Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
13-10-19, 11:52PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61562
  • Total Topics: 1080
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 128
Total: 134

Author Topic: Break issues  (Read 62991 times)

ali p

Re: Break issues
« Reply #25 on: 12-03-09, 07:37AM »
what would break time be for someone working 7- 11  a 4 hour shift   i would have thought 15 mins  but the position is being advertised  no break    i get 15 mins for a 4 hour shift elsewhere

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

ali p

« Reply #27 on: 12-03-09, 09:31AM »
tesco normally give break after 4 hours in stores  so that would be another case of discrimination towards dot com drivers who are not being entitled to the same as other colleagues.
I realise they are not breaking any working rules by doing it but the same terms should apply to all the workforce. :p:

thepower1982

« Reply #28 on: 12-03-09, 11:25AM »
Thats some strong accusations there.  What are these lengths?

In general union reps avoid representing their own relatives and friends, and as far as I can tell the company is breaking the law trying to influence the union into who becomes a rep and who doesn't.

union = waste of time. I've got 16years service with the company what have they done for us?

tinner

« Reply #29 on: 12-03-09, 12:34PM »
thepower1982
If it wan't for some union reps then tesco would have it back to dickensian times quicker than you could sneeze. Like all things in life "you get good ones, you get ...not so good ones"
It's up to the members to make sure that the union is working for them.

thepower1982

« Reply #30 on: 12-03-09, 04:17PM »
thepower1982
If it wan't for some union reps then tesco would have it back to Dickensians times quicker than you could sneeze. Like all things in life "you get good ones, you get ...not so good ones"

hold on its a "partnership"  and its in dickensians times. I've got 16 years service and its not changed in that time.i know tesco inside out I've been with them a long time .the union's run by dummies. usdaw betrayed the new starts that are post 2004. i get paid Tobe off ill and they don't. i get more $ for bank holidays and overtime but we're all GA's doing the same job. how can a union stand by and let that happen.reason most members have 5+ years service.  protect their own and s*d the rest.  ;)  how come store union staff couldnt strike to support the dundee and livi drivers?. one company one team!!! isnt it?
« Last Edit: 12-03-09, 04:47PM by thepower1982 »

bushido

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Train hard, fight easy.
« Reply #31 on: 12-03-09, 05:05PM »
thepower,

all those new starters on lesser t&c's knew what they were taking on.
The union cant argue for possible future employees, it can only look after its current membership

The company can offer whatever T&C's it likes so long as it is within contractual law, and the union cant do anything about that, as I said, it can only fight to defend those current T&C's
bushido  
Those who scream loudest are the quietest when action is needed
 "Gentlemen, you cant fight in here, this is the war room!"

Reponboard123

« Reply #32 on: 12-03-09, 06:03PM »
thepower1982
If it wan't for some union reps then tesco would have it back to Dickensians times quicker than you could sneeze. Like all things in life "you get good ones, you get ...not so good ones"

hold on its a "partnership"  and its in dickensians times. I've got 16 years service and its not changed in that time.i know tesco inside out I've been with them a long time .the union's run by dummies. usdaw betrayed the new starts that are post 2004. i get paid Tobe off ill and they don't. i get more $ for bank holidays and overtime but we're all GA's doing the same job. how can a union stand by and let that happen.reason most members have 5+ years service.  protect their own and s*d the rest.  ;)  how come store union staff couldnt strike to support the dundee and livi drivers?. one company one team!!! isnt it?

Give that man a good pint from me. ;)  more power to the renegades in USDAW  ;D ;D ;D

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #33 on: 12-03-09, 07:50PM »
http://www.worksmart.org.uk/rights/in_what_circumstances_am_i_entitled_to

Pay includes all aspects of wages and salaries and includes pensions.

Find someone of the opposite sex getting better pay & doing the same job.

Job done.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #34 on: 12-03-09, 10:42PM »
dot com drivers who are not being entitled to the same as other colleagues.

I realise it may be different for different areas but I find the pattern of deliveries means that it is often the case that there is slack time in the mornings and afternoons which with a bit of deft manipulation can be used to take a mid-round break parked up by a burger van.  Evenings are not so promising if for no other reason that all the burger vans have long packed up for the day.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #35 on: 13-04-09, 12:41PM »
I worked in a store where a union rep's relation was in trouble for pretty much the 20th time.  Always got off on a technicality or by witnesses not willing to come forward or by scared management.  Eventually the member of staff (by this point on her 4th department after being moved because 'everyone lese was a troublemaker') did something that was concrete, and indefensible.  Miraculously all the notes and witness statements were stolen from her personnel file.  Only managers, wage clerk and union rep had access. Case was thrown out.  But god works in mysterious ways and one day justice will be done or an honest union rep will be voted in.

brownsugar

« Reply #36 on: 13-09-09, 06:23PM »
are u a union member ?
are you a forum member?
have you a copy of the company handbook ?
request one !
do they take out your breaks from your pay ?
do you know the min law around break entitlement ?
a break every continuos 6 hours of 20 mins !

brownsugar

« Reply #37 on: 13-09-09, 06:25PM »
you need a rep in there elect one from your staff members sort it out you cant be sacked if you all stick together can you !! :d:

just leaving

« Reply #38 on: 13-09-09, 07:34PM »
oh good. thats that sorted out then! 8-)

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 03-10-09, 10:50PM »
Was told by MM today, that when on my break, need to check if wagon is waiting to come in, if so to come off my break, tip it and then finish break off.
Me: Yer right.

tell them rubbish

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 03-10-09, 11:02PM »
join usdaw ha ha what are they going to do?
my words exactly mate. they agree with everything the company wants

mskickstool

« Reply #41 on: 04-10-09, 02:12PM »
I have heard somewhere, ( but dont quote me) that your break should be uninterupted and if it is interupted your break starts again? If thats correct then they wont interupt you many times lol

is it home time yet

« Reply #42 on: 04-10-09, 02:56PM »
yes if you are a driver and you have sent your on break mesage as your break is not on pay

tiffany

« Reply #43 on: 04-10-09, 03:50PM »
 :-X if your break is interupted tough luck buster  team leaders and managers are very lucky to have a break at all

tiffany

« Reply #44 on: 04-10-09, 03:57PM »
 :-X  if you make sure you clock out for your breaks they cant touch you  we don't get paid for t breaks  you obviously don't go on busy periods only quiet times .

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #45 on: 04-10-09, 04:57PM »
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/WorkingHoursAndTimeOff/DG_10029451

the break must be in one block
= uninterrupted

If you do not get/take a break or an uninterrupted one, who's to blame.  8-)  ???
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

sarah3000

« Reply #46 on: 25-01-10, 11:05PM »
Hi we do not get a bonus..
We can use CCTV to gain evidence of miss use!!
And the legal break for anyone over 18.... your manager can schedule this in after 4 hrs and up to 5 and 3 qtr hrs pls see union and legal guidelines.

Storck

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #47 on: 25-01-10, 11:12PM »
Is CCTV use covered for that purpose in the registration with the data protection authorities?  (?))

sarah3000

« Reply #48 on: 25-01-10, 11:28PM »
Perhaps you need to see your security manager.. however Tesco can see any evidence on cctv..

weir-07

• Smart Arse
« Reply #49 on: 04-02-10, 04:00AM »
Is CCTV use covered for that purpose in the registration with the data protection authorities?  (?))

No. With the exception of when it may be used as evidence against/for somebody in the disciplinary process I believe.

WHY do staff and manager have this notion that CCTV is a free for all that managers can just abuse whenver they want  >:(