Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-09-19, 11:18PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60873
  • Total Topics: 1071
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Leavers pay.  (Read 10316 times)

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
Re: Leavers pay.
« Reply #25 on: 26-07-18, 08:17AM »
I can't remember the way a leavers pay is processed but I do know it's different, I think it's basic pay first and any holiday pay etc is about a wk later. I'm not 100% on this but if you still have access to the online site there is a full guide to help you.

tarzanboyo

« Reply #26 on: 26-07-18, 08:58AM »
The guide seems to suggest it's all paid at once. I would just contact them but I have no number and it costs about £2.5 a minute haha, Tesco really are a terrible company if you need to contact anyone from the staffs perspective.

I think it used to work like that so maybe I'll hang on til Tuesday and see if anything else has been paid !

angrybeaver

« Reply #27 on: 27-07-18, 02:11PM »
My last day is Sunday, assume anything such as shares sold just after the cut off would arrive with me on 24th August as a standard payment?

bobby:):):)

« Reply #28 on: 25-07-19, 12:24PM »
Global Moderator Comment Moved here.

I have left Tesco and my pay is wrong according to me. Tesco are trying to say that we are pid basic pay right upto payday? Surely they don’t pay you for week advance because
You might not in.

I was always understood what I worked from
Thursday last cut off date until Thursday cut off date that’s what I got pid.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #29 on: 25-07-19, 01:00PM »
Basic pay is paid up to the Saturday after pay day , cut off for overtime is the Thursday of the week before pay day , sorry but they are telling you the truth .

« Reply #30 on: 25-07-19, 04:51PM »
So if they pay us upto Saturday payday surely that’s wrong because they would pay me and I could not turn up sick or awol. So my basic pay was different last month so surely it’s wrong somewhere.

« Reply #31 on: 25-07-19, 04:54PM »
Where would I find the pay policy

minion

« Reply #32 on: 25-07-19, 05:47PM »
they do pay you one day in advance, if you dont turn up for the saturday shift that will fall into the abs and ot cut off and you will be unpaid the following months pay.
payroll runs on 2 different pay cut offs ie,
30.6.19 to 27.7.19 basic
21.6.19 to 18.7.19 abs and ot

hope that helps

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #33 on: 25-07-19, 07:20PM »
Your basic would be less this month if you have left before this Saturday!

« Reply #34 on: 25-07-19, 07:21PM »
when you log on to this site, look to the right hand side under Happy Days, Pay Day tomorrow. Click on the Pay Dates link. it tells you on there what the pay dates and cut-off dates are. Read the top 2 sentences.
« Last Edit: 25-07-19, 07:23PM by 80377494 »

T

« Reply #35 on: 25-07-19, 07:39PM »
I am leaving T when the sick pay runs out. Have already started new job. Just going to walk out on them one busy shift. If they call to arrange a meeting I will just keep rearranging and telling them to make sure I get my full sickness entitlement. They've screwed me over so many times they can do my work. Hope the Frozen ice creams are busy tonight for them.  >:D

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #36 on: 25-07-19, 08:09PM »
Sickness "entitlement"  you are part of the problem with society.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #37 on: 25-07-19, 08:21PM »
I'd say it's part and parcel, I'd have done the same thing to be fair. Gouge as much money out of DL's bonus as you can I say. They treat the lower rung staff the way they do with these austerity like pay reviews, they deserve it.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #38 on: 25-07-19, 11:46PM »
The problem there is , you've started your new job ,  your paying NI and tax on that while Tesco pay you sick pay , part of that pay is statutory sick pay, which is paid by the same office that you're paying your NI and tax to . Let's hope that office is as incompetent as you think because you're actually committing benefit fraud but hey as long as you think you're getting one over on Tesco why worry !!!!

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 26-07-19, 05:43AM »
Oops think the Shiites may now need to be added to T's sicknote  8-)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #40 on: 26-07-19, 10:42AM »
The problem there is , you've started your new job ,  your paying NI and tax on that while Tesco pay you sick pay , part of that pay is statutory sick pay, which is paid by the same office that you're paying your NI and tax to . Let's hope that office is as incompetent as you think because you're actually committing benefit fraud but hey as long as you think you're getting one over on Tesco why worry !!!!

You can be off sick and receive sick pay from one job and work at the other as normal, it depends on why you're sick and if it prevents you from working at your job.

T

« Reply #41 on: 26-07-19, 10:51AM »
Thanks nightandday. The reason for my sickness is the stress caused by the management due to incompetence.

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #42 on: 26-07-19, 02:23PM »
How did you come to that conclusion?

T

« Reply #43 on: 26-07-19, 02:56PM »
They can't even get the shop in a fit state for trading on a Thursday and Friday morning. Jokers the lot of them.  Couldn't run a bath. Walk in at 9am when the night shift have gone and cages lying un-worked about the shop floor. In stores through the roof.
« Last Edit: 26-07-19, 05:28PM by Nomad »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #44 on: 26-07-19, 02:56PM »
https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/weekly-dilemma-employees-working-elsewhere-during-sick-leave/

In short, if your sickness is at risk of being exacerbated by performing your duties at work or enduring your work environment at one job but not the other, then you can indeed claim sick pay by the company your off sick from while working your other job provided it doesn't entail similar responsibilities (this is also if your contract doesn't state that you can work elsewhere or that they haven't given you an alternative role to accomodate your illness) or stresses that you're off from the other job for (that it doesn't conflict with your sick note.)
« Last Edit: 26-07-19, 03:02PM by NightAndDay »

T

« Reply #45 on: 26-07-19, 03:00PM »
 :thumbup: nightandday

Not found any other organisation yet who treat the small people as bad.

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #46 on: 27-07-19, 06:03AM »
So if they pay us upto Saturday payday surely that’s wrong because they would pay me and I could not turn up sick or awol. So my basic pay was different last month so surely it’s wrong somewhere.

Bobby most employers are like this for eg monthly paid workers can be paid up to 3 days before end of the month depending on when last day of month is and still be paid to end of month even though getting paid early. Not sure why you think it’s wrong every company I have worked for has been the same.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #47 on: 27-07-19, 11:22PM »
Well I will stand corrected on the benefit fraud but it's funny how it quickly went from , I'm getting my sickness entitlement and walking out on a busy shift to oh dear I'm stressed .
Everyone has been screwed over , every department is short staffed , that's why nightshift cages left unworked . If you've got another job that's great but do you really think walking out on a busy shift screws your managers over ? It doesn't,  it just leaves your other stressed ga colleagues even more in the sh#t .

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #48 on: 27-07-19, 11:25PM »
@bobby:) :):)
I think the problem really is that staff never have their pay periods or payslip explained properly.  I'm shocked at the amount of colleagues who dont understand pay issues .