference between a pilot going on somewhere else in the country (TLs, PMs Compliance) and someone from that pilot area reporting on it, to people just making stuff up.

If you didn’t go for that mortgage on the basis that someone had made up a rumour and put it on here, you’d be right to feel aggrieved.

I let people know about the PM, CM and CEM changes because it was actually happening and I wanted to give people time to plan their lives.

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
« Reply #24 on: 14-12-18, 12:00PM »
There is a massive difference between a pilot going on somewhere else in the country (TLs, PMs Compliance) and someone from that pilot area reporting on it, to people just making stuff up.

If you didn't go for that mortgage on the basis that someone had made up a rumour and put it on here, you'd be right to feel aggrieved.

I let people know about the PM, CM and CEM changes because it was actually happening and I wanted to give people time to plan their lives.

Unfortunately with the confidentiality agreements that were signed at the time, no SM or Pm could give any warning to the team leader staff that they were potentially going to be made redundant.

Scarmongering is really a bad thing, but how the company keep the staff effected in the dark for so long is unnecessary and not in the interest of any employee.

Yes, if you decided not to purchase a new house due to speculation then there is always the option further down the line to reopen the opportunity to move at a future date.

If you however had decided to move and then are made redundant, you could potentially end up homeless.

This wasn't speculation, this happened in my old store, luckily the leak gave them both the chance to reevaluate whether moving at the time was the right thing to do.

Both ended up leaving the company.....