Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-08-18, 05:43AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 79738
  • Total Topics: 1660
  • Online Today: 78
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 73
Total: 74

Author Topic: Leaving Tesco.  (Read 4191 times)

Indigone

• VLH Supporter
Leaving Tesco.
« on: 11-05-18, 03:10PM »
Hi, I’m wondering what would happen with regards to pay if I leave before the end of my current notice period?

Hishanhi

Re: Leaving Tesco.
« Reply #1 on: 11-05-18, 05:13PM »
Hi I'm wondering if anybody can help me and I'm unsure how to start my own post if I was to hand in my notice now does that mean I would loose the bonus .. I have been at Tesco for 2 years

Fair play

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #2 on: 11-05-18, 05:34PM »
Have to still be employed with Tesco on the 23rd May to receive the bonus

Life after tossco

« Reply #3 on: 11-05-18, 05:50PM »
Simple just go on the sick!

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 11-05-18, 06:33PM »
Leaving Tesco this thread is like the Heaven of VLH. Come the end of next month this will be me. Can’t come soon enough. The managers are slowly being left with all the flexi staff who usually leave as soon as they find a better job with more garaunteed hours. You only have a handful doing 5 days now. Going to pick a nice busy shift to walk out without telling anyone. Hopefully the management don’t discover until shift end that the delivery has been buried.  A visit to the doctor for a work related stress sick line and the sick pay will roll in. Leavers form that will be right.  :)

Hishanhi

« Reply #5 on: 11-05-18, 07:06PM »
So if I hand my notice in on the 23rd will I still get it I've been told you have to be employed on 1st June

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 11-05-18, 07:35PM »
In all honesty, leaving that shambles of a company is the best thing you can do. If you feel you need to get out, do it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 11-05-18, 08:38PM »
So if I hand my notice in on the 23rd will I still get it I've been told you have to be employed on 1st June

If you have been told you have to be employed on the 1st to get it , then simply work out what your notice is and if you will still be working on the 1st ,

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #8 on: 11-05-18, 09:46PM »
At the moment i recommend to stay till 30 of may as last working day/night. Then inform company u r not coming on 1st of june.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 11-05-18, 10:05PM »
You'd be amazed how many went across the company last year when the bonus money was in the wages, I just hope those who walked out or never came back that weekend actually had something else lined up and did not just get a bit c**ky due to having a few hundred quid extra wages.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #10 on: 11-05-18, 10:12PM »
Just remember, holiday taken and not earned will have to be paid back, bank hols are earned across the year not in bank hol order, and if you leave on Friday payday Tesco pays that week in advance so you will owe the Sat*rday shift back if contracted.

Many get caught out and argue payroll is wrong, in these cases payroll is never wrong, other than that good luck with life after Tesco!

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #11 on: 11-05-18, 10:31PM »
Hi, I’m wondering what would happen with regards to pay if I leave before the end of my current notice period?

Global Moderator Comment Does anyone have any advice for Indigone?

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #12 on: 11-05-18, 10:38PM »
Leave before your notice and you will be paid for any hours worked, any holidays taken but not earned will de deducted from your final pay. Basically you will be classed as breaking your contract and will most likely be told no should you ever try to return to Tesco as a member of staff.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #13 on: 11-05-18, 10:54PM »
If you leave before completed your notice if you request a reference the line “Would re-employee again” or something like that would be removed.

Saying that it’s only a week you have to give so why the fuss?

Princess2016

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #14 on: 12-05-18, 01:09PM »
I left after I got my bonus last year. 8 years of Tesco s***e and I’m freeeee. Get out ASAP. It’ll be the best decision you ever make  :D:D:D

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 12-05-18, 01:26PM »
@ Princess2016

Couldn't agree more  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 12-05-18, 01:36PM »
Hope you are all right I have been going to leave for a while but decided to hang out incase of redundancy. Will miss the carry on especially with alleged superiors.  :)

Hishanhi

« Reply #17 on: 12-05-18, 05:32PM »
I have a new job I'm due to start on may 28th but really don't want to forfit my bonus as it's earned from last year ! I don't want to leave on bad terms but I also don't want return , iv asked and basically the reply I got from a member of staff was once the money has hit your account there's nothing you can do , I was planning to give a weeks notice on cut off date but been told wages can still be reversed

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 12-05-18, 06:57PM »
I should be leaving myself later this year, as I'm in the process off setting up my own business, time to get out of Tesco and back into the grown ups world, my mind was made up when I went in just after Christmas to find staff in the back dressed as bananas trying to lecture me on eating fruit. If anyone could tell me how that serves shoppers better every day I would love to be enlightened.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #19 on: 12-05-18, 08:34PM »
@ penguin

They just fiddle away while it all burns.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #20 on: 12-05-18, 08:34PM »
Hishani, can you work both at once, until the bonus is through? Or takes hols?

Indigone

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #21 on: 13-05-18, 10:38AM »
I ended up leaving anyway. Not even the bonus was enough to keep me for a few extra weeks. So glad to finally be free. My boss has caused nothing but problems since they started for me and the PM couldn’t give an actual damn about the staff.

stockrotateman

• Smart Arse
« Reply #22 on: 13-05-18, 11:42AM »
Hishanhi. To get the bonus as someone has already stated you will have to be employed by tesco on the 23rd of may, when I left last year I went in on my day off found my senior manager handed over my locker key, uniform,clock card, and discount card. Explained I was resigning with immediate effect, my resignation letter said, name address date, then I wrote to tosco plc, tosco stores, as of ( the date your leaving) I terminate my employment with tosco then sign it and print your name underneath, now any holidays bank holidays will be taken in your next pay day or any other monies owing, or you can give them the week of the bonus as your leaving week up to you really.

Hishanhi

« Reply #23 on: 13-05-18, 12:09PM »
I could work up until the 25th then give in my immediate notice I am not fussed about doing that I just don't want to get myself in trouble.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #24 on: 13-05-18, 01:14PM »
Terminating your contract with immediate effect in writing is often the advice if you wish to resign right away.  Tesco policy is a weeks notice, but your not breaking any law by resigning immediately in writing.  If anything it's pure entertainment watching the looks on their faces as they read it.