Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
10-12-18, 02:53AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6177
  • Latest: Zoizzle
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81651
  • Total Topics: 1715
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 69
Total: 71

Author Topic: Usdaw Annual returns for 2017  (Read 2474 times)

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Happy Days

Re: Usdaw Annual returns for 2017
« Reply #1 on: 31-07-18, 02:23PM »
How much. Unbelievable, he even gets double what I earn just paid into his pension. The percentage is a lot more than we receive. I am alright jack. You peasants just about managing can kiss my buttocks. I am being nice. I could have used more industrial language.

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #2 on: 31-07-18, 06:19PM »
Is it really £15 m spent on wages and under £600000 spent on member benefits

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 31-07-18, 06:49PM »
Absolute disgrace, USDAW aint a union its a gravy train crossed with a nodding dog that nods to whatever tune Tesco tells it to.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 31-07-18, 07:32PM »
For the second year running - it's interesting that the General Secretary of USDAW (an organisation which supports the 'Robin Hood Tax' which aims to obtain more tax revenue to prop up the NHS and tackle climate change) didn't voluntarily pay more than the basic amount of NI contributions and chose to take a CO2 producing company funded car at an annual value greater than those NI contributions... hmmmm, hypocrite much?

It says much about USDAW (and confirms a widely held opinion on here) that they spent;-
£1000 on Balloting members and more than £3M on 'Stationery, printing, postage etc.' (in the digital age?);
More than £600k on travel whilst making £43k on motor vehicles;
£1.5M on 'Recruitment and Development' - of whom?

Yet they claim to stand for (in their own words) "To maintain effective administration, financial and organisational systems to achieve efficiency and value for money in the delivery of systems to members".

They're having a party at members' expense.
« Last Edit: 31-07-18, 07:38PM by OvaSees »

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 31-07-18, 07:53PM »
Is it really £15 m spent on wages
It's more than £20M, around 50% of what it's members pay them.

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #6 on: 01-08-18, 02:49PM »
Absolute disgrace, USDAW aint a union its a gravy train crossed with a nodding dog that nods to whatever tune Tesco tells it to.

From my experience the majority of people working for the union are either enjoying the party to much to notice or are to busy feathering their own nests to do anything constructive about the treatment of its members...  >:(

Wearethehearts

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 01-08-18, 03:57PM »
no one that is employed by usdaw wants to rock the boat, not while the gravy train is rolling along nicely, thats why they dont oppose anything openly and play lip service to Tesco, even when they do object they dont tell anyone because we may want more than Pauline having a strongly put word with her tesco masters, which could cost money ,

but with a few far left members on executive commitees it will be interesting to see if the infighting will start, between the lets just keeps the status quo like the recently retired GS and the lets really make changes for the better incoming folk

Flatout

« Reply #8 on: 02-08-18, 07:41AM »
In times of old some of your union subs would go to a pot to help out the members if they ever went on strike, as Usdaw have given away the right to strike they have to spend this money on something else. Seems like it's on their wages and fat pension

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 02-08-18, 08:14AM »
Why is everyone so 'shocked' that Union is like this? We've known it for years that's it's just cash cow for those living it large, just goes to show how many have buried their heads in the sand.

The Union has been nothing more than a hoover for your hard earned cash, whilst selling you down the river at the same time.

Wake up and get out.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 02-08-18, 03:45PM »
 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

CoffeeGate

• Regular Pain
« Reply #11 on: 07-08-18, 03:20PM »
Is anyone actually surprised though?