Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
05-12-19, 11:01PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62727
  • Total Topics: 1103
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 137
Total: 142

Author Topic: Marked as refused to work a shift I wasn't offered  (Read 6141 times)

Robdaoffice

Re: Marked as refused to work a shift I wasn't offered
« Reply #25 on: 28-10-18, 10:45PM »
Again yes.....same as if you are on a break, they are not supposed to approach you whilst you are not on shift!

If on day off, just say and repeat as much as required, " I'm not on duty!" and walk away. If on a break, " I'm on my unpaid break!" Also always remember, if they actually call you away, out of the canteen, whilst you are on a break, then your full break allowance re-sets, regardless of how short the interruption is!!

Regarding the reset of the of the break if it's interrupted, is this written down anywhere? I work on the back door and I'm often expected to deal with a delivery even if it comes while I'm on my break...This includes all deliveries not just the main fresh and grocery deliveries which are timed.   

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 29-10-18, 12:33AM »
in that case leave the premises to have your break :P

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #27 on: 29-10-18, 10:13AM »
It will be written that you are to have a 30/45/60 minute break and that is what you are entitled to, not 2/3/4 15 minute breaks or worse.  Insist on you entitlement or as lackofinterest says leave the premises for your break.

If you feel uneasy when they approach you to split your break early just say "sorry, I'm on break and will be meeting somebody outside shortly."
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.