Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-11-18, 07:28PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6123
  • Latest: San79
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81418
  • Total Topics: 1712
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Christmas to early.  (Read 3704 times)

fargone

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Christmas to early.
« Reply #25 on: 12-09-18, 12:11PM »
In the material sense you can only eat and drink so much, you can only wear so many clothes, drive so many cars, be in one room at a time.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 12-09-18, 07:04PM »
Er..no. you know what I mean so don't try and bait me

Bait you ? If you cant say it then dont mention it  8-)

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #27 on: 12-09-18, 07:19PM »
As someone who despairs at how like America we have become in the UK,  Halloween decorations ott, Easter trees and baby showers . I would quite like to be like America in Christmas traditions ie; many people leave decorating the tree till the weekend before Christmas.  Where I live people often put them up on 1st November, I swear I'll be arrested someday for putting a brick through their window !

Yes that's due to them having Thanks giving in November, which in some ways is bigger than Xmas.

And Just in case someone needs The Tubs Asda has them on offer at £4  :D
« Last Edit: 12-09-18, 07:54PM by Nomad »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 12-09-18, 07:41PM »
2 for £7 instore today  ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 12-09-18, 07:46PM »
Er..no. you know what I mean so don't try and bait me

Bait you ? If you cant say it then dont mention it  8-)

Can't say it as it may offend someone.....exactly the point being made ....innit.....PC correctness ruined the Christian festival years ago... :-X :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #30 on: 12-09-18, 11:25PM »
I'd imagine the continual decline of Christianity as a whole would be more to blame for that, rather than some fantasy war on Christmas/PC gone mad nonsense.

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #31 on: 13-09-18, 06:05PM »
It's not nonsense

fargone

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #32 on: 13-09-18, 06:18PM »
Does anyone stop to think of the people with f**k all money, being bombarded by images of unattainable wealth at Christmas?

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #33 on: 13-09-18, 07:07PM »
I'd imagine the continual decline of Christianity as a whole would be more to blame for that
Christianity is not in decline, it just looks that way because of two things - first, the proportion of people who are Christians has fallen due to the number of people in the UK who are now not Christian, which in turn has been driven by the immigration of people whose country does not have that belief system - Chrsitians are not coming here, other faiths are, and their numbers are growing at ahigher rate than the births of Christians; secondly, Christianity has almost been suppressed because speaking out/expressing views on any other religion is seen as a hate crime but it's always OK to poke fun of Jesus. Burning down a church is classed as arson but try burning down a Mosque and not be charged with a hate crime...

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #34 on: 13-09-18, 07:50PM »
"Christianity is not in decline"

"the proportion of people who are Christians has fallen"

lol

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 13-09-18, 10:56PM »
I'd imagine the continual decline of Christianity as a whole would be more to blame for that
Christianity is not in decline, it just looks that way because of two things - first, the proportion of people who are Christians has fallen due to the number of people in the UK who are now not Christian, which in turn has been driven by the immigration of people whose country does not have that belief system - Chrsitians are not coming here, other faiths are, and their numbers are growing at ahigher rate than the births of Christians; secondly, Christianity has almost been suppressed because speaking out/expressing views on any other religion is seen as a hate crime but it's always OK to poke fun of Jesus. Burning down a church is classed as arson but try burning down a Mosque and not be charged with a hate crime...

you find that churches are closing down faster than Pubs  and the only places that Churches are full are in areas in which large amounts of immigrants live.  Poking fun at Christ  ??? who does ?  as to Burning down a Mosque , are you asking others to try to do so  8-)  You sure your name is not Tommy or that this site is allowing Bigotry ?  Mind you can see how Christianity is falling away when it seems that the teachings of Christ are lost and hate over powers love.

Administrator Comment Do not try to twist other posters words. Nomad

woody505

• Regular Pain
« Reply #36 on: 13-09-18, 11:24PM »
We have 6mods of Xmas grocery got asked too work Xmas back stock we have 1 cage half of it went out somebody is buying it.

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #37 on: 14-09-18, 10:53AM »

lol

The maths is really not that difficult alf. If 100 people live in a country and they all worship Christianity then proportionally that country is 100% Christian. If 10 people then enter that country that don't worship Christianity then proportionally that country is then only 91% Christian. That does not mean the indigenous population have abandoned or stopped the worship of Christianity or let it's values and belief system go. That's not the same as the religion being in decline by definition -  the same number of people still follow Christianity. Whether or not they actively attend church (due to increasing demands on working patterns and other factors) is another debate.

poking fun at Christ  ??? who does ?  as to Burning down a Mosque , are you asking others to try to do so  8-)  You sure your name is not Tommy or that this site is allowing Bigotry ?  Mind you can see how Christianity is falling away when it seems that the teachings of Christ are lost and hate over powers love ,,,,,,,,,,,
 some
At no point did I infer that others should engage in any such activity. I'm merely stating facts - you only have to look back to June to see examples of them, these two disgraceful acts are treated differently;-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-44505360
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/leeds-arson-attack-hate-crimes-mosque-muslim-sikh-gurdwara-a8385176.html

Poking fun at Christ? Google is your friend. Or watch South Park. But examine by comparison what happens when somebody publishes a satirical image of Mohammed.

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #38 on: 14-09-18, 05:16PM »

lol

The maths is really not that difficult alf. If 100 people live in a country and they all worship Christianity then proportionally that country is 100% Christian. If 10 people then enter that country that don't worship Christianity then proportionally that country is then only 91% Christian. That does not mean the indigenous population have abandoned or stopped the worship of Christianity or let it's values and belief system go. That's not the same as the religion being in decline by definition -  the same number of people still follow Christianity. Whether or not they actively attend church (due to increasing demands on working patterns and other factors) is another debate.

Of course the math isn't difficult, that's not the issue, the issue is your completely made up figures and reasoning.

You're claiming the number of Christians hasn't fallen, instead it's the immigration of non Christians that has reduced the proportion of Christians in the UK as a whole.

That is simply false.

• 71.7% of people in the UK identified as Christian in 2001.
  • 3% of the people in the Uk identified as Muslim (the other religions made up 3%) in 2001.
  • 14.8% of the people in the UK identified as "no religion" in 2001.

10 years later in 2011,
  • 59.3% of people in the UK identified as Christian.
  • 4.8% of people in the UK identified as Muslim (the other religions increased by 1%).
  • 25.1% of people in the UK identified as "no religion".

In those 10 years, Christianity fell (or declined) by roughly 12%, Islam grew by 2% and the non-religious grew by 10%.

So no the raise of Islam and other minority religions is not responsible for the decline of Christianity, at most it's a contributing factor, the main culprit is the people becoming less and less religious.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 14-09-18, 07:30PM »

lol

poking fun at Christ  ??? who does ?  as to Burning down a Mosque , are you asking others to try to do so  8-)  You sure your name is not Tommy or that this site is allowing Bigotry ?  Mind you can see how Christianity is falling away when it seems that the teachings of Christ are lost and hate over powers love ,,,,,,,,,,,
 some
At no point did I infer that others should engage in any such activity. I'm merely stating facts - you only have to look back to June to see examples of them, these two disgraceful acts are treated differently;-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-44505360
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/leeds-arson-attack-hate-crimes-mosque-muslim-sikh-gurdwara-a8385176.html

Poking fun at Christ? Google is your friend. Or watch South Park. But examine by comparison what happens when somebody publishes a satirical image of Mohammed.

So one link shows a fire that spread from a Club that had been closed down since 2010 , and 2 have been arrested for arson , So what is the link  between them ? Or do you have information to say that they have covered up something ?  have you  read what the council and the locals had said about what was going on in the derelict Club ?

And another that shows that A Sikh and a Muslim worship place that had fires lit on the Doors ,

So you are not showing any facts Just racist Bigotry
Think you are tommy  8-)
As to mohammed and the cartoons , why do them if all its going to do is Upset others ? Or is that the point of it all  :(

I just looked this up and found that Over 100.000 White British Have converted to Islam In the last 10 years and 62% are Women  and that is those that have recorded them self as Muslim ,  what they converted from i did not find , but would you class them as being  Christian before ? As well as what do you class as being Christian ?

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #40 on: 14-09-18, 07:39PM »
Take the discussion on religion etc into 'Have a Natter'.

Administrator Comment Any further posts on that subject in this thread will be deleted.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.