Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15-10-19, 10:22PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61620
  • Total Topics: 1082
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes  (Read 850443 times)

msl1791

• Regular Pain
Re: 2019 Structure Changes
« Reply #4250 on: 12-05-19, 08:59PM »
Any thoughts on which will be the next departments to be targeted?
I don’t think they’ve finished with stock control yet my manager told me there’s something in the  pipeline for overstocks and she also said all managers are to be trained to be consultation managers.This was from a zoom conference call apparently.Don’t get too comfy folks.

Stop trying to scaremonger.  Maybe true, maybe not, but consider how people feel at the moment
Just saying what I’ve been told cheers,and I’ve lost some bloody good friends so don’t bother taking any moral high ground.

We have all lost good friends and work colleagues with years of experience. Rumours and being told by one person  doesn't make a right. All hear say. We are all in this together remember

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4251 on: 12-05-19, 10:21PM »
Awwww thanks yeah all in it together,what politician said that.

T2019sackallmanagers

« Reply #4252 on: 12-05-19, 11:32PM »
i retired 2 years ago. on my last day the only comment i got from the store manager was i thought you had already gone says it all.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4253 on: 12-05-19, 11:48PM »
I left on Wednesday, my manager couldn't be bothered to come in to even say good luck with your new ventures. I haven't seen my store manager since before Christmas!! I'm disappointed with the lack of empathy shown in my store, I've been there over 20 years and left that shop feeling completely deflated.
Thankfully I've found myself a new job in a company that puts its staff first. I'm no longer just a number!!
20 years and they didn't come see you? Mind if I ask what company you have gone to?

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4254 on: 12-05-19, 11:58PM »
Yes they can NightandDay, there are still lots of unproductive areas in the store, plus still too many management positions for the little amount of routines needed to be done!

It's literally SM, Shift leaders and ca's, there's only 1 part time SC in all Expresses and 1 part time admin, they literally can't strip any of those roles out, Express is barebones as it is.

jackwills

« Reply #4255 on: 13-05-19, 06:15AM »
Madness, I've got a job at a local doctors surgery.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #4256 on: 13-05-19, 08:10AM »
What annoys me most about this is watching certain members of staff being cuddled kissed having their hands shaken being given flowers and presents or a collection being touted around the whole store while others who have done just as good a job but were not part of the 'in crowd' who talk very loud and sit on the managers table in the restbite all but ignored on their last day.

I sincerely hope that I am not long to be getting made redundant this company is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Unsure worker

« Reply #4257 on: 13-05-19, 08:32AM »
It has been a horrible few weeks, morale is at an all time low and surprise surprise the managers don't care. Not sure I can stand it much longer, I was asked if I wanted overtime this week to stand by the closed counters and explain to customers why they are not open, I assured them they really would not want me doing that as it would not go well.

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #4258 on: 13-05-19, 10:15AM »
Considering the amount of re-structuring that has taken place recently, I would not advise anybody to get to 'comfortable' in their present employment.

Unless you work in Express, they can't streamline it any further.
...but you said ‘unless you work I express’ I was referring to other formats and agreeing with your point!

Lost in translation I think!

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #4259 on: 13-05-19, 10:17AM »
@forrestgimp, hate to say this as I think you are already, but, welcome to the real world  :D
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #4260 on: 13-05-19, 02:26PM »
Are we able to discuss new Stock Control here or can we have a new discussion opened for us to talk about how we’re getting on? Todays been a bit of a disaster for us.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4261 on: 13-05-19, 03:05PM »
Drastic Dave said in a statement that they would concentrate on the food part of the business. Since we've had a lack of staff. Back Stock and Top Shelf are left unworked, facing is left and due to late/mixed deliverys it is impossable to deliver the store. Instores are through the roof and the few staff left most are wanting to leave and going sick.

world of their own

« Reply #4262 on: 13-05-19, 03:19PM »
i've read a number of posts on here that certain managers & store managers were not present on redundancy day.
Same in my store.

That in itself is truly shocking but not surprising.
« Last Edit: 13-05-19, 03:20PM by world of their own »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4263 on: 13-05-19, 03:45PM »
Considering the amount of re-structuring that has taken place recently, I would not advise anybody to get to 'comfortable' in their present employment.

Unless you work in Express, they can't streamline it any further.
...but you said ‘unless you work I express’ I was referring to other formats and agreeing with your point!

Lost in translation I think!

Ahh apologies. Yes a case lof lost in translation, Superstore formats can be streamlined further, Express not so much as any structure changes will definitely impact quality of service, they can't do anything with regards to stripping out members of staff. I've heard rumours that following the halving of group SOM's (redundancy to half the group operation managers meaning 1 operation manager now has to cover roughly twice the area and roughly twice as many stores.) They were toying with the idea of replacing the Store Manager role with a cluster manager role, apparantly they would be paid between £5-£10k a year more to cover 2-3 stores. This will definitely impact quality of service and drive up staff turnover rates. (All of this is about Express stores, not other formats).
« Last Edit: 13-05-19, 03:46PM by NightAndDay »

DrEdDy

« Reply #4264 on: 13-05-19, 04:31PM »
Since I finished at tossco, I've done my major weekly shop at Morrison's, my household spent on average £5-600 a month, I now have no reason to inflate Drastic Daves wallet.  I wonder how much they'll lose if all redundant staff switched allegiances.

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4265 on: 13-05-19, 04:41PM »
Wife went shopping Saturday and all Sainsbury's labels in the cupboard now...lol....my last day was last Thursday.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #4266 on: 13-05-19, 04:45PM »
Might sound good but in the long run will only put more of your colleagues out of work. It may well have been people like you that started the process of redundancies this time.

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4267 on: 13-05-19, 04:52PM »
I gave them 27 years loyalty and they had the choice to keep me or get rid of me.  Now I have the freedom of Choice to where I shop.

To be fair if the colleagues discount card was given to me for life as part of the redundancy package, I still would've shopped at Tesco.

DrEdDy

« Reply #4268 on: 13-05-19, 05:16PM »
Might sound good but in the long run will only put more of your colleagues out of work. It may well have been people like you that started the process of redundancies this time.

hahahaha I shopped with tossco as it was worth it with discount, now I don't have discount Morrison's works out cheaper.

Sorry everybody, I made you redundant.

Samantha

« Reply #4269 on: 13-05-19, 05:36PM »
Just wondering how affected counters are getting on, on things like keeping up with grab and go products considering the part time close and part time open.

Noway20

« Reply #4270 on: 13-05-19, 10:58PM »
How is everyone finding the new stock control routines. I have been given way too much to do i.e  counts 12-1,Date rotation 1-2, gaps, produce lows between 2-5 and prs 5-9 and bakery counts. It’s genuinely so difficult and it’s only me till 5 till others come in. Feel like this has not been trialed properly and we have lost so many good staff

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4271 on: 14-05-19, 04:34AM »
Just do what u can do don’t stress leave it to the so called managers if u can’t get it done.

takethemoneyandrun

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #4272 on: 14-05-19, 08:19AM »
What annoys me most about this is watching certain members of staff being cuddled kissed having their hands shaken being given flowers and presents or a collection being touted around the whole store while others who have done just as good a job but were not part of the 'in crowd' who talk very loud and sit on the managers table in the restbite all but ignored on their last day.

I sincerely hope that I am not long to be getting made redundant this company is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

That's how the majority feel hun I cant wait to go...been with them nearly 23years and it disgusts me the way this company has gone.. >:D

sadoldman

« Reply #4273 on: 14-05-19, 08:17PM »
so what department  will be next in line i recon  bakery will be  next   for the chop

DrEdDy

« Reply #4274 on: 14-05-19, 08:45PM »
Oh no, Dickhe4d Dave has only got £4.6m to live on this year, he's had to have a little paycut from the £5.3m he got last year, my heart bleeds.