Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-11-18, 03:42PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81409
  • Total Topics: 1711
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 91
Total: 94

Poll

Jack's, good/bad idea?

Good
(26.3%)
Bad
(16%)
Unneccessary
(57.7%)

Author Topic: Jack's  (Read 7773 times)

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: Jack's
« Reply #25 on: 01-11-18, 07:32PM »
From article,
The stores are expected to stock principally Tesco’s own brand produce - from basics to finest, with Tesco’s eight farm brands expected to feature strongly.

Can it be called 'farm brand' if the farm does not exist ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #26 on: 01-11-18, 07:39PM »
From article,
The stores are expected to stock principally Tesco’s own brand produce - from basics to finest, with Tesco’s eight farm brands expected to feature strongly.

Can it be called 'farm brand' if the farm does not exist ?

'Captain Birdseye', 'Uncle Bens'... The list is endless

« Reply #27 on: 01-11-18, 07:56PM »
But soon if not already every big four supermarket will have 1 2 3 4.... discounters surrounding them. Then the competition from Amazon. Converting Tesco to Jacks is one way to write off alot of the debt Tesco has. Then the announced profits will be more. This money should be used for expansion, staff, new IT, vans etc not announced as profit though. They are not going to spend all the time/money to open a dozen Jacks. Just sit back and watch it unfold.

Classy Bird

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #28 on: 01-11-18, 07:59PM »
Didn't the first lot of Jack's open with their own branded products and nothing with Tesco or any of the fictious farm brands on?

I thought it was all labelled Jack's with a couple hundred known brands thrown in.

Pgl

« Reply #29 on: 02-11-18, 02:07PM »
Sorry for hijacking this thread but can anyone give me advice. I have a few issues with sick pay and how my maternity was dealt with. I’m not in the union & my people manager and store manager have never done anything to help. Basically who do I go to next to escalate it further? Ideally an email address so I could type it out.

« Reply #30 on: 02-11-18, 02:45PM »
If you have a wage query escalate it with the wages department don't bother with the SM and PM. If you have another issue which your SM/PM cannot deal with try the store director you should be able get his/her details from the contact centre if you don't know them personally. Raise it higher until someone supports you. Hopefully that person will also do something about all the incompetence that has went before. If you can't be bothered just go to Dave Lewis CEO.

Twinkeltoes1

• Know All
« Reply #31 on: 02-11-18, 08:24PM »
If I were you go straight to Lewis, I had a problem with my wages, a large problem and anyway I sent an e mail to Terry Leahy and the OD and SD and also a copy to the Store Manager, by christ did it get sorted, mind the store manager had me in the office and tried reading the riot act, informed him if it had been dealt with correctly and quickly there would have been no need to escalate, never spoke to me for about 3 months lol, suited me

Silver

« Reply #32 on: 07-11-18, 07:03PM »
Jacks is just stupid, they want to improve the Tesco brand by offering customers "discount" products, this is achieved by removing the Tesco brand all together. Makes perfect sense, just another money pit for them to fill up with wasted cash instead of supporting colleague pay.