Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-11-18, 04:28PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81409
  • Total Topics: 1711
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Magor  (Read 3224 times)

trigger

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • yr aving it!!!
Magor
« on: 28-10-18, 11:55PM »
Magor,appantly we have to work 2-10 xmas eve and 6-2 boxing.is the GM trying to break the record of sickness..just a thought.
BRING ON THE WELSH HA HA HA.GRAND SLAM 2008.
VOTE UKIP.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Magor
« Reply #1 on: 29-10-18, 09:11AM »
Unsure of position in distribution but in stores Boxing Day is optional.

viva la vida

« Reply #2 on: 30-10-18, 08:45AM »
Where did you hear that one Trigger?

dogslave

« Reply #3 on: 30-10-18, 01:27PM »
Doctors and sick notes in order. 3 weeks to cover all Xmas and new year.  More to life than  work. And get paid for being  off no brainer.

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 30-10-18, 06:49PM »
Magor,appantly we have to work 2-10 xmas eve and 6-2 boxing.is the GM trying to break the record of sickness..just a thought.

Confirmed at our DC too. And 2-10 New Years Eve.

« Reply #5 on: 30-10-18, 11:26PM »
Doctors and sick notes in order. 3 weeks to cover all Xmas and new year.  More to life than  work. And get paid for being  off no brainer.

Sounds like our store. If you need the time off don't ask. Holidays can be used as extra.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 01-11-18, 11:33AM »
In Distribution as I understand it, if you are Rostered for any given day you can be expected to work it, if the company do not wish you to work it they have sets notice periods for declaring non working shifts, some contracts types it’s 7 days some contract types it’s 28 days.

If you are not notified of any changes then Normal shifts apply, if the notice is less than it is should be then it is up to you whether you accept the change, if the appropriate minimum notice is not given and you are unable to work because the site is closed then you should be paid.

Unfortunately you cannot Greivance what your Contract is.
So if no notice is given for the days mentioned above you can be expected to work them as they are Normal Shifts attracting the relevant Premiums.

Where it may get complicated and may have cause for concern is if some are treated more favourably than others or the expectation for some is greater than others by a change the company does make. Yet this concern can only be argued on the basis of fairness and what is reasonable and that the company should of tried to apply any change fairly.
If they do nothing and apply no change and give no notice of change for the above days then any difference is by how things naturally fall because of Who is rostered and when contractually and not created by a change the company make, very difficult to challenge.
Much like some having a Leisure week Xmas week, its simply how it falls naturally.

Confirmed at our DC too. And 2-10 New Years Eve.

:o >:(

No Doubt the REPS will do their best to reason fairness, but They can’t greivance your Contract.
« Last Edit: 01-11-18, 11:41AM by Duracell »
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 01-11-18, 07:33PM »
I've often read on here about 'accepted practice' an so on. Our DC has never worked 2-10 on New Years Eve. So is it unreasonable to make staff work it?

:o >:(

No Doubt the REPS will do their best to reason fairness, but They can’t greivance your Contract.

Reps have said there is nothing they can do. If you are rostered to work it, you're in

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 01-11-18, 11:40PM »
Your Reps are Generally correct. If you are rostered and a change is not Notified as per Contract then you can’t greivance your contract.

Having said that my personal belief is where the company do notify a change they should try and treat everyone the same, i’m Not suggesting comparing drivers with warehouse as the expectations are different for both anyway.
Warehouse shift patterns should be treated fairly if the company notify a change, in the past the company and union have agreed to be consistent and give all the opportunity for 2 days off, that may mean Xmas eve and Xmas Day or Xmas Day and Boxing Day, but the principle has been established in the past to consult and achieve equality in the amount of time off they grant by the Closed periods they declare.

So expecting you to to work your contracted hours you can’t challenge because you can’t Grievance your contract, even in previous years custom and practice additional time off was always notified correctly and never given automatically, Xmas and new year working was always communicated and notified correctly, this year is no different except for the detail of the working arrangements.
If however the company do notify and apply a change that treats people differently there may be scope to challenge any unfairness or greater obligation for some, because here it wouldn’t be a grievance of your contract and the ability to change it or keep it the same, the Grievance would be that a change has been made and that it had been applied unfairly for some more than others when contractual obligations and expectations should be the same. I and others have had some success many years ago with a complaint about rota changes being applied unfairly where some workers were faced with consecutive rota changes and others didn’t have any. The complaint was upheld. It’s a fairness argument though and in all likelihood would not win a tribunal case if they give the correct contractual notice.

So it currently stands that all will likely have Xmas day off, that will be consistent and very hard to challenge even though it’s less than previous years, problems may arise if they do change anything more than that, declaring Xmas eve or Boxing Day shifts as closed periods which may give some 2 days off but others still only get one. Any challenge here would be based on moral argument rather than a contractual one.
« Last Edit: 01-11-18, 11:52PM by Duracell »
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #9 on: 07-11-18, 11:18AM »
Is it also true that T were trying to push through the pay negotiations before the Christmas/new year working was revealed?