Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12-12-19, 08:40AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62855
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 71
Total: 75

Author Topic: Tesco Direct RIP  (Read 23383 times)

m360

• Know All
Re: Tesco Direct RIP
« Reply #25 on: 22-05-18, 10:03PM »
Love to know where you get your info from.

Large stores made over 1bn last year, far outstripping convenience.

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 22-05-18, 10:46PM »
so with the closure of Tesco direct due soon, when is the next double discount due so we can all make use of direct before they lay in to rest,

They have already said today if there is a double discount before 9th July Direct purchases will be exluded from double discount.

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #27 on: 22-05-18, 11:02PM »
m360 consistently shows he/she is well placed in the business, so don't doubt his/her last post.  However, I agree with Crocodile Dundee Centre that I think Expresses will be franchised off and supplied via Booker, thereby saving Tesco massive costs such as waste, shrink, sick pay, parental leave, overtime, any above statutory minimum terms and conditions such as holidays and shift premiums, rent, business rates, maintenance, training, etc, all of which would would pass to the franchisee.  Also, no need for a management structure above - all those group, people and operations managers, or others higher up the food chain such as directors and people partners.  I doubt m360 would be comfortable commenting on this if such decisions are coming down the track.

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 22-05-18, 11:03PM »
This company is a sorry excuse for a joke.
And the worst of it is that these numpties actually get paid for making such decisions.
All I can say is that I hope karma prevails and that there's a place for them in heaven.

What's stopping you or anyone else from applying for the job they do ? after all if you think you can do better why not ?,

As to karma  ??? you say one thing then hope they get a place in heaven  8-)

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 22-05-18, 11:18PM »
m360 consistently shows he/she is well placed in the business, so don't doubt his/her last post.  However, I agree with Crocodile Dundee Centre that I think Expresses will be franchised off and supplied via Booker, thereby saving Tesco massive costs such as waste, shrink, sick pay, parental leave, overtime, any above statutory minimum terms and conditions such as holidays and shift premiums, rent, business rates, maintenance, training, etc, all of which would would pass to the franchisee.  Also, no need for a management structure above - all those group, people and operations managers, or others higher up the food chain such as directors and people partners.  I doubt m360 would be comfortable commenting on this if such decisions are coming down the track.

all these costs would still have to be paid and added onto the bottm line ,, they dont just go away , or do you think that the franchise will pay them without having to charge someone for them  8-)? ,

Do I think that Tesco will give up the Express stores ,, No fuc......... way , and those that say they have heard so are talking Bull fuc.....shi

m360

• Know All
« Reply #30 on: 22-05-18, 11:50PM »

Hi Blutopia

Absolutely not in the pipeline at present.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #31 on: 23-05-18, 12:17AM »
Confused as there are changes coming in store too to non food as the Oakwood rep in our store has said we are losing mods on books cds games and DVDs . How will that look ! Argos will get a surge in certain items as tosco no longer sell them ???? Amazon and Argos must be rubbing their hands together.
AMazon and Argos are doing what they were designed to do, Tesco were just too late to the party and couldn't compete.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #32 on: 23-05-18, 12:21AM »
Sure, Tesco will retreat and now be licking their wounds but the question is, can those companies compete in our own backyard at what Tesco does best, Grocery, can they f***.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #33 on: 23-05-18, 12:24AM »
What next?? I reckon nonfood departments instore will go the same way as the opticians did i.e. another company will take it over
Non food is an obvious target in what is a big reset.

darklighter

• Know All
« Reply #34 on: 23-05-18, 12:27AM »
Brexit is selling us out to American companies.

Dougall

• Regular Pain
« Reply #35 on: 23-05-18, 02:10AM »
M360 are there any structure changes coming up in convenience?

NorthWave

• Regular Pain
« Reply #36 on: 23-05-18, 07:25AM »
 :D :D :D and the snowball keep rolling, rolling and then "SPLASH, HA HA". My GOD what  money does ! But is it money or the lack of intelligence  the big problem ?  :(  maybe if I buy the new iPhone I could get   8-) ...  :o look the new double discount is coming, what ? Corruption ? Who cares " THE SHOW MUST GO ON ". I am going on holidays  8).

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #37 on: 23-05-18, 09:18AM »
m360 - Thank you for the short but interesting reply.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #38 on: 23-05-18, 10:04AM »
so with the closure of Tesco direct due soon, when is the next double discount due so we can all make use of direct before they lay in to rest,
Reckon next double discount day will shortly after 1st June when we get our bonus.  Cant see it being to long after that, tosco won't want you spending it at Aldi or Amazon.

Totot

« Reply #39 on: 23-05-18, 10:50AM »
Nothing strange about it, tesco didnt choose those product carefully, no strategy potent enough, plus tesco website is one of the worst ui wise.Search engine thinkered too much and too dumb as search engine. Logic database is annoying.

But again tesco stuck in the 80's and 90's.  We just have change all the fresh isle, another "experiment" product and "scientifically proven psychologically " layout to make the customer buy more.....really in 2018?

Really wonder sometimes, business wise, choosing line of product, cost of product and cost of operation are really important.Along with delivering amount and type of supply on delivery need to be careful to avoid using too much resources. But these two field that im sure someone got paid alot for that, most of the time fail badly, are those people dont get sacked because where i come from they would.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 23-05-18, 10:54AM »
M360 are there any structure changes coming up in convenience?

No further structure changes planned for express or metro at any level at the moment. No plans for express to be franchised, more likely to see more new franchised one stops opening or current booker symbol group stores turning into franchised one stops over the next year or so.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

notsofunny

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #41 on: 23-05-18, 12:47PM »
Reckon next double discount day will shortly after 1st June when we get our bonus.  Cant see it being to long after that, tosco won't want you spending it at Aldi or Amazon.

They have a reason why they have it the same time of the year , and it has nothing to do with wanting you to spend your money in store ,

And I think i have read on this site that they will not be allowing us to buy from Tesco direct during this time  :(,,
« Last Edit: 23-05-18, 12:55PM by notsofunny »

StinkyPoo

• Regular Pain
« Reply #42 on: 23-05-18, 01:42PM »
Does this mean the click and collect staff get redundancy?

AlexM

• Know All
« Reply #43 on: 23-05-18, 01:56PM »
Closing direct is hardly surprising news. I used to shop on it a lot up until about 2 years ago when it just seemed to get really expensive. I bought a folding table from IKEA for £16 that was £40 for the exact same thing on Tesco direct!

It was convenient to have click & collect. But, I can now get that with Argos & Sainsbury's who can do it for the same day. Today I've bought something from Argos online & I can go pick it up from Sainsbury's after 4pm today. My local Sainsbury's is right next door to my local Tesco! Argos also can deliver the same day for about £4, compared to Tesco costing about £7 & taking up to a week.

Tesco can't really compete with that level of service.

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #44 on: 23-05-18, 02:10PM »
Does this mean the click and collect staff get redundancy?

Only colleagues at fennylock and colleagues in the direct department in Dundee not staff instore.

fruitdogs

« Reply #45 on: 23-05-18, 02:26PM »
Where does it say store staff don't get redundancy. That was not what we were told.

Flunky

« Reply #46 on: 23-05-18, 03:33PM »
Does anyone know of any upcoming restructure ??

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #47 on: 23-05-18, 03:38PM »
Heard rumours store colleagues will be multiskilled across multiple departments within a set amount of time. Those unwilling or unable to will be managed out.

fargone

• Smart Arse
« Reply #48 on: 23-05-18, 03:59PM »
Taking on the likes of Amazon or ebay was always going to end in tears.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #49 on: 23-05-18, 04:16PM »
Heard rumours store colleagues will be multiskilled across multiple departments within a set amount of time. Those unwilling or unable to will be managed out.

Heard this for years then a delivery comes as usual and it’s who can do the job the quickest no time for training.