Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-05-18, 05:03AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 76339
  • Total Topics: 1580
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 71
Total: 75

Author Topic: Manager not backing up staff  (Read 6178 times)

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Manager not backing up staff
« Reply #50 on: 15-05-18, 01:38PM »
 :thumbup:

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #51 on: 16-05-18, 12:57AM »
Sometimes you can’t win, a manager in our store backed up a colleague at self serve proxy sale, group of younger customers buying beer and a couple of other age restricted products, 1 had id the others didn’t, colleague refused sale, manager agreed, an hour later angry parent at Csd manager explained why refused, still no happier. An hour later call from Cec who actually agreed with us, next day call from Dave Lewis office, manager told to apologise or face disciplinary action, he took a warning.

These days if the customer wants something they get it regardless, sometimes it’s better to cave in at the start.

Not being funny but I dont believe anyone from Dave Lewis's office wouldn't get involved to that degree in what amounts to a local issue especially when you consider they applied the policy to the letter from what has been stated. Now sure what you hoped to gain with that but lol.

Because what usually happens is staff deal reasonably with someone who is in the wrong in some way, next thing that customer is on Facebook or e-mail saying how rude and horrible the staff in the store were, I'm never shopping in any Tesco again and I'm telling all my mates not to go to that shop, customer knows full well someone from head office or customer service will be in touch offering a goodwill gesture to win them round. I've seen it happen time and time again over the last few years.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #52 on: 16-05-18, 11:09AM »
Lucky it wasn't a set-up for a police check then - and, yes, they do do that.