Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15-10-18, 12:36PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81049
  • Total Topics: 1707
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Dot com ‘rules’  (Read 20741 times)

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Dot com ‘rules’
« Reply #150 on: 29-08-18, 09:18PM »
Call the protector line if you are being made to work illegal shifts

Bartdude

« Reply #151 on: 02-09-18, 10:32AM »
I'm having trouble agreeing the new rota. There's certain days if the week I cannot work due to existing family commitments. Any advice?

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #152 on: 02-09-18, 10:55AM »
I'm in same situation. They asked me to fill out availability form then they are asking me to do shifts I didn't put on it! Also we have a few drivers that have other driving jobs outside Tesco that haven't even been given the driving declaration form to fill in!

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #153 on: 05-09-18, 02:52PM »
Heard on the grapevine a few days ago that the new driver shift patterns are only a temp measure as there are more changes coming in next few months. Possibly changing the whole shift patterns with van waves going out at different times. Anyone else heard similar or is this just another rumour?

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #154 on: 05-09-18, 07:36PM »
@fatboy this was mentioned in our store this week..the drivers were having a discussion about it.
The worlds me lobster

rogerthedodger

« Reply #155 on: 06-09-18, 12:57PM »
The Truth is no one knows what’s going on, the big wigs can’t get their heads around it as they’ve don’t understand the logistics from a shop point of view, to run effectively and legally the driving population is under staffed, so not even enough to cover holidays, legal as 6 days maximum work minimum 1hr break so afternoon to night don’t work and can’t do a day after an evening. It’s insane.

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #156 on: 07-09-18, 08:01AM »
Hi. I'm a dotcom driver in the south of England. We've just had the upper limit removed on the amount of deliveries we can do in 1 run. I know a few other stores close by that are the same & just wondered if this has happened everywhere?

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #157 on: 07-09-18, 11:37AM »
Ours has been a max of 17 for a while now. Can't see how they would get many more on the van tbh. We leave near our max weight quite often now.

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #158 on: 10-09-18, 07:34PM »
Been told by my manager today that even though new rotas have been put in place to ensure drivers are driving legally, they are all going to be changed again at the end of the month! Something fishy going on me thinks!

Tambrath

« Reply #159 on: 18-09-18, 06:45PM »
The runs are getting heavier and heavier and trying to squeeze more in yet no more time as they said we have enough , people going off with bad backs strains but no one listens

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #160 on: 18-09-18, 07:58PM »
Same in our store. There is always someone off with back problems, but no one seems to care.  The runs just keep getting heavier.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #161 on: 18-09-18, 08:36PM »
Same in our store.. the night runs were supposed to be capped to allieviate the problems caused with the driving rotas.. but it seems that some idiot capped the morning and afternoon runs and there are actually more deliveries and vans out this evening...beggars belief. :'( :'( :'(
The worlds me lobster

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #162 on: 23-09-18, 10:39AM »
Anyone have any info yet on what's happening with dotcom drivers at the end of the month regarding hours/shift patterns etc? Heard something is in the pipeline.

« Reply #163 on: 23-09-18, 09:42PM »
Same in our store. There is always someone off with back problems, but no one seems to care.  The runs just keep getting heavier.

Last time I got my shooping delivered the driver met me at the door moaning about how his run was heavy and he had a effed back and was meant to be on light duties. It was like another day at work. The place is not perfect but where is. The constant negativity from staff and managers is too much. I order continually to help the company I work for but you can understand why people don't.

ZyDer

« Reply #164 on: 23-09-18, 10:10PM »
Hi Fatboy.
You seem to be the only one who has heard this.
See if you can push your manager for info

Make up some possible change in domestics for the reason you need to know, change of kids school, wife's hours.... that sort of thing

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #165 on: 23-09-18, 10:30PM »
Last time I got my shooping delivered the driver met me at the door moaning about how his run was heavy and he had a effed back and was meant to be on light duties
I don't think that is on.  A rule of thumb is not to make my problems the customer's problem.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

saiwha

« Reply #166 on: 28-09-18, 12:21AM »
We are still capping the number of night vans in my store around 75% capacity, it amazes me that 7 weeks later they still haven't come up with some sort of solution to this.

The best my manager has come up with is to p**s off all the part time workers who are on flexi contracts and just putting them in for shifts they haven't even agreed to. Is this happening in other stores?

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #167 on: 28-09-18, 08:40AM »
Our shifts were all revised and sorted within two weeks.  Mind we only have five vans and about 15 drivers to think about.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

« Reply #168 on: 28-09-18, 03:24PM »
We are still capping the number of night vans in my store around 75% capacity, it amazes me that 7 weeks later they still haven't come up with some sort of solution to this.

The best my manager has come up with is to p**s off all the part time workers who are on flexi contracts and just putting them in for shifts they haven't even agreed to. Is this happening in other stores?

Yes

rogerthedodger

« Reply #169 on: 05-10-18, 06:46PM »
Still no long term solution, nothing from the union nothing official in writing and for some bizzare reason nothing made the press?

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #170 on: 05-10-18, 10:19PM »
No long term solution to what?? Everyone's now working legal hours. We have new Rotas & shift patterns which means we now work legally. So what do we need a solution to??

saiwha

« Reply #171 on: 08-10-18, 12:50AM »
We may all be working legally but my store still has a cap. I guess since we are one of the larger .com departments in the country we are struggling more than others, a couple of days last week only 60% of the night vans were out. Obviously all this "project pandora" is the cause but the incompetency of the management team has compounded the issue, some new drivers are waiting >1month for their CRC and due to the toxic environment the .com manager has created in our department he can't keep half of them once they get cleared and experienced drivers are leaving by the bucket full. It amazes me that he is still in a job.

fatboy

• Regular Pain
« Reply #172 on: 08-10-18, 08:22AM »
What is project Pandora? That's a new one to me!!

saiwha

« Reply #173 on: 10-10-18, 11:31AM »
Project pandora was the code name for all this legal working mess