Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-04-19, 01:32PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 56448
  • Total Topics: 1001
  • Online Today: 103
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Personnel file  (Read 5758 times)

balthazar

• VLH Supporter
Personnel file
« on: 28-11-18, 12:08PM »
What parts of our personnel file are we allowed to view or have copies of and how would someone go about requesting it?

Re: Personnel file
« Reply #1 on: 28-11-18, 12:48PM »
All the information regarding this can be found on OurTesco. Click on working at tesco, people policies, staying legal, colleague records

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 28-11-18, 05:43PM »
All of it, I believe, it's your personnel file so you can view at any time.
As for copying, maybe not. Data protection might get in the way

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #3 on: 28-11-18, 06:20PM »
IIRC the rules either have just changed or are about to. Now you used to pay a tenner for the admin costs and you got a full copy of your file on record with anyone elses personal info redacted they had again iirc 30 days to get it to you. I believe the fee is being abolished (it may already have been) so just put it in writing pay them a tenner and you get all your file.

Dkdiablo

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #4 on: 29-11-18, 03:13AM »
As a matter of interest. You can also request any video that they may hold of you from CCTV records.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 29-11-18, 10:05AM »
Thats true in so far as they would have to be investigating you to have any, also they would have had to burn the footage to dvd or other storage media because footage is only stored for 30 days and then wiped.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 29-11-18, 10:15AM »
Dont forget under Data Protection rules Cctv footage of you can only be recorded if it's for the prevention of crime.

So for example it can exist to detect  till shorts, but not to show you left store for a fag break.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 29-11-18, 08:01PM »
Not quite.  It depends what the Data Protection registration includes as to what it is to be used for.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 30-11-18, 12:36AM »
Tesco can use cctv for performance management and to provide evidence in disciplinary and grievance investigations.  This became policy when the general data protection regulations came into force earlier this year.  Updated signs were sent to stores to be put into staff areas informing everyone of this.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Useless

« Reply #9 on: 30-11-18, 12:46AM »
It's performance monitoring. Example the back door check-in bread or deliverys can be watched to see if your meeting the required times.

The hub to my knowledge have had two back door men reprimanded for not confirming to company policy around checking times.

So it is being used for performance monitoring.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 02-12-18, 01:22PM »
Tesco can use cctv for performance management and to provide evidence in disciplinary and grievance investigations.  This became policy when the general data protection regulations came into force earlier this year.  Updated signs were sent to stores to be put into staff areas informing everyone of this.

Thats not what the all new and improved security and cctc training manual states, Checking for people going for a fag or a crafty extra 5 mins break is in the strictly not allowed column.

I will take a photo of the page and post it when I have a chance.

Shamalama

• Yep i did it and i'm proud i tell ya!!
« Reply #11 on: 02-12-18, 06:28PM »
request it in writing they have to give you a copy and its free,do this in your store
So long and thanks for all the fish!

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 03-12-18, 10:10AM »
Cool its already changed then, no more 10 quid fee :thumbup:

People princess

« Reply #13 on: 28-01-19, 08:03PM »
Dont forget under Data Protection rules Cctv footage of you can only be recorded if it's for the prevention of crime.

So for example it can exist to detect  till shorts, but not to show you left store for a fag break.

This is factually incorrect. There has to be a legitimate reason to view the data (footage). Taking additional breaks is misconduct and as such viewing the cctv would be deemed as acceptable

BasketMaster

« Reply #14 on: 02-02-19, 11:08PM »
Wrong. The full CCTV policy actually stipulates that:

Prohibited Uses of Surveillance Systems
Surveillance Systems must not be used for any purpose other than set out in section 4 above, this includes:
i. Randomly monitoring the performance or whereabouts of colleagues

Iron Giant

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #15 on: 02-02-19, 11:27PM »

If CCTV was used once suspicion of abusing breaks was aroused, would it cease to be random monitoring?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

BasketMaster

« Reply #16 on: 02-02-19, 11:31PM »
As far as I know, you're not allowed to monitor breaks with CCTV under any circumstances. It's a conduct issue and would have to be dealt with using the appropriate channels. This does not include CCTV.

Longinthetooth

« Reply #17 on: 03-02-19, 12:14AM »
Yes and no.
It’s not permissible to instruct the use of CCTV to detect something like breaks or productivity and actively monitor a colleague / visitor
If the footage exists by nature of the system (meaning in my shop the staff entrance camera that permanently records, (a fixed resource in cctv speak) also covers the canteen entrance, it’s permissable to review it

baldeagle

• Regular Pain
« Reply #18 on: 03-02-19, 09:44AM »
Under the Data Protection Act if the employer gives a reason for the cameras for example to prevent theft, the employer cannot then use the footage for another reason such as recording entry and exit of workers from the workplace.

Further information is available from the Information Commissioner's Office guidance In the picture: A data protection code of practice for surveillance cameras and personal information [PDF, 312kb]

BakerBum

« Reply #19 on: 03-02-19, 03:11PM »
Scenario: I was sneaking fags breaks for years, one Sunday, I have the silly feeling I was being watched by cams, as we had the old cams at the time I knew where they all were and their resting positions  :thumbup: so I was miffed when I saw them pointing at me and following and having resting positions where I would walk past lol

Also saw a plain clothes security who looked like he had just sucked on a lemon when I saw him in-store at 5am in a closed store lol as he was trying to get to cam office without me seeing him.

2 days later lead tm drags me into chat about my ciggy abuse, for a moment I hesitate and try to remember data protection, all the time I'm thinking they have cctv ,,, should I lie ?

I told truth and admitted and was told to stop with no trouble or wanting the cost of 40 mins a day for 5 days a week for the last 8 years lol oops.

Anyone I wasn't being paranoid as weeks later a security guard that was as dodgy as me told me I was being watched lol.
« Last Edit: 03-02-19, 03:13PM by BakerBum »

Redshoes

• Know All
« Reply #20 on: 04-02-19, 01:57AM »
If someone is abusing breaks why is it not theft, they are being paid and not working. They are stealing money they have not earned.

genome

• Know All
« Reply #21 on: 04-02-19, 07:31AM »

Surveillance Systems must not be used for any purpose other than set out in section 4 above, this includes:

You got a link to that? Is it on ourtesco?

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #23 on: 04-02-19, 01:41PM »

Well said my gender non specific mate, I get fed up of telling people the same thing.

BasketMaster

« Reply #24 on: 05-02-19, 12:19AM »

You got a link to that? Is it on ourtesco?

Yeah, of course mate. You'll find it on OurTesco under the UK CCTV policy. Here's the link...

https://www.ourtesco.com/working-at-tesco/people-policies/staying-legal/data-privacy/uk-cctv/