Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-09-18, 06:52AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5969
  • Latest: Ash1313
Stats
  • Total Posts: 80604
  • Total Topics: 1688
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 93
Total: 98

Author Topic: Disciplinary  (Read 3677 times)

balthazar

• VLH Supporter
Disciplinary
« on: 31-07-18, 09:47AM »
I’ve recently had a investigation and it’s been sent to disciplinary next week,The accusations are for my behaviour towards staff. As part of the evidence they are using some one to ones I’ve had,in my meeting I questioned the number they put was more than I was aware of having and they said some were verbal and the rest documented on a let’s talk, I’ve come back and looked at my copies and only one was negative, the others were positive. Can I still ask to see what they’re using as evidence and can they refuse?

I’ve got copies of statements given against me and one person has given a completely different version of events for a conversation we had, can I bring this up in my disciplinary? I’ve also never been asked to give my version in writing.
Plus my SM has agreed the three complainers were partly at fault for the situation but nowhere in their statements do they admit to this and place all the blame on me. Again can I bring this up?

terra

• Know All
Re: Disciplinary
« Reply #1 on: 31-07-18, 01:39PM »
You are allowed to have a copy of all of the evidence prior to the disciplinary (except cctv footage)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 31-07-18, 06:57PM »
Are you saying you can't see the CCTV footage prior to disciplinary, or you can't have a copy ??? ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

StoreTL

« Reply #3 on: 31-07-18, 10:55PM »
If you read the post it clearly states you can’t have a copy of it.

terra

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 01-08-18, 06:29AM »
You are allowed to see it but not have a copy. I would have thought they would have shown you it during the investigation

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 01-08-18, 06:13PM »
Without being given a copy of it how can you can check or have checked by your own expert that it has not been tampered with?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 01-08-18, 06:24PM »
Disciplinary  ;D

StoreTL

« Reply #7 on: 01-08-18, 09:43PM »
Without being given a copy of it how can you can check or have checked by your own expert that it has not been tampered with?

If you think that any manager or member of staff at Tesco would tamper with CCTV then you should take off your foil hat.

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #8 on: 02-08-18, 01:15AM »
Some lie and cheat to gain brownie points to make themselves look good to senior team and don't give a fig about staff. So tampering with CCTV isn't as far fetched as you may think!

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 02-08-18, 02:04AM »
not far fetched at all! in fact it wouldnt surprise me in the least!

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #10 on: 02-08-18, 08:33AM »

If you think that any manager or member of staff at Tesco would tamper with CCTV then you should take off your foil hat.

In the just over  3 decades I worked for the big T, what I seen and heard in local stores would shock you as to what a sinking manager will do to save their own position......

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #11 on: 02-08-18, 04:07PM »
If you read the post it clearly states you can’t have a copy of it.

And if you read my post, it clearly states that I asked "CAN'T SEE OR CAN'T HAVE" of which terra clearly understood and replied accordingly
« Last Edit: 02-08-18, 04:13PM by lucgeo »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #12 on: 02-08-18, 04:12PM »

Gomez
The CCTV disc doesn't  play on other machines, I know as I was GIVEN a copy for a disciplinary I was repping.

And perhaps you, your rose tinted glasses ???

Tornado

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #13 on: 03-08-18, 10:01AM »

In the just over  3 decades I worked for the big T, what I seen and heard in local stores would shock you as to what a sinking manager will do to save their own position......
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: you are completely right, Tesco have no idea to what has been done for so long and keep going inside doors. From SMs to respectable  and serious ( :D) people  above them giving cover to I would call criminal actions with help of  some contractors including security ( not all as there are honest people ) I am still questioning myself  how is it possible that such high level of arrogance, blindness and stupidity be in charge of this company for so long ?

Tornado

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #14 on: 03-08-18, 10:10AM »

Gomez
The CCTV disc doesn't  play on other machines, I know as I was GIVEN a copy for a disciplinary I was repping.

are you a manager or a privileged member of staff ?

And perhaps you, your rose tinted glasses ???
  :D :D :D.....  :thumbup:

Blondie

« Reply #15 on: 14-09-18, 11:08PM »
I'm late to the party here, but Let's Talk notes are not allowed to be used as evidence because they are unofficial. Unless there's some sort of loophole for if you actually signed them, in which case my response is to face-palm on your behalf.

Seriously, if somebody ever tries to pull a Let's Talk sheet on you and say that it proves anything other than that somebody employed by Tesco knows how to design a nice sheet on Wordart, tell them that the meeting never happened and watch their reaction. I guarantee it'll give you a good laugh. Those notes aren't worth the paper that they're written on.

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #16 on: 15-09-18, 06:18AM »
Of course they can be used. 
So much helpful contribution on here but you have to filter out some of it.
A quick example are for till shorts. 
Let's talks protect staff from trigger happy managers.

Blondie

« Reply #17 on: 16-09-18, 01:27AM »
Maybe the indication that a Let's Talk happened can be useful, but the conversation itself cannot. They're casual one on one meetings and nothing more.