Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-11-18, 07:28PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6123
  • Latest: San79
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81418
  • Total Topics: 1712
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: WMTY  (Read 3260 times)

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
WMTY
« on: 16-09-18, 08:48PM »
What date does the results for the latest WMTY come out?
We were told nothing about the last one so I'd like to know the date so I can start asking questions  at the right time.

bugsbunny

Re: WMTY
« Reply #1 on: 16-09-18, 09:19PM »
They came out on Thursday last week 13th

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #2 on: 16-09-18, 09:35PM »
Do we have a right to see them?

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 16-09-18, 10:02PM »
theyre not worth the paper theyre not written on. lies...all lies!  :-X

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 16-09-18, 10:13PM »
Do we have a right to see them?

They, the store, should print it out and put it up for all to see, also if they have a low score then they are likely to spend time around it with each person.

they're not worth the paper they are not written on. lies...all lies!  :-X

which ones are not ? This week I have seen those that trashed the managers,  but gave a very good score for the rest including the store.  Then I have seen those that gave glowing scores to stores and managers.

So are you saying they are all Lies ?

Iron Giant

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #5 on: 17-09-18, 10:20AM »
Did all stores receive the results on the 13th?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

« Reply #6 on: 17-09-18, 11:52AM »
The WMTY has turned into a way for many to make nasty comments about managers in my place. Many boosting about such have no gumption to speak to the manager in person or via the internal procedure. How can managers be expected to resolve issues/concerns if they don't know who to respond to.

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #7 on: 17-09-18, 11:58AM »
The WMTY used to be a good way back in ye Olden Days for stores and regional manages to root out potential issues within stores and departments.

Now I think it has just turned into a tick in a box exercise, and I'm sure that Drastic reads the results and laughs himself to sleep and how all his cuts are working and crushing moral.  >:(

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #8 on: 17-09-18, 02:58PM »
The WMTY has turned into a way for many to make nasty comments about managers in my place. Many boosting about such have no gumption to speak to the manager in person or via the internal procedure. How can managers be expected to resolve issues/concerns if they don't know who to respond to.
I've seen what happens when staff tell managers to their face. Nasty, vindictive, small minded retaliation because they can't accept they are not the best.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 17-09-18, 05:23PM »
It is high time the whole WMTY farce was stopped for good, you get people using it to have a go at times unfounded, yes of course some people will have cause to complain via it, but what does it achieve. Lots of talk of action plans, big posters put up in the staff areas and nothing ever happens next.

Their must be a better way of gauging how staff feel and where improvements need to be made,
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 17-09-18, 10:39PM »
The WMTY used to be a good way back in ye Olden Days for stores and regional manages to root out potential issues within stores and departments.

Now I think it has just turned into a tick in a box exercise, and I'm sure that Drastic reads the results and laughs himself to sleep and how all his cuts are working and crushing moral.  >:(
drastic doesn't give a f*** about any of us.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #11 on: 17-09-18, 10:44PM »

drastic doesn't give a f*** about any of us.
I've seen what happens when staff tell managers to their face. Nasty, vindictive, small minded retaliation because they can't accept they are not the best.
« Last Edit: 18-09-18, 10:04AM by Nomad »

Ascott83

« Reply #12 on: 18-09-18, 09:12AM »
Our store seemingly did very well. Not that we believe it is actually a true result. Problems were highlighted and from what we can tell nothing will really be done about it. I await the actual feedback from department breakdown tho to see if ot has all been fudged.

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
« Reply #13 on: 18-09-18, 12:46PM »
Wonder if all the dreadful results from WMTY are being discussed today at the NEC in Birmingham??  :-X

Or are they handing out carrots again....... :question: :question: :question:

bugsbunny

« Reply #14 on: 18-09-18, 01:19PM »
What is going on at the NEC today ??

Bleh

• Know All
« Reply #15 on: 18-09-18, 07:31PM »
They said at NEC today that recommended for a good place to work had increased, surprising.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 18-09-18, 08:31PM »
Of course they did... just keep burying their heads in the sand and that will fix evrything that is wrong within Tosco. :-X :-X :-X :-X
The worlds me lobster

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #17 on: 18-09-18, 08:33PM »
Bunch of tw*tting liars.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 19-09-18, 02:04AM »
i wouldn't recommend it as a good place to work to my worst enemy  >:D
« Last Edit: 19-09-18, 02:06AM by lackofinterest »

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #19 on: 19-09-18, 08:10AM »
WMTY needs to be amended so that only the actual employee can complete it. Have previously seen managers doing multiple surveys to guarantee them great results.

As said above I'm a firm believer that you shouldnt put on your WMTY a comment you wouldn't be prepared to make face to face. So why cant we track who says what and more importantly when they said it.

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
« Reply #20 on: 19-09-18, 08:37AM »
Sounds like the Emperor was wearing his new clothes then at the NEC .........

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #21 on: 19-09-18, 10:20AM »
WMTY needs to be amended so that only the actual employee can complete it. Have previously seen managers doing multiple surveys to guarantee them great results.

As said above I'm a firm believer that you shouldnt put on your WMTY a comment you wouldn't be prepared to make face to face. So why cant we track who says what and more importantly when they said it.

Survey is for everyone. Managers and above still have a right to say how they feel but I agree that it is open for multiple surveys by an individual and this should be addressed.

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #22 on: 19-09-18, 10:33AM »

We had a driver who told the dotcom managers exactly what he thought of them and how bad they were at doing their job. After that he seemed to get every bad run going and all his holidays messed about. The managers are just petty and vindictive when their abilities are brought into question.

Iron Giant

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #23 on: 19-09-18, 12:11PM »
I tend to use WMTY to voice my opinion on the companies direction and corporate decision making. My managers already know what I think of them.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 19-09-18, 02:46PM »
Green in my store apparently  ;D