Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15-12-18, 11:50PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81727
  • Total Topics: 1708
  • Online Today: 137
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 69
Total: 73

Author Topic: Disciplinary process  (Read 5048 times)

Buddha

Re: Disciplinary process
« Reply #25 on: 28-11-18, 01:46PM »
glad that I know this now, didn't know before  :-X
" I want it in writing"

Iron Giant

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #26 on: 28-11-18, 06:35PM »
Though you can have your phone which can easily replace money and cards  ???. Having your cards on you is a little harder to justify though.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #27 on: 29-11-18, 10:18AM »
The policy is out of date with modern technology. You can't carry your cards but you can have your mobile with Apple Pay/Samsung Pay and Tesco Pay Apps as well as the Clubcard App - which can be used exactly the same as the physical cards.

Supafly_fish

« Reply #28 on: 05-12-18, 12:35PM »
In the mid July I reported to my line manager I was concerned a member off staff was helping them self to items from meat counter after witnessing them put items into a bag.

Unbeknown to me the member off staff mentioned is a very close friend off my manager,  and the information I had been giving was then to be disregarded. And a whole campaign to make my life hell. And to remove me from a job i love and enjoy. Regularly i would work 16hrs days 6 days a week sometimes doing 3 week stretches.

I opened and closed my fish counter. Always giving 100%. Offering customers the best service possible.  assisting and serving other counters. And departments from till. Grocery dot.com.  And most importantly retaining a excellent regular customer base.

On 4 separate times i approached the store assistant manager to ask for there help, and to tell them what's happening.  Each time being told they were unable to help me as I was seen more as a mate and it would be unfair for them to assist.

I have been taken off my fish counter and been advised to stay at Tesco I would have to take a demotion. And come off the fish counter. While the person that was stealing stays in their current position.

Is this normal for tesco?
Is it normal to be bullied in this manner?

Miss Piggy

• Know All
« Reply #29 on: 05-12-18, 01:49PM »
This is case of misjudgement with no malice intent or crime committed. Dismissal for this farce of an investigation is nothing short of a disgrace. Disect the notes and appeal the decision.

Supafly_fish

« Reply #30 on: 05-12-18, 02:20PM »
I am still waiting on notes, while being suspended.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 05-12-18, 03:51PM »
Suspended?? For what?? Your post does not mention any wrongdoing by you, or explain why you have been moved from your department and need to step down ??? ???

Obviously, you are unable to go into details, but have you been accused of misconduct??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

• Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #32 on: 05-12-18, 04:12PM »
16 hour days 6 days a week?

Supafly_fish

« Reply #33 on: 05-12-18, 07:27PM »
Suspended?? For what?? Your post does not mention any wrongdoing by you, or explain why you have been moved from your department and need to step down ??? ???

Obviously, you are unable to go into details, but have you been accused of misconduct??

In the meeting I was told i have not done anything wrong, in fact I am a very good fishmonger and hard working,
but my time up on counters was up, and if I want to stay at Tesco I would need to take the demotion.

My issue was when on shop floor various members of staff were asking why I'm no longer on the fish counter, I accidentally swore, in relation to the manager who offered me the demotion.
« Last Edit: 05-12-18, 07:32PM by Supaflycowb »

Supafly_fish

« Reply #34 on: 05-12-18, 07:30PM »
16 hour days 6 days a week?

In fact I did a whole 6 week stint with out a day off only to get a letter from HR to tell me they can't take money out for my pension as that would take me below the minimum pay threshold.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 05-12-18, 07:57PM »
What?? You're a fishmonger, I take it you're paid a skill payment?? So has the fishmonger position been made redundant?? Were you on a temporary position to cover e.g. Maternity?

If the position has been made redundant then you should be in consultation. You accidentally swore when being continually asked why you had been demoted?? That is not a suspension reason.....it was a knee jerk reaction to a question you have no answer to and pure frustration led you to resort to such a response....I honestly cannot get to grips with all this....do you have a rep?? Do you have the statement in writing that you have not done anything wrong?

A letter from HR to inform you they have not contributed to your pension so you will be in defecit?? Something is very wrong here ??? ???

Supafly_fish

« Reply #36 on: 05-12-18, 09:43PM »
I am the contracted trained store fishmonger, and have been for over 2 years.

My position had been advertised on indeed.com before any consultation with me and while I was still on fish, the position is still open and the counter under staffed.  I always have had a very profitable fish counter, there's no reason to take me off the fish counter or counters.

I have a rep but udsaw are not going to really help, until I loose my job and appeal the case.

It's very clear that the the management have made it quite hard for me to go back on the the fish counter, and the counter manager just will not rota me on, previous to the suspension.

my issue being i thought honest is the best policy, but its not

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 06-12-18, 04:33PM »
you should have turned a blind eye. it wasn't your problem. it's the company who are losing money by theft not you personally and as you found out you got no thanks from tosco, in fact the total opposite. if you get sacked go to a tribunal and take them to the f***ing cleaners >:(

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #38 on: 06-12-18, 05:44PM »
Is it me ??? Am I missing something here ??? You've been told you've done nothing wrong....in writing....I'm still not getting why you have been suspended?? Why your job has been advertised whilst you are still contracted to it and on suspension?? You've been told you need to step down to enable you to stay employed by Tesco??

Have you been suspended for swearing?? Which still doesn't explain why you're already on the shopfloor working?? Or have you been suspended for reporting your suspicions of theft to the manager?? The union have said to appeal the outcome?? Yep....reckon I'm missing something here ??? ???

madness

• Know All
« Reply #39 on: 06-12-18, 06:05PM »
As usual I think selective information is being put on the site.

forrestgimp

• Smart Arse
« Reply #40 on: 08-12-18, 04:31PM »
Is it me ??? Am I missing something here ??? You've been told you've done nothing wrong....in writing....I'm still not getting why you have been suspended?? Why your job has been advertised whilst you are still contracted to it and on suspension?? You've been told you need to step down to enable you to stay employed by Tesco??

Have you been suspended for swearing?? Which still doesn't explain why you're already on the shopfloor working?? Or have you been suspended for reporting your suspicions of theft to the manager?? The union have said to appeal the outcome?? Yep....reckon I'm missing something here ??? ???

Im a bit confused as well, in one post which I highlighted earlier this person tells us they work 16 hours shifts 6 days a week, I know in our store that would not be allowed.

Blondie19

« Reply #41 on: 10-12-18, 07:19PM »
Just a quick question about disciplinary processes, if a member of staff has either been sacked or given the option to resign before being sacked.  The reason why should be confidential, I've  recently heard a story where there has been a dismissal within the company and it being talked about outside of the four walls of the disciplinary.
« Last Edit: 10-12-18, 07:28PM by Blondie19 »

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #42 on: 10-12-18, 08:20PM »
You can’t offer the option of resigning instead of being sacked, and yes any process underway should be kept confidential by all parties, so much wrong with the above example.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Blondie19

« Reply #43 on: 10-12-18, 08:30PM »
Sorry your right didn't make sense. In a round about way I guess what I was trying to say was what ever happens in a disciplinary should stay in the 4 walls of the disciplinary and not gossiped about.

just curious

• Smart Arse
« Reply #44 on: 10-12-18, 11:23PM »
You can’t offer the option of resigning instead of being sacked, and yes any process underway should be kept confidential by all parties, so much wrong with the above example.

The offer of resignition does not have to be offered to an employee - as the individual concerned can quit with immediate effect at any time as can any staff member should they choose to ? , they could even possibly go on the sick whilst under investigation and put there notice in whilst on the sick ? , Although it sometimes feels like it were not Toscos slaves and we can make our own choices and decisions and quit / leave when and if we choose to , you do not need the option of resigning you just say your going - Bye .?.
« Last Edit: 10-12-18, 11:25PM by just curious »

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #45 on: 11-12-18, 09:32AM »
A person can leave during an investigation but if they then require a reference it will say that they left during an ongoing investigation.

As for the talking about what has happened behind closed doors. There are four people in the room and one is allowed to talk, the person involved. I have years behind me as a rep and I have heard all sorts of rubbish from the person involved. I have heard people say "I told them and I was right and they caved" when they have actually had warnings. Then, if someone leaves it is obvious that they have gone. Speculation will be left or sacked. We all know people who just love to be in the know and state things as fact. If on the other hand and people are talking, this is so wrong.
« Last Edit: 11-12-18, 09:41AM by Chojac2412 »

Blondie19

« Reply #46 on: 11-12-18, 03:08PM »
I understand that anyone is allowed to talk but just thought it was meant to stay within the disciplinary and only those who need to know are told not the whole store.

forrestgimp

• Smart Arse
« Reply #47 on: 12-12-18, 03:07PM »
It should be kept quiet I suppose but there is nothing to stop the person involved speaking to anyone or asking advice from anyone and then once out in the open its fair game for gossip mongers. Your post said its a dismissal thats already happened, if that is the case of course people are going to talk about it its human nature.

I mean you are even talking to us about it on here.