Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23-06-18, 07:41AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 77140
  • Total Topics: 1604
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 87
Total: 92

Author Topic: Pay confusion  (Read 2759 times)

Hello it’s me

• VLH Supporter
Pay confusion
« on: 12-03-18, 09:55PM »
Hi I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on my wages I had an induction on the 2nd March and worked last week 7th 8th 9th and 10th march Wednesday to Sat*rday they are my contracted nights pay day was on the 9th and I didn’t receive anything I’ve read on here that you are paid the week you are working so I’m confused was this a week in hand being my first week will I receive a full pay then on the 6th April thank you and excuse the lack of punctuation

m360

• Regular Pain
Re: Pay confusion
« Reply #1 on: 12-03-18, 10:41PM »
Hi

They would have authorised you as a new starter on the payroll system on Weds 7th and you would have gone live from Sun 11th.

Assuming they’ve put down your correct start date, you will be paid in full on the 6th April including back pay to the 2nd March.

Hope this helps.

Hello it’s me

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 12-03-18, 10:53PM »
Yes thank you very much I should be in for a good payday then 5 weeks of pay my induction and they’ve put me in for an extra nights over time next two weeks lol

Rsrd10

« Reply #3 on: 13-03-18, 11:48AM »
Hay mate i have my first shift coming up at 1 today any ideas what will happen

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 13-03-18, 11:59AM »
Rsrd10 you will begin to realise Tesco is not the place you want to work if you have not found that out already.

campergirl28

« Reply #5 on: 13-03-18, 03:51PM »
Slightly unrelated but anyone able to explain the different lines on payslips from Tesco? Night shift worker has basic pay, over time 1, night overtime 1, night premium and extra night premium???
My mum works for Tesco and doesn’t understand her payslips at all. I’m trying to make sense of them as I’m pretty certain she is being short paid.

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #6 on: 13-03-18, 04:24PM »
Basic pay - contracted hours, overtime 1 - hours worked that are non premium, night overtime 1 - overtime worked between midnight and 6am, night premium - contracted hours worked between midnight and 6 am, extra night premium - paid if you work the whole night window midnight to 6am.

Think this is correct :)

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 13-03-18, 04:45PM »
Yeah, extra night premium is if you work for a full hour after 6am and have worked overnight.

This was added in when NP between 2200 and 0000 were sc**pped.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #8 on: 15-03-18, 12:17PM »
To any new starters - make sure you keep an accurate note of when you worked, including induction.

Especially, check that you get paid for any hours that you were in when you didn't clock in and out  as you didn't have a card yet.

Always check your payslips, not just when newly started.

Tesco loves to make payslips as confusing as possible, in hopes that people will give up trying to understand them (my opinion only, not stated tesco policy).

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 15-03-18, 01:07PM »
@tumshie great post spot on about the Tesco payslip. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

RubyRed

« Reply #10 on: 15-03-18, 01:52PM »
I think the payslip itself is easy to read but I think they should state when basic pay is paid up until as well as overtime, especially for newbies

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #11 on: 15-03-18, 02:52PM »
So, not that easy actually, RubyRed.