Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12-12-19, 08:39AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62855
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 73
Total: 75

Author Topic: Dot com ‘rules’  (Read 41064 times)

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Re: Dot com ‘rules’
« Reply #25 on: 07-04-18, 09:15PM »
I agree with VladPutin.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 08-04-18, 09:06AM »
Why do people feel the need to stab others on the back who are essentially on minimum wage. When offering news starts these wages and low hours do people honestly expect them to care. :thumbdown:

ToasterLaptop

« Reply #27 on: 08-04-18, 06:19PM »
Regarding the .com management AND the Evergreen situation (Place holder names will be used):
Our Store Manager Neil (who is trying his best to pull our store out of the trash can) gave out .com department the Evergreen lowdown. There were many questions from our group (and me) And although Negativity was-a-stiring, we actually like Neil and some of his points were valid,(Our store apparently had/has Local-isms that only our store did and were apparently a No-No) We had a new way of picking. And it was good.

...For about a week. Our Picker manager Doris was on a three week holiday during that time, and when they returned, she essentially said in their first team5 back 'Ha Ha lol Nope.' To which I rebutted 'Did this come from the Neil?'  Looking back on it, there was a pause before Doris said 'huh?' with a nod.  'Yeah'. We're both short, and we were on other sides of all the labeled so i marked it down to her incompetence, but accepted that and along with everyone else, we were annoyed that management could make up their mind.

Monday comes (My day off) and I am speaking with my partners Mother (we all work in .com) mentioned That Jack (One of our super pickers who aint afraid of nobody) spoke to Neil, asking him if he new anything about What Doris had said, as Some pickers were absent, and there are two different stories going around... Neil Told Jack he had no idea Doris had said any of that.

I was Furious. It was a literal raised eyebrow heart pumping moment. With 40+ witnesses, Doris had bare face lied to a direct question.

Doris has a habit of doing stuff no managerial .e.g Calling in sick and then posting party photos the following day. Apparently They have been a manger since 2000 and I don't know how. She is dreadful at managing people.

@Twinkletoes

I both have to laugh at most of what you said but then, I agree with the pillaging statement. Yes. Absolutely. We pickers do pillage departments. We are more ravenous than Dial-a-Ride day OAPs, However that is also our job.
Sundays are a prime example.
From 6am to 9:30, there is virtually only .com in the store. The three milk cages of S/Skimmed 4 pints are gone within 2 hours and no chilled staff is, well,  staffed until 9:30 when the doors open, meaning we have to substitute the milk for some other kind because heavens forbid we go into the chiller and bring a cage out ourselves, and the whole ransacking begins over again.

If you think that we are clearing the shelves too quickly, your department head should prepare you for that.

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 08-04-18, 07:49PM »
@ToasterLaptop it must be a Dot.com thing coz the TM of our Dot.com couldn't lie straight in bed and basically just blames all of his mistakes/ineptness or anything he wants to back heel on our team support who by the way is a hardworking, fair-minded credit to our dept. and to the company. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
The worlds me lobster

Ford Torino

« Reply #29 on: 28-04-18, 07:26AM »
A couple of years ago, yet another of our shop floor chillers had been down for a few days, and there were several cages and trays of cheese in the back. During a Team 5, our then manager told us in his usual incredulous, "I-can't-believe-how-stupid-you-all-are" voice that we should just tell any customer asking about the cheese that it had all been wasted. We COULD tell them it was in the back and look for it, but that was our own discretion and we should remember it would affect our pick rate.

It's one thing for a member of staff to tell a barefaced lie to a customer. It's another for a manager to publicly berate us for not doing so.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 28-04-18, 11:53AM »
Ford Torino

The chiller in our place breaks down too. The fridges are even worse sometimes breaking all at the same time and there is not enough wet floor signs to cover every aisles with leeks. The managers are as condescending as ever. We are not managing to fool any customers they are disappearing to Aldi because they can see through the lies, high prices, falling standards and stressed out staff.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 28-04-18, 02:48PM »
Surely the only aisle with leeks is in the fresh produce section?  :D
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 28-04-18, 05:32PM »
Nah!! Someone's already pea'd all over that section ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Dotcom2970

« Reply #33 on: 06-05-18, 07:46PM »
Hello
Don't hate me I'm a Dotcom manager and had the similar complaint from my team.
What I did was looked into the mapping and sequencing on the GR screen vs actual shop floor and found errors . 
With the merchandising team we fixed the mods  that didn't appear on the floor plans and got them built in to the system so now they are not walking all round the store.
And I ensure that the mapping is done daily. 
My pick rate target is 139 and weekly the department comes in at 145 and above .
Hope you manage to get the issues sorted.
I believe in listening to my team and doing my best to fix what we can to make the Dotcom job as easy for the guys as possible.

Pottig

« Reply #34 on: 07-05-18, 12:42PM »
I'm a Dot Com picker and can empathise with a lot of what has been said here. Our pick rate target is 147 and I have just today been handed a letter inviting me to an investigation meeting about my pick rate.

I usually come in anywhere between 110-130 per shift and work as hard as most of the other pickers. On the bulletin board out back it says only 56% of pickers achieved the pick rate target last week (up from 44% and 42% in previous weeks). I have yet to see that figure break 60%.

There are simply too many obstacles preventing me from hitting 147 consistently. Produce is always a big one. Picking 10 onions/bananas, bagging them and weighing them, all to be counted as just one item in the end sends you straight into the red. Mapping used to be awful in our store but has improved somewhat, but there's always items out of stock and we're strictly not allowed to off-sale. We have to sub. Plus, we have to double bag bleach products in the red bags which takes an absolute age.

The only way you can hit 147 is if you have no bleach, very little produce and don't encounter any mapping/stock issues. Or, of course, you have 100 tins of baked beans as I once did.

Also, one other point. Has anyone else noticed that smaller trollies (with, say, 10 items on them) get your pick rate down so much? While it is true that a 10-item pick will be completed faster than a 100-item pick, the system seems to think you should be picking faster. As a result, small picks are almost always in the red.

Anyway, looking forward to the investigation meeting on Thursday.  >:( My 'manager' couldn't manage one-way traffic. If they ask if I need re-training then I may say yes just to waste their time.

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #35 on: 05-08-18, 03:22PM »
The following perfectly illustrates the intelligence of the average Dot Comedy Picker :D ;D

DC Picker, "Vlad, please open one of the boxes of bananas underneath the hammock".

Me(pointing to about two dozen bananas on the hammock)"Why not just take some from there?"

Picker, "Because the customer said she doesn't want any from the hammock".

(Long silence while I think about what she's just said and, yes, it really is that stupid).

Me(speaking very slowly)"But...the...customer...won't...know...the...difference. The...bananas...in...the...boxes...look...exactly...the...same!"

Picker, "But the customer -"

(I walk away before I throw something at her). >:(
« Last Edit: 05-08-18, 03:24PM by VladPutin »

Doris

« Reply #36 on: 07-08-18, 07:43AM »
Hi

on Tue 7th Aug 8am, all Dotcom Stores & their Dotcom Managers will be having a meeting/tele conference regarding the future of Dotcom running from stores. It will be great to get an update from anyone who finds out whats happening.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #37 on: 07-08-18, 09:05AM »
Ritzxj. Where did your info come from? My dotcom manager hasn't moved from the dotcom room all morning so he hasn't been on a conference call.

bugsbunny

• Regular Pain
« Reply #38 on: 07-08-18, 09:31AM »
Neither has mine

m360

• Know All
« Reply #39 on: 07-08-18, 12:11PM »
Store managers have been on calls.

They have identified loads of stores where the driving time rules are being broken (how many hours drivers can do in a 24 hour period)

Stores which are impacted are being capped.

Nothing to do with dot com coming out of any store.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 07-08-18, 12:13PM »
Rules being broken ???  ;D hopefully they get the arses felt.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #41 on: 07-08-18, 12:54PM »
Thanks for the clarification m360. Just more scaremongering!!

m360

• Know All
« Reply #42 on: 07-08-18, 01:16PM »
I think in a lot of stores, drivers are contracted to do an evening shift, then work a day shift the next day.

Tesco classes this as two separate days, how the rules have been clarified that it’s any 24 period that the hours are measured.

Lots of drivers shifts are therefore in breach of rules.

Managers very likely to talk to drivers about moving hours around.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #43 on: 07-08-18, 02:08PM »
So how many hours are you allowed to drive in any 24hr period?

Doris

« Reply #44 on: 07-08-18, 02:36PM »
Hi was told by dotcom manager that all store dotcom managers were to have a meeting or conference call. I dont know what it was regarding.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #45 on: 07-08-18, 03:07PM »
Then why did you say it was about the future of dotcom being run from stores if you didn't know that? Too many people post things on here that are not true & just worry others.

MysticalMuppet

« Reply #46 on: 07-08-18, 04:24PM »
I think in a lot of stores, drivers are contracted to do an evening shift, then work a day shift the next day.

Tesco classes this as two separate days, how the rules have been clarified that it’s any 24 period that the hours are measured.

This seems to be the case, got a call from my manager telling me I will be doing reduced hours this evening so I can drive tomorrow. I am a little confused by this as EU law states you only need 11 continuous hours between shifts and considering I am supposed to finish tonight at 10pm and start again at 9am I fulfill this requirement.

m360

• Know All
« Reply #47 on: 07-08-18, 04:37PM »
Then why did you say it was about the future of dotcom being run from stores if you didn't know that? Too many people post things on here that are not true & just worry others.

Very true.

m360

• Know All
« Reply #48 on: 07-08-18, 04:39PM »

This seems to be the case, got a call from my manager telling me I will be doing reduced hours this evening so I can drive tomorrow. I am a little confused by this as EU law states you only need 11 continuous hours between shifts and considering I am supposed to finish tonight at 10pm and start again at 9am I fulfill this requirement.

That’s the working time regulations.

There’s also a rule regarding how many hours you can drive in a 24 hour period. (It’s either 10 or 11 - someone will confirm)

If you work an evening shift, then work morning/afternoon the next day, this will breach the rules.

m360

• Know All
« Reply #49 on: 07-08-18, 04:40PM »
Assuming you work 7-11 (4 hours) then 9-7 the following day (10 hours)