Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-07-19, 09:46AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58121
  • Total Topics: 1030
  • Online Today: 158
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Dot com ‘rules’  (Read 36519 times)

Bekk

Re: Dot com ‘rules’
« Reply #200 on: 26-01-19, 07:20PM »
Our dotcom dept has just started a scary new rule which I wonder if other stores have?

Our managers now do daily checks to see if they can find the items we've subbed. Most of our pickers do a diligent job but very occasionally we might not notice the one remaining item, a bit out of place behind some other product. But our managers will find it (with a smug grin no doubt).

We now have to sign a written note saying we missed the item. And if it happens just once more, we're told that we will be 'investigated'.
Quite a few of my colleagues have already been 'investigated'.

Phoneshopguy

« Reply #201 on: 26-01-19, 08:29PM »
In the 4 shops I've worked in with dotcom all have done availability checks. People pay for items and they want the items they have ordered, it takes an extra 3 seconds on a mod to check for the item in a slightly different location.

I don't see the issue here.

Adamadamant

« Reply #202 on: 26-01-19, 11:16PM »
Our dotcom dept has just started a scary new rule which I wonder if other stores have?

Our managers now do daily checks to see if they can find the items we've subbed. Most of our pickers do a diligent job but very occasionally we might not notice the one remaining item, a bit out of place behind some other product. But our managers will find it (with a smug grin no doubt).

We now have to sign a written note saying we missed the item. And if it happens just once more, we're told that we will be 'investigated'.
Quite a few of my colleagues have already been 'investigated'.
And people who “miss” items are just lazy Naffers

bigbangtheory

« Reply #203 on: 26-01-19, 11:33PM »
In my store we do tray checks but it is one from a security stand point, as in we are checking to make sure the tray contains the exact number of items there should be. It’s the dotcom manager who does the checks regarding availability.

Ford Torino

« Reply #204 on: 02-02-19, 01:57PM »
Oh, I remember an absolutely pathetic one from a few years ago. Due to the fact that so many people were sending trolleys back leaving the stuff they couldn't find and therefore generating a new label for someone else to pick, they actually had someone standing at the door checking each team pad to make sure everything had been picked before allowing them through. Pickers were queueing up on the shop floor for the gatekeeper to grant entry.

Er...what? This isn't a bunch of lovable rogues, cads and bounders who would cheat to win the race if they knew they could get away with it. This is simply what is expected in the job. If I was in charge of the department, I'd explain from the beginning that trolleys had to be completed before returned. Simple. And if in the unlikely event it turned out that anybody was deliberately flouting that rule, they would no longer be working for the department.

Not just treating all pickers as if they were potential Terry-Thomases.

bugsbunny

• Regular Pain
« Reply #205 on: 29-05-19, 04:09PM »
Went into work this morning to be told our pick rate has changed and is now 166 has this been  changed throughout  the company? Most of us struggled to reach 142 but now this new pick rate is ridiculous

ReliantSkydiver

« Reply #206 on: 29-05-19, 04:54PM »
@ bugsbunny. I'd be asking what advances to the system have been implemented overnight to enable you to be able to achieve this? I.e. a 16.9% increase in pick rate should be offset by a 16.9% increase in operational/technical advancement in the systems (for example).

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #207 on: 29-05-19, 06:21PM »
There will always be someone who is consistently 200 why can’t you just be like them  :)

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #208 on: 02-06-19, 09:52PM »
Anyone else heard of upcoming boundary changes in dotcom?

rogerthedodger

« Reply #209 on: 14-06-19, 08:56AM »
Any news on a change? Refresh to drivers hours???

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #210 on: 14-06-19, 04:24PM »
Heard theres an ongoing trial regarding 12 hour day shifts. Dont know if there's any one else heard anything?

DotcomLad

« Reply #211 on: 14-06-19, 08:07PM »
Anyone else heard of upcoming boundary changes in dotcom?

Heard today about the boundary changes or merging stores not sure if it’s just gossip or it’s in the pipelines

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #212 on: 14-06-19, 09:42PM »
Some stores in East Anglia have already had boundary changes made.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #213 on: 15-06-19, 08:59AM »
Heard theres an ongoing trial regarding 12 hour day shifts. Dont know if there's any one else heard anything?

12 hours. I would live inside Tesco.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #214 on: 15-06-19, 09:00AM »
Not sure how a 12 hour shift would optimise van usage?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

DotcomLad

« Reply #215 on: 15-06-19, 03:45PM »
Some stores in East Anglia have already had boundary changes made.

Hey, do you know what stores have had the change in east Anglia ? Cheers

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #216 on: 15-06-19, 10:06PM »
Ely Wisbech Thetford Dereham Kings Lynn

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #217 on: 16-06-19, 08:31AM »
Have there been any new dotcom stores opened in East Anglia to cause the boundary changes?

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #218 on: 16-06-19, 03:26PM »
No just Thetford didn't have the drivers to service the large area they had so certain postcodes were given to other stores and they swapped a few about.

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #219 on: 17-06-19, 07:41AM »
A 12 hour day is very close to the legal limit under UK law; you must not be on duty anymore than 11 hours in a working day.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #220 on: 17-06-19, 07:55AM »
So then how could you do a 12 hour shift?

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #221 on: 17-06-19, 08:15AM »
If you are employed as a driver of a 3.5 ton van, you cannot be on duty more than 11 hours in any 24hr period with a maximum of 10 hours at the wheel in this given 11hr duty period. Therefore how can the drivers be put on 12 hour shifts?

AmberWolf

« Reply #222 on: 17-06-19, 11:18AM »
Sorry the above is wrong :(

weekly working time must not exceed an average of 48 hours per week over the reference period - a maximum working time of 60 hours can be performed in any single week providing the average 48-hour limit is not exceeded
night work: if night work is performed, working time must not exceed 10 hours in any 24-hour period. Night time is the period between 00.00 and 04.00 for goods vehicles and between 01.00 and 05.00 for passenger vehicles. The 10-hour limit may be exceeded if this is permitted under a collective or workforce agreement
breaks:
mobile workers must not work more than 6 consecutive hours without taking a break
if your working hours total between 6 and 9 hours, working time should be interrupted by a break or breaks totalling at least 30 minutes
if your working hours total more than 9 hours, working time should be interrupted by a break or breaks totalling at least 45 minutes
breaks should be of at least 15 minutes’ duration
rest: the regulations are the same as the EU or AETR drivers’ hours rules
record keeping: records need to be kept for two years after the period in question
The reference period for calculating the 48-hour week is normally 17 weeks, but it can be extended to 26 weeks if this is permitted under a collective or workforce agreement.

There is no ‘opt-out’ for individuals wishing to work longer than an average 48-hour week, but breaks and ‘periods of availability’ do not count as working time.

AmberWolf

« Reply #223 on: 17-06-19, 11:20AM »
The above is as posted on gov.uk website

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #224 on: 17-06-19, 11:35AM »
So then how could you do a 12 hour shift?
I assume that includes the mandatory one hour mid-shift break.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"