Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-06-19, 07:13AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7876
  • Latest: Xeontom
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58413
  • Total Topics: 1025
  • Online Today: 132
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Dot com ‘rules’  (Read 35391 times)

• Know All
Re: Dot com ‘rules’
« Reply #175 on: 02-11-18, 02:48PM »
"big changes" :question:

Tell them to speak to you when they have some information.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #176 on: 02-11-18, 02:51PM »
Yeah doesn't it p**s you off when someone tells you something like that but then won't tell you what the changes are >:(

• Know All
« Reply #177 on: 02-11-18, 03:04PM »
There is enough legitimate reasons why people are hacked off without these clowns spouting drivel.

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #178 on: 03-11-18, 07:12PM »
In our group (East Anglia), there are delivery area changes coming along.
But why on earth do they want to do it on the run up to one of the busiest times of the year is beyond me.

daveyp

« Reply #179 on: 03-11-18, 08:19PM »
does anyone know whats happening?

saiwha

« Reply #180 on: 04-11-18, 09:10AM »
Are these the same changes that you heard were going to be implemented at the end of September?

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #181 on: 04-11-18, 09:45AM »
Dunno.

Dorothy C

« Reply #182 on: 04-11-18, 06:24PM »
Heard today from our driver trainer that there are going to be big changes in Dotcom during November, anyone else heard anything??

Yes they are going to be trained about  van driving  regulations in the UK/

• Know All
« Reply #183 on: 04-11-18, 07:34PM »
In our group (East Anglia), there are delivery area changes coming along.
But why on earth do they want to do it on the run up to one of the busiest times of the year is beyond me.

Who cares why. Just put your agreed hours in and go. It's the 4th of November and our store is dead. Even with Halloween, Christmas and bonfire sales all happening at once.

m360

• Know All
« Reply #184 on: 05-11-18, 07:43AM »
There’s online training in November around U.K. Driving Regulations for all dot com managers and CDDs.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #185 on: 05-11-18, 08:21AM »
Thanks m360. Your info is always appreciated  :thumbup:

Ford Torino

« Reply #186 on: 14-11-18, 05:45PM »
Has anyone ever been hauled over the coals because of their availability? I find it a mixture of amusing and downright pathetic when we're having our daily Team 5, and after mentioning the department availability for the previous day, it'll often be followed with a "...well it's not really down to you guys...but try to keep it up anyway..."

No, it isn't down to pickers - so why is it used as an indicator of their personal performance? I'm sure they wouldn't start on me now because I've already told them of my scorn about this, and it generally seems to be newcomers they like to intimidate. But personally, I would LOVE to be told off for having bad availability, simply because I could ask them for practical solutions to counter my unacceptable behaviour.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #187 on: 23-12-18, 06:06PM »
If they are performance managing you then they have got to according to the rules make sure you have the tools to do the job with and that includes the store being mapped correctly so when you go to mod 3 shelf 4 3 items in what you want is there and you do not have to go hunting, nor are you to be expected to go to the warehouse to pick either you pick from the shop floor only.

• Know All
« Reply #188 on: 24-12-18, 04:27PM »
"Performance managed"  :D Tell them to f off.

Tikoloshe

« Reply #189 on: 19-01-19, 10:48PM »
Anyone worked out the answer to 11 hours rest period between shifts? Ours went from illegal and massive shift overhaul to people being asked to come in, get paid but NOT clock in or out.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #190 on: 20-01-19, 10:14AM »
Are you saying you are still running illegal shift patterns?   :o
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #191 on: 20-01-19, 10:59AM »
To paraphrase the Man of Steel from Batman vs Superman,

"Dot Com is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy". >:D

Seriously, dot comedy is a waste of time and resources. Bin them.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #192 on: 20-01-19, 11:03AM »
We still have a couple of drivers working illegal shift patterns even after the supposed changes. Manager & team leaders still don't seem to know the law. Also lots of drivers being asked to work overtime shifts which are illegal.

Tikoloshe

« Reply #193 on: 20-01-19, 11:25AM »

Yup. Drivers asked not to sign in and out but show up and get paid. I'm assuming this invalidates insurance, means drivers are stuffed if there is an accident or fire in the building. Also surely that's book fiddling?

Corporate that size singing about profits and execs walking off with chunky bonuses should know better.

blueberet

« Reply #194 on: 22-01-19, 12:18AM »
Are there any rules that a team support would be breaking by giving the easy runs to his favourites?

rogerthedodger

« Reply #195 on: 22-01-19, 08:59AM »
0800 374199 Any store being asked to do anything like that need to report it, the whole thing is a shambles and should have been looked at by now. The company will hide behind the new training the drivers and managers will b responsible 

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #196 on: 22-01-19, 09:56AM »

Yup. Drivers asked not to sign in and out but show up and get paid. I'm assuming this invalidates insurance, means drivers are stuffed if there is an accident or fire in the building. Also surely that's book fiddling?
Are they also being asked to falsify the van log book entries?  All in all this is serious s*** and the drivers and the union reps should be telling the managers a big fat NO!

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #197 on: 22-01-19, 10:47AM »
Are there any rules that a team support would be breaking by giving the easy runs to his favourites?
Runs top to bottom through life, prime ministers' have their friends in cabinet ( or the enemies they need to keep close ) council gang leaders give their favourite road sweepers the shortest roads.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #198 on: 22-01-19, 03:47PM »

Are they also being asked to falsify the van log book entries?  All in all this is serious s*** and the drivers and the union reps should be telling the managers a big fat NO!
To expand on that, although I am not a legal expert, I suspect your managers are exposing themselves to criminal charges up to and including corporate manslaughter in the case of a driver involved in a fatal accident while driving outside the legally permitted hours.

Tikoloshe

« Reply #199 on: 22-01-19, 06:37PM »

as far as I know - That's a no to log books but will find out.