Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-09-18, 07:44AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5969
  • Latest: Ash1313
Stats
  • Total Posts: 80604
  • Total Topics: 1688
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 82
Total: 87

Author Topic: Night Team responsibilities  (Read 6410 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Night Team responsibilities
« Reply #25 on: 04-06-18, 02:07PM »
@Duff McKagan

You should be working under the instruction of the night managers...not this day manager.
Surely your night manager can't be aware that your using time out of the night budget doing day routines, or merch routines??

Ask your night senior team for a job description for your role, explaining the reason why. If you get any more grief from this day manager show him your job description and request a capability stud,  if he continues to insist its part of your routines.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Iconosphere

« Reply #26 on: 04-06-18, 07:26PM »
I can not express how perfect the initial post is in this thread. Are you sure you don't work at my store? lol.
Everything that was said is exactly what has happened where I am. Morale has never been lower on nightshift.

And for anyone to say 'Let "managers" manage, it's not your headache!', that really doesn't help anyone, and totally misses the point. If you don't get ahead the night before, you have to pick it up the next night. Else you're just s***ting on yourself.

As for managers managing, they can't do their managing any more because they're all on the shop floor filling shelves as there isn't enough staff. And on and on and on we go. Until we drop.

filling-machine

« Reply #27 on: 05-06-18, 02:28AM »
Thinks everyone here missing a point.....what the f#@k is you night manager doing? , our managers would eat this day manager for breakfast if she/he even thought of approaching night ga's and making demands

Exactly - your manager needs to grow a pair and put the day manager firmly and fairly back in their box.

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 05-06-18, 09:38AM »
As far as I'm aware there are only general colleague job descriptions. However, the online training is building with more and more Depts getting its own refresher/new start training. I suspect the day manager is under pressure. We have one like that in our store, think all stores do, I find she is worse when under pressure herself. She has done something, has been in the office and comes out picking holes in everybody else, I have noticed a trend. I would just turn round and ask if what has being asked of you has been cleared with your own manager. Say it's confusing when you get different messages and ask if the night manager is now running day shift.

Wearethehearts

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #29 on: 05-06-18, 12:01PM »
Weartherehearts have you ever worked nights?

yes I had to cover for a few months due to sickness and Ill stand by my view just under half were  unfit for the job,  due to  their behaviours , attitude and beliefs tesco is owe them something other than the pay they get , yes admittedly some  work very  hard but there it ends, I could list all the jobs/dutys the so called super team didnt do and most never knew how to do them but had the attitude "days can do that when they come in "

Wearethehearts

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #30 on: 05-06-18, 12:11PM »
And I would also like to say the store I am  in now the twighlight team almost NEVER complete the fill,between 3-15 cages left daily, but they do leave the store tidy and ready to open , nothing unlabled, back areas tidy etc , days pick up the un worked delivery and the capping , but its not a major issue because if everything is done right a few cages are not that difficult to do, a huge shift in where we were when we had a night team !!!! Makes you wonder if the troubles between nights and days was due to nights and days expecting differing things

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #31 on: 07-06-18, 10:14AM »
Administrator Comment Several posts deleted by two members who wish to turn this thread into a nights v days slanging match, similar posts may suffer the same fate.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 07-06-18, 02:31PM »
Global Moderator Comment Warning: Posts abusing moderators for moderating posts will also be removed and may lead to bans
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 07-06-18, 09:58PM »
Administrator Comment Topic is Night Team responsibilities.

Spongbob

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #34 on: 08-06-18, 10:57AM »
My first job when I start my night shift is first tidy the back up fridge removing dumped cages empty milk dollys picking up dumped food waste then moving onto shop floor removing left full cardboard cages at least 2 then I attempt too fill the shelves and on most occasion taking off stock that's just been stashed anywhere there was a gap

jester21

« Reply #35 on: 08-06-18, 11:32AM »
The only time I see trouble with filling is when we keep getting late deliveries in, apart from that its a doddle.  The twilight team get anything from 20 cages to 70 cages depending on what day, month etc, they do back stock first then delivery and face up, simples!

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #36 on: 12-06-18, 09:58PM »
My manager ends up doing most of the shelf filling because he is to scared to take people in the office for going slow lol.

Doesnt want people going of with stress if they get a reprimand.

Im going to ask another question here:

I work nights but dont want to do OT on my isle or department but would like a change and do grocery is it my choice or will I be told that I have to do it on my department unless they dont need me?

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #37 on: 12-06-18, 10:24PM »
so, for clarification, we got told recently that we are to stop complaining about things not being done on days, days are there to look after customers, not to fill, do backstock, unload wagons, do anything other than tend to the customers needs, if we have a problem with that we should start looking for another job, because we as nights are there not to deal with customers, we don't have time for that, and to just fill the shelves, regardless of whether or not we have enough staff, it has to be presentable and nothing handed over in the morning, if there is stuff handed over, they want to know why, because it's unacceptable.

told if days do anything other than deal with customers, it's a bonus but shouldn't be expected as it's not their job, it's ours.

so that's our store's clarification with  the SM nearby and not speaking up about it... so nights really aren't happy, not like they weren't already.

Life after tossco

« Reply #38 on: 12-06-18, 10:43PM »
Simple all go on the go slow or better go on the sick. Just face up all night as say you wanted it presentable. All Tesco management are absolute idiots They treat nights like they are robots with no feelings and they think it's acceptable for being paid £2 more a hour which is a joke in itself. The £2 hour is for the unsociable hours, not for having to work or be treated like a slave. Some of the worst people I have ever come across or met has been management in Tesco!

VladPutin

• Smart Arse
« Reply #39 on: 13-06-18, 12:01AM »
so, for clarification, we got told recently that we are to stop complaining about things not being done on days, days are there to look after customers, not to fill, do backstock, unload wagons, do anything other than tend to the customers needs, if we have a problem with that we should start looking for another job, because we as nights are there not to deal with customers, we don't have time for that, and to just fill the shelves, regardless of whether or not we have enough staff, it has to be presentable and nothing handed over in the morning, if there is stuff handed over, they want to know why, because it's unacceptable.

told if days do anything other than deal with customers, it's a bonus but shouldn't be expected as it's not their job, it's ours.

so that's our store's clarification with  the SM nearby and not speaking up about it... so nights really aren't happy, not like they weren't already.

Whoever told you that is talking a load of excrement. Yes, we have to deal with customers on days. But a major part of that is making sure the stock is being worked constantly to ensure the customers have as big a range of lines to choose from as possible. The idea that days are exempt from filling shelves is so utterly ridiculous, even by the pathetic standards of tesco management, that it beggars belief. I'm on days, and I would laugh in the face of any manager who told me such nonsense.

I work one late shift a week. I always make sure to hand over the back stock to nights worked and post-sorted.
« Last Edit: 13-06-18, 12:03AM by VladPutin »

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 13-06-18, 01:08AM »
Work at a reasonable rate. If management are being idiots go off with stress and report them. Present the store as you go sometimes it will take all night. I agree night workers are treated like robots. Tesco seem to attract more than a fair share of MM jobsworths especially on nights. Never seen such disrespect for people on min pay who are only trying to help. Big children they are!

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #41 on: 13-06-18, 01:23AM »
i agree vlad, it's utter nonsense, so we're just doing as our day counterparts do, take our time, and not finish, it's stupid what our management is like, they just have absolutely no brain cells. night workers are definitely treated like robots, thats hitting the nail on the head.

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #42 on: 13-06-18, 08:44AM »
Simple all go on the go slow or better go on the sick. Just face up all night as say you wanted it presentable. All Tesco management are absolute idiots They treat nights like they are robots with no feelings and they think it's acceptable for being paid £2 more a hour which is a joke in itself. The £2 hour is for the unsociable hours, not for having to work or be treated like a slave. Some of the worst people I have ever come across or met has been management in Tesco!

As you call yourself "life after tossco" I assume you have left. Go get yourself that life then. I can't understand why anyone who has left still follows what is going on.
Also, the language is offensive, putting spaces between letters may only get you past the online checks.

Global Moderator Comment Life after tossco post moderated, slipped past moderators.

forrestgimp

• Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #43 on: 14-06-18, 01:02PM »
He/she/or whatever the rest of the choices are now a days has a point about the management though.....

world of their own

« Reply #44 on: 14-09-18, 02:24PM »
Can anyone provide me with a list of responsibilities of grocery night team using the scheduler.
For instance...promotion ends/stacks around the shop floor & what is the process of facing up.

Thanks.

The-shelf-filler

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #45 on: 14-09-18, 04:38PM »
Nights....days.....days....nights....it's all irrelevant as we are a 24 hour business and everyone should be filling the store as that is the sole purpose of having staff in a supermarket.

Any before anyone pipes up....I'm a night worker.