Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
10-12-18, 01:39PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81661
  • Total Topics: 1715
  • Online Today: 130
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Re : invitation to investigation meeting  (Read 4733 times)

BAD1

• VLH Supporter
Re : invitation to investigation meeting
« on: 09-10-18, 05:44PM »
The letter delivered by hand to my house today, says I have to attend an investigation meeting tomorrow with the security Team Manager and Admin colleague as note taker.
Do I need to attend because I am leaving in about less than 2 weeks time.
I haven't done anything wrong or illegal since I've been here 3 years now.

Me2015

• Regular Pain
Re: Re : invitation to investigation meeting
« Reply #1 on: 09-10-18, 06:03PM »
You still need to attend however I’d be telling them your leaving and pointing out the waste of time in going through with this from typing and delivering the letter to arranging note takers ect!
Unless it’s for Gross Misconduct it’s a waste of time! IMO

« Reply #2 on: 09-10-18, 07:27PM »
You have options

leave early
jump on the sick
or just go to the meeting

You could always adjourn the meeting once they've asked you the same question for the 100th time. Remember and take a Representative.

madness

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 09-10-18, 08:49PM »
What have you not done but you are leaving because of anyway?

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #4 on: 09-10-18, 08:52PM »
The letter delivered by hand to my house today, says I have to attend an investigation meeting tomorrow with the security Team Manager and Admin colleague as note taker.
Do I need to attend because I am leaving in about less than 2 weeks time.
I haven't done anything wrong or illegal since I've been here 3 years now.

They must have something on you if they are calling you for a investigation meeting.

OH

« Reply #5 on: 10-10-18, 09:09AM »
Has it occured to you that the investigation may not be about you?
You could simply be a potential witness to something else...

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #6 on: 10-10-18, 09:34AM »
If you leave before investigation you could be processed as "left during investigation" and if you require a reference it will state this

OH

« Reply #7 on: 10-10-18, 12:18PM »
If it really bothers you...

1) Attend the meeting. Act dumb for a few minutes, then adjourn to "seek advice" from your union which happens not to be USDAW. (All within policy).

2) Reconvene a few days later. After a few minutes, adjourn again to seek further advice from your union. (Again, within policy).

3) Repeat as necessary.

4) On leaving, insist that the unreliable, incomplete documentation is removed from your file.

It's all a game played by their rules. You just need to play the game better than them, while following their rules.

BAD1

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 10-10-18, 01:21PM »
Thanks for your replies guys.
Do I really have to go through their stupid rules, I am leaving in less than 2 weeks time plus I have a holiday booked and I don't really need any reference because I already got my new job secured.  Can I not do a 'sicky' for the last few days and ignore them? will they stop my next wages etc.

I also had to attend an investigation last month because some one made a complaint about me because they failed their Credit Check (yes I work in a Phone shop) so this will be another similar thing.  I think this is so stupid Tosco does not care about their staff.

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #9 on: 10-10-18, 02:51PM »
You can withdraw your notice.  Of course they have to conduct the investigation.  You can even come back after you've left within a reasonable period of time to your old job, so yes they have to conduct the investigation.

Your wages won't be stopped.  But if your a 3 day wait time you wont be paid for sick leave. 

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 10-10-18, 05:25PM »
A investigation meeting is nothing to be afraid of. It's merely a evidence gathering exercise and may not be directly related to anything you have done. As said above you could be a named witness to a incident reported by someone else.

The hand delivered letter should spell out the reason for the meeting. I'd advise speaking to a rep as spelling out on here the grounds could destroy the anonymity of the site.

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #11 on: 10-10-18, 05:43PM »
Do I really have to go through their stupid rules, I am leaving in less than 2 weeks time plus I have a holiday booked and I don't really need any reference because I already got my new job secured.  Can I not do a 'sicky' for the last few days and ignore them? will they stop my next wages etc.

I also had to attend an investigation last month because some one made a complaint about me because they failed their Credit Check (yes I work in a Phone shop) so this will be another similar thing.  I think this is so stupid Tosco does not care about their staff.

Go off sick until you leave. Nothing they can do

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #12 on: 10-10-18, 11:25PM »
You should also check your new job offer is not "subject to references"

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #13 on: 11-10-18, 12:02AM »
Has it occured to you that the investigation may not be about you?
You could simply be a potential witness to something else...
the letter will state the reason for the investigation

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 11-10-18, 12:09AM »

If I had a job secured I would leave now and tell them to stick their investigation where the sun don't shine.  It is illegal for them to withhold pay that you have already earned before you leave.  Just be happy that you're getting out of this company.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #15 on: 11-10-18, 08:00AM »
If you leave before investigation you could be processed as "left during investigation" and if you require a reference it will state this

So if an investigation is underway when someone leaves, they would be expected to come back till it's finished?

Teddybonkers

« Reply #16 on: 11-10-18, 12:41PM »
You can't be serious - its not the CID for heavens sake.

madness

• Know All
« Reply #17 on: 11-10-18, 06:20PM »
Nobody has asked and the op hasn't said but maybe they are guilty of whatever the investigation is about and are leaving due to it? No manager chooses to do an investigation it takes up time they would rather be doing other things.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 11-10-18, 06:41PM »
your last paragraph doesnt apply in our store. some are trying their hardest to find things to investigate

VladPutin

• Smart Arse
« Reply #19 on: 11-10-18, 07:01PM »
Go to the meeting.

Refuse to answer any questions.

Masturbate.

Since you don't need the job or even a reference, you may as well have some fun. >:D

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #20 on: 11-10-18, 07:49PM »
And then promptly get  arrested for indecent exposure,and conducting a lewd act in public  :-X  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 11-10-18, 08:58PM »
Nobody has asked and the op hasn't said but maybe they are guilty of whatever the investigation is about and are leaving due to it? No manager chooses to do an investigation it takes up time they would rather be doing other things.

First thing our new sm said when he arrived to all management and team supports was, if your not investigating at least one person right now then I feel your not doing your jobs and ill investigate you. And from how he has gone on so far he was not joking or showing off as he's had at least half the management team over it.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

« Reply #22 on: 11-10-18, 10:51PM »
your last paragraph doesnt apply in our store. some are trying their hardest to find things to investigate

lackofinterest

Don't usually agree with you but you are spot on this time. The managers watch people on cameras waiting on them tripping up. It is the time the investigations take too. Have been to these and they can take hours as the investigator asks the same question 100 times. The rep can be present for the full time being paid for a signature at the end. Things that were once ignored are now the crime of the century. It just leads to increased sickness hours and alot of paperwork. All so that a manager can say he/she done more than walk about for a shift. They create problems for themselves at times.

VladPutin

• Smart Arse
« Reply #23 on: 11-10-18, 11:35PM »
And then promptly get  arrested for indecent exposure,and conducting a lewd act in public  :-X  :-X

Claim you have converted to Islam and were experiencing a, "sexual emergency". The police will apologise to you and arrest the person who called them on suspicion of committing a, "Hate Crime" ;)

VladPutin

• Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 11-10-18, 11:39PM »

First thing our new sm said when he arrived to all management and team supports was, if your not investigating at least one person right now then I feel your not doing your jobs and ill investigate you. And from how he has gone on so far he was not joking or showing off as he's had at least half the management team over it.

Lol, what a tw*t.

And managers wonder why no one respects them. 8-)