Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-11-18, 03:50PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81409
  • Total Topics: 1711
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: store closed due to lack of staff  (Read 5773 times)

Teddybonkers

Re: store closed due to lack of staff
« Reply #25 on: 09-11-18, 01:33PM »
We in a superstore all know not to ever go to express. Some store assistants thinking they were "getting a hard time" in our store were offered a twist to try express and came runing back to us and have never complained again. Infact they are better for having seen the grass is not always greener.

Your comment's don't surprise me, Madness. In the time I've worked here, I've never known anyone to transfer from a larger format store to Express, although plenty have gone in the other direction. Its not a problem for Tesco though, as they're easily replaced with newbies willing to work crazy long hours until the novelty wears off, or they realise there's more to life than the work house.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 09-11-18, 06:29PM »
We had the local express area manager in our superstore the other day, trying to get staff to sign up to a shortlist to cover express ca role in the event someone does not pitch up over the Christmas period as the local ones are so short staffed, and guess what he basically got laughed out the door within about 5mins.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Teddybonkers

« Reply #27 on: 10-11-18, 12:54AM »
Just goes to show how out of touch management really are. Staff are far more clued up than they think :D