Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
06-12-19, 01:26PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62732
  • Total Topics: 1103
  • Online Today: 150
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Intimidated at work  (Read 11070 times)

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
Re: Intimidated at work
« Reply #25 on: 18-07-18, 08:48AM »
How do I access this years wmty I want to report a lead manager who is treating staff like slaves. 

my little pony

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #26 on: 30-10-18, 01:22PM »
Where do I find the protector line number? Thanks

• Regular Pain
« Reply #27 on: 30-10-18, 03:38PM »
The protector line number is:
Landline Freephone: 0800 374199

my little pony

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #28 on: 31-10-18, 09:12AM »
Thank you

Roadrunner69

« Reply #29 on: 31-10-18, 11:34AM »
One useful piece of advice to anyone being bullied or intimidated at work is to use the sound recorder on your phone to record any confrontations (just set it going and leave it in your top pocket). It won't be admissible in any hearing but a transcript will be, and you'll have the evidence to back up your claims. As a dot com driver I've used it very effectively with customers known to be abusive or extremely awkward on several occasions. With Tesco arse covering is essential.

Walker

• Know All
« Reply #30 on: 31-10-18, 12:01PM »
I would advise talking to your union rep before making any recordings at work since the data protection law is now much stricter than it used to be.

Roadrunner69

« Reply #31 on: 31-10-18, 12:54PM »
As long as it's for personal use (for transcription purposes) there's no problem. While it can't be shared or used as direct evidence it's still very handy for getting managers on your side once it's heard in private.

bugsbunny

• Regular Pain
« Reply #32 on: 23-04-19, 03:26PM »
In my store if us .com pickers are not achieving our pick rates we are being taken into an office by the .com manager and being given warnings, monitored, being told to leave, is this happening throughout the company?, the atmosphere is awful, people are upset, worried ,scared, strange that it is mainly happening to older long serving members of staff. Is this happening in every store.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 23-04-19, 04:23PM »
And are these warnings being written down anywhere, also the threat of monitoring or being told to leave. Do you have a rep present at these meetings. What does the manager mean by monitoring?? If he means CCTV then he's wrong as its not to be used for staff productivity. Also being told to leave, on what grounds. There's quite a few procedures to go down with regard staff productivity and he's bluffing.

If, as you say, there are a lot of your team feeling upset etc....then the way to go is to put in a group grievance for bullying against your manager.

I am unaware of this happening in my store, but then their manager is an old timer herself, and worked alongside the majority of her team for years, there is too much mutual respect for this kind of thing to happen.

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Ibanker2

« Reply #34 on: 23-04-19, 09:36PM »
You can be performance managed. It is a process. Not threats but you have to know that if you don't you can get to end of process and lose your job.