Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-09-19, 01:59AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60801
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 88
Total: 90

Author Topic: Wellness meeting, protocol/policy for returning to work after 6 week absence  (Read 4671 times)

brappy

I have been off work sick for 6 weeks now following a surgery, I am due to return to work tomorrow (Sunday), during my time off I have received no communication at all. I provided them with a new availability form before I went off sick as per their request, complete with a list of departments I would be able to do. I currently work on Grocery Twilight and I am unable to do any heavy lifting or stretching.

Anyway, I have just found out I'm due to have a "wellness meeting" on Tuesday, Two days after my return to work. Nothing has been set in place or changed to accommodate my new needs, where do I stand on this?
Should I even be getting a wellness meeting considering they didn't bother to contact me at 4weeks of absence, or at all?

I have a fit note that states what I'm capable of doing if that helps at all.

Should management have already made arrangements for me to return to work on a different department?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Morning brappy

Your fit note states what departments you are able to work and your capabilities. In your return to work meeting today, the manager should be aknowledging those capabilities and you'll probably find you've been allocated toilet tolls, crisps or cereal to fill.

When you return to work today, inform the duty manager of your return, and where should you wait for your welcome back meeting?? Under no circumstances accept being told to just go fill on a dept until you have the meeting.

With regard the procedures for contacting you whilst off sick....speak to your rep for the new guidelines.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
There is no 4 week timescale now if you had given store return to work date and the new absence policy it's you who should be contacting store with updates not then contacting you. The policy is on ourtesco.

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
Hi guys. I'm suffering from a bad back at the minute,I'm on medication too. How do I go about getting light duties? Last time I got a doctors note when I hurt my wrist my manager still stuck me on produce the same night. I'm a primary carer for my disabled wife and two kids so if my back goes completely we are all stuffed.

daveyp

You need to see your doctor and get another amended duties fit note again. Should have no issues then getting light duties as long as there’s something available for you to do in store that’s suitable.

dexter35yrs1

Sorry can't post new topic.  Have recently been off work at 4 weeks was given a letter for wellness meeting stating informal, got to the meeting and was told it's formal,  I asked why they said it's for mine and their protection.

So where do I stand regarding correct process ? and can they do a formal without first doing the informal ?

I want to make sure they follow the correct procedure, many thanks.

Global Moderator Comment Please read [you]VLH Supporter Benefits[/you]

Tommo1961

hi  I’m due to go in hospital for planned op. Possibly looking at 6 wks off.  Does this still go on % sick?  Am I right in thinking I don’t lose 3 waiting days for sick pay? 

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
When you have a sick note, the absence is counted towards your percentage, but you can't be disciplined for it, you will get a RTW though.

I think anything past 6 weeks counts as long term sick and has a different process with wellness meetings (it's either 1 month off or 6 weeks, can't remember which).

I think most cases of sick pay for store employees get 3 days knocked off. I'm fairly sure there is an exception for hospital operations however.
« Last Edit: 11-06-19, 04:42PM by NightAndDay »

DJL

• Know All
hi  I’m due to go in hospital for planned op. Possibly looking at 6 wks off.  Does this still go on % sick?  Am I right in thinking I don’t lose 3 waiting days for sick pay?
Will go on absence % but clearly a planned operation so will be removed from overall absence.

You will be paid from 1st day

Tommo1961

Thank you for replies.

Preacherpauly

• Regular Pain
Hi guys. I'm suffering from a bad back at the minute,I'm on medication too. How do I go about getting light duties? Last time I got a doctors note when I hurt my wrist my manager still stuck me on produce the same night. I'm a primary carer for my disabled wife and two kids so if my back goes completely we are all stuffed.

I know this old but this is what tesco's think of their low level staff.

ball park queen

I have been off sick now for 10 weeks following an op. The only contact I have had from my manager is 2 text messages asking me to go in for a meeting, Nothing was logged I go into store weekly to update what is happening as I still don't have a return date. I am concerned when I go back as to what I can actually do when I tried to talk about it in the meeting it was brushed away, It was mentioned to me about pensioned off due to ill health and that they could start the process immediately . I'm not sure what to do as I feel I will only be given the info they want me to have to be able to get rid rather than what is best for both.