Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-04-19, 09:10AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 56377
  • Total Topics: 1000
  • Online Today: 128
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes  (Read 560051 times)

ReliantSkydiver

Re: 2019 Structure Changes
« Reply #3825 on: 15-04-19, 01:49PM »
I still have some free shares I have been awarded over the years, some are now tax free and some are conditional to tax. Do I have to sell before I leave through redundancy or are they mine to keep until they are tax free? The share price isn’t too bad at the minute really.

I’m quite sure that all locked in or conditional shares are released tax free in a redundancy situation. Equiniti will write to you after you leave.
« Last Edit: 15-04-19, 01:51PM by ReliantSkydiver »

Confused.com

« Reply #3826 on: 15-04-19, 02:00PM »
Confused.com nightshift rates are £2.21 per hour for hours worked between midnight and 6am, and you get an additional £1.50 if those hours include 10pm-midnight. (They do take night premium off for your unpaid break though).

Sunday Premium is 1.25x pay (£10.53) per hour

For Sunday premium working nights you'll get paid sunday premium between sunday midnight - sunday 23:59 (so you'll recieve the majority of your sunday premium on the saturday night shift).
nght prem is 2.21 from 10 till 6 but your breaks are taken out of this and sunday prem is time and   quarter

Thanks for this

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3827 on: 15-04-19, 02:28PM »
I still have some free shares I have been awarded over the years, some are now tax free and some are conditional to tax. Do I have to sell before I leave through redundancy or are they mine to keep until they are tax free? The share price isn’t too bad at the minute really.

I’m quite sure that all locked in or conditional shares are released tax free in a redundancy situation. Equiniti will write to you after you leave.
I'm in the same situation. I've sent them a email to find out what the options are.
Watch this space.

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3828 on: 15-04-19, 02:44PM »
Just got email back from tesco benefits....good news, conditional and locked shares will be released to you without any taxes to pay.
Equiti will write to you within six weeks after redundancy.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #3829 on: 15-04-19, 02:51PM »
Just a word of caution though......if it's possible you may be needing tax credits or some kind of means tested benefits for the foreseeable future, I would think to leave the shares where they are until you have secured another position....less money in the bank  ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #3830 on: 15-04-19, 04:21PM »
Ignore the above... 8-) just checked and un cashed shares count in means testing :-X

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #3831 on: 15-04-19, 04:26PM »
Lucego.   In my store 3 colleagues past retirement age actually stated they would take redundancy to make room for younger staff, thankfully management actually listened.  That leaves 3 staff desperate for their job now able to breathe again

Are you able to PM me with the number or store location you work in?? I have spoken to the consultation manager today who has stated categorically that post retirement colleagues cannot offer, nor be accepted for voluntary redundancy.

The gauntlet was thrown down today for me to either " put up or shut up"  :o

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #3832 on: 15-04-19, 05:00PM »
If they have told us the intend to retire they get nothing, if they are past retirement date and haven’t told us they wish to retire they get redundancy.

Admittedly I told the 3 affected not to mention or tell me anything about retirement....why should they miss out on redundancy.

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3833 on: 15-04-19, 05:32PM »
If they have told us the intend to retire they get nothing, if they are past retirement date and haven’t told us they wish to retire they get redundancy.

Admittedly I told the 3 affected not to mention or tell me anything about retirement....why should they miss out on redundancy.
well done...you seem like a very decent chap indeed.

Delphoz

« Reply #3834 on: 15-04-19, 05:53PM »
I'm a S/C GA and Ive been job matched a new role on my department with new day time hours (Was working twilight shifts). I'm happy about this but i'm losing out on hours on the Sunday where I was originaly doing 8 which has now decreased to 4. I've worked out i'll be losing around £150 a month. Would payment protection cover this or are there any amendments they can make new my new contract hours to make up for the loss of pay at the end of each month?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #3835 on: 15-04-19, 06:06PM »

Hats off to you my friend  :thumbup:

Couple of points before I go tittle tattling tomorrow.....

If a colleague is the new retirement age of 66, but in receipt of state pension as their birth date meant retirement at 64...would that be classed as redundancy option??

Does the redundancy package get reduced if many years past retirement age....similar to the death in service reduction?? Or are they classed the same with regard 1.5 weeks past age of 41??
« Last Edit: 15-04-19, 06:08PM by lucgeo »

Viva La Revolution

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3836 on: 15-04-19, 06:08PM »
Hi, I'm sure, nightshift premium is £2.21 for hours worked between midnight and 6am. That's it. The premium for hours worked between 10pm and midnight was removed about 3 or 4 years ago. We got a 3.16% payrise that year but after the removal of the £1.50 40pm to midnight premium some of us got a small payout because we ended up worse off!!!!!!!!

NightAndDay

« Reply #3837 on: 15-04-19, 06:23PM »
Viva, they replaced the £1.50 an hour between 10pm-12pm with a single £1.50 payment (not per hour as it was previously) if you work 10pm-6am.

I think they may have increased it to £2.21 for working 10pm-midnight (a single payment, not for both hours) but it's at least a single payment of £1.50.

Gooner83

« Reply #3838 on: 15-04-19, 07:51PM »
Hi, I’m stock control and been job matched but really unhappy with my new hours as my childcare circumstances have changed and I’m no longer able to commit to the hours in my availability form. Yes they are in my availability and I know if I decline them then I’ll be effectively handing in my notice. My question is, if I decline them do I finish on May 11th? Do I lose my bonus? This whole thing has been awful and I just don’t know what to do. My manager says I can’t change the offered hours. I’d be grateful for any information, thank you!

Just found this
Availability
Q: Can someone change their availability once they have been job matched?
A: As a general rule no they can’t, as long as we can be sure they were really clear what their
availability form meant in terms of job matching. Colleagues should be signposted to the
wording on their availability form which reads “Please be aware that the availability you
provide will be used as part of the selection criteria during the consultation process”.
If there is an exceptional circumstance that has a resulted in a change to their availability (for
example, a personal situation such as they have become a carer), we would review this on an
individual basis. If they are no longer able to do the role they have been job matched to, we
would look at other hours available on the department. We would not give them hours that
another colleague has been moved into, even if that colleague scored lower than them.
Ultimately, if we are unable to offer them hours that match their availability, they will be at
risk of redundancy.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #3839 on: 15-04-19, 09:19PM »

Hats off to you my friend  :thumbup:

Couple of points before I go tittle tattling tomorrow.....

If a colleague is the new retirement age of 66, but in receipt of state pension as their birth date meant retirement at 64...would that be classed as redundancy option??

Does the redundancy package get reduced if many years past retirement age....similar to the death in service reduction?? Or are they classed the same with regard 1.5 weeks past age of 41??

I have to admit, I don’t know, I didn’t look into it that much, the colleagues seemed happy with there payout and there meetings were short as it’s deli and the store has no vacancies and none of them were interested in taking a job elsewhere, all we covered was pension contacts numbers, for when they where ready to retire. I’m guessing they are taking a state pension as in the past they haven’t received sick pay. I haven’t got my Q&A to check as it’s locked away at work but your usdaw rep should have the same pack I have.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #3840 on: 15-04-19, 09:22PM »
The old redundancy guide doesn’t show any decrease, but they may be taxed on the ASP if over 55 as the tax office expects them to retire.

winnie101

« Reply #3841 on: 16-04-19, 12:51AM »
@jeff2102

Bank holidays haven’t worked that way for years, you work you get paid. You then if you have the entitlement have a bank holiday day you can use else where.

If your full time 5 days a week you get 8 bank holiday days over the year. We worked out potentially you will only earn one bank hol day during the new holiday period maybe 2 at a push. So if you work them you get the earned bank holiday back, if you take all 3 off possibly you would owe some time back to Tesco.
I checked back at May's payslip from last year  1BH & 3annual earned! More than I expected do you think this right! Checked April 18 & all had been used so none carried over! I have Easter booked off!

wizard

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3842 on: 16-04-19, 05:45AM »
Been told by manager of applying for a vacant job as I haven’t been job matched there’s 4 questions they ask , does anyone have idea what they are or if this is correct ?

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #3843 on: 16-04-19, 08:24AM »
I'm confused , an "at risk" colleague was given a list of jobs they could apply for , all within probably a 70 mile radius . He showed me the list and one of the jobs was 2 night 10pm-7am on f&f ! I thought all f&f nights were  being removed ??

Db0622

« Reply #3844 on: 16-04-19, 08:28AM »
Just got email back from tesco benefits....good news, conditional and locked shares will be released to you without any taxes to pay.
So are you recommending I don’t sell any of my tax free/conditional ones and they should offer me them all tax free?

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #3845 on: 16-04-19, 09:20AM »
Welshie, we are not losing our night f+f, maybe only certain stores?

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #3846 on: 16-04-19, 09:31AM »
Thanks stinkypoo , I thought they were all going .

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #3847 on: 16-04-19, 10:49AM »
I am at my wits end I am single I currently work on stock control the maximum hours on the jeat map is 25 I can barely survive on my 36.5 hours redundancy isnt an option I need to work .
They said we could work over 2 departments yet all vacancies overlap
What rights do we have???

You have been offered a drop in hours and a protective pay for two years, given the option of making up hours on another dept, which is unfortunately not an option for you as the roles overlap, or take redundancy, those are basically your rights. If one of the other positions only minimally overlap, you could try to negotiate some flexibility between the two roles, by tweaking the start/ finish times of either role. Speak to your rep and the consultation manager about this.....bear in mind though, that all available vacant positions are in a pool, and every interested party applying are interviewed, so if someone else accepts the other vacancy on the stated hours it won't be available. If no one else shows an interest, then they may be amiable to the adjustment in your favour. But certainly don't hesitate in asking, you don't have to wait until your next formal meeting to enquire either.

This is what really irks me, and I make no apologies beforehand if I am deemed to be non PC. In my store, as I would imagine in a lot of stores, we have job blockers. Colleagues past their retirement age on full time or long hour permanent contracts. They are in receipt of their state pension, some are also drawing a private pension from former employers, on top of that, some are drawing their Tesco pension. The long timers with Tesco also receive the first 3 day sick pay. Surely they could have been offered, as a one off special case,  a voluntary redundancy package should they have wanted it, if only to release the hours for younger staff, and Tesco would be rid of the 3 day sick pay, which to some younger colleagues is their contracted week.
I detect a little ageism here. Recently I, with many other long service workers, lost quite a few hard-earned benefits so the company could bolster the pay of youngsters joining Tesco.I don't recall that happening when I joined Tesco 46+ years ago. Although I do agree that people past their pension age perhaps should only be employed on shorter hour contracts, until the law is changed I can't see that happening.
Fortunately for me, I have just been made surplus to requirements and have selected for redundancy. With only 2 years to go it is a little bit like early retirement for me and I certainly have no desire to re-apply in 12 months time. Some people may have no option but to work on past retirement.

Doggiedoodle

« Reply #3848 on: 16-04-19, 11:41AM »
Welshie, we are not losing our night f+f, maybe only certain stores?
We are not losing f&f nights in our store either!!  :(

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3849 on: 16-04-19, 12:43PM »
So are you recommending I don’t sell any of my tax free/conditional ones and they should offer me them all tax free?
you can sell your tax free ones now but wait until the conditional and locked in shares become tax free....I take it you are to become redundant?