Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-06-18, 10:52PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7900
  • Latest: Hassell
Stats
  • Total Posts: 76928
  • Total Topics: 1599
  • Online Today: 129
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 95
Total: 99

Author Topic: Tesco Direct RIP  (Read 14731 times)

notonfile

Re: Tesco Direct RIP
« Reply #100 on: 14-06-18, 04:12PM »
Any other stores in the same situation as us, our electrical/collection point is closing as with the remaining desks, however we've been told we won't be offered redundancy, staff are full time and have been told our hours are being absorbed elsewhere and us moved to a different department, not even having a consultation, all seems not right to me? any advice would be appreciated.       

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #101 on: 14-06-18, 06:22PM »

Since you are not being made redundant why should they offer you consultation ?  All they seem to be doing is moving one person from one department to another ,

We get upset when they make some redundant , then we seem to get upset when they dont ,

Am i correct in thinking you want redundancy ?

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #102 on: 14-06-18, 06:47PM »
@notsofunny , sometimes it's frustrating to have your choice taken away and be forced to work a department that you don't want to work in or have no interest in .
Also if this was being done through right hours brought place , staff should still have consultation meetings . If most of the staff are full time then the chances are they will end up having their hours split over 2 departments as there are very few departments with full time vacancies . It's very demoralizing  to be treated that way .

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #103 on: 14-06-18, 07:08PM »
Hmm tesco got smart.
I think they will do all whats possible to not to pay any redundancy.
I actually talked to guy at work. Hes got some friends in many stores afected by restructure.
At some of them they simply told ppl to move elsewhere with cut hours or f*** off.
His daughter was one of unlucky ones. 5 shifts to 3.

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #104 on: 15-06-18, 08:02AM »
Any other stores in the same situation as us, our electrical/collection point is closing as with the remaining desks, however we've been told we won't be offered redundancy, staff are full time and have been told our hours are being absorbed elsewhere and us moved to a different department, not even having a consultation, all seems not right to me? any advice would be appreciated.       
As long as your hours and working days stay the same they don't need to consult you. You are a customer assistant therefore you are 'expected' to go whereever you're needed.

fruitdogs

« Reply #105 on: 15-06-18, 05:31PM »
I count myself as very lucky. We have all been made redundant on our desk. They are not making us work any of the in lieu of notice either.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #106 on: 15-06-18, 09:15PM »
@notsofunny , sometimes it's frustrating to have your choice taken away and be forced to work a department that you don't want to work in or have no interest in .
Also if this was being done through right hours brought place , staff should still have consultation meetings . If most of the staff are full time then the chances are they will end up having their hours split over 2 departments as there are very few departments with full time vacancies . It's very demoralizing  to be treated that way .

It can be like you said , i was moved 2 times as a D/M in Express but each time they moved my job name and the job stayed the same those 2 times I was worried and did not want to lose my job , but the 3rd time last year i had no choice (But also was glad to be out  :D ;) ,)   so i can understand how some feel , But we all understand that not just Tesco but any other company are not going to give away money when they dont have to and if they did do that each time someone was moved departments it would be never ending ,

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #107 on: 16-06-18, 07:49AM »
But it seems odd that staff are being treated differently in different stores and in my opinion that is what leads to the frustration and mistrust !

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #108 on: 16-06-18, 12:21PM »
Agreed, and this is the cause of the low morale that seems to ve rife across the stores.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #109 on: 16-06-18, 01:06PM »
The managers do this and that then when you do same you are taken in for a waste of time conversation. Then you are hit with double the next night. In to the bargain living cost up wages down. The pr**ks can f*** off. A few have managed to keep pride but most have given up.