Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-08-19, 11:19PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59781
  • Total Topics: 1061
  • Online Today: 227
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Where do Tesco managers get their confidence boost from?  (Read 10353 times)

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
Re: Where do Tesco managers get their confidence boost from?
« Reply #25 on: 06-06-18, 05:13PM »
That was a joke post above about the union being the reason we are not paid £3 per hour and get paternity pay, sackable at a managers whim etc and holiday pay right? Tell me you are not that deluded? Lidl and aldi don't have unions and they are paid more get yearly increases, very few sackings and get paternty pay.

Read your history, I'm not saying you are a fool but you do a very good impression.

Why do you think we have these things in the first place? Its because someone stood up and fought for it. If we were like you we would still be in workhouses.

Now grow up......

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #26 on: 06-06-18, 11:39PM »
Are you refering to victorian times when workers were beaten and they employed children and comparing what unions did then for workers rights, to say usdaw in then last 10 years? What have usdaw done in the last 10 years that wouldn't have come naturally without them? What did they genuinely make a difference to our working conditions and benefits?

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #27 on: 08-06-18, 03:47PM »
Usdaw have to their credit kept some pretty bad changes at bay over the years, They are not the best granted but if you think they are worthless then no one is stopping you leaving them. Do that though and you have no voice what so ever.

Oh and not everything we have is from the Victorian Era or do you think workers rights have stopped being fought over since the 1800s?
« Last Edit: 08-06-18, 03:48PM by forrestgimp »

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #28 on: 29-07-18, 01:46PM »
Knowing staff at both Morrisons and Sainsburys why is it then that the union has sat back and let Tesco staff be shafted while staff at the other two have better pay and conditions?

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 29-07-18, 08:12PM »
Usdaw have to their credit kept some pretty bad changes at bay over the years, They are not the best granted but if you think they are worthless then no one is stopping you leaving them. Do that though and you have no voice what so ever.

Oh and not everything we have is from the Victorian Era or do you think workers rights have stopped being fought over since the 1800s?

The point is that have not fought the members corner on issues such as pay, job losses etc, they have merely gave way to Tesco as they please. It's rumours of what they have apparently held back and on the issues that have come through they failed in their support of members

USDAW lack any teeth and fight when it counts, they just cream off your money and shaft when you're not looking. Yes, they are worthless.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 29-07-18, 08:21PM »
Are you refering to victorian times when workers were beaten and they employed children and comparing what unions did then for workers rights, to say usdaw in then last 10 years? What have usdaw done in the last 10 years that wouldn't have come naturally without them? What did they genuinely make a difference to our working conditions and benefits?

Tosco do beat people and employ children I see it every day.

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #31 on: 29-07-18, 08:29PM »
As a DotCom driver, I usually deliver more in one morning shift than what a Morrisons/Sainsburys/Asda driver would do in a day, sometimes in two. I also have to deliver to the front door in flats where the other drivers only have to deliver to the main door. So why should USDAW agree that I should be paid at such a rate that I would be better off stacking shelves in the other supermarkets?

Teddybonkers

« Reply #32 on: 29-07-18, 08:36PM »

The point is that have not fought the members corner on issues such as pay, job losses etc, they have merely gave way to Tesco as they please. It's rumours of what they have apparently held back and on the issues that have come through they failed in their support of members

USDAW lack any teeth and fight when it counts, they just cream off your money and shaft when you're not looking. Yes, they are worthless.

Totally agree. They only seem to be  interested in campaigning on things that don't matter to most members, or organising dippy conferences on things that only they care about. Don't waste your money on these loosers - when you need them they're not there.
« Last Edit: 29-07-18, 08:39PM by Teddybonkers »

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 29-07-18, 08:38PM »
As a DotCom driver, I usually deliver more in one morning shift than what a Morrisons/Sainsburys/Asda driver would do in a day, sometimes in two. I also have to deliver to the front door in flats where the other drivers only have to deliver to the main door. So why should USDAW agree that I should be paid at such a rate that I would be better off stacking shelves in the other supermarkets?

If Sainsburys is easier driver shift why not apply for a move.  ???

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #34 on: 29-07-18, 09:41PM »
If they had any full time positions going I'd be gone like a shot. AND they have managers who treat their staff with dignity!

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #35 on: 29-07-18, 10:13PM »
Lol grass in greener eh?

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #36 on: 15-09-18, 08:59PM »
I sometimes wonder why tesco managers take themselves so seriously.

Most GA's don't take them seriously. :D ;D

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 15-09-18, 09:26PM »
You really don't like managers do you, and before anyone asks I'm not one myself but have been in the past when working for other retailers.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

bugsbunny

• Regular Pain
« Reply #38 on: 15-09-18, 10:30PM »
Totally agree with you vladputin