Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-09-18, 07:42AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5969
  • Latest: Ash1313
Stats
  • Total Posts: 80604
  • Total Topics: 1688
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 86
Total: 91

Author Topic: Skills payment  (Read 15345 times)

the-vortex

• Sad Muppet
Re: Skills payment
« Reply #75 on: 12-03-18, 06:52PM »
Nobody will be worst off?! Tell that to those people’s terms and conditions and hourly rates that are now effectively dropping.

No-one's hourly rate will be less than that communicated in July last year (it's immediately under the title  of the table of hourly rates and SPs). What happens after that is anyone's guess, of course.

Everybody - all your questions and complaints can be asked at the Briefing you should be getting when this is officially released tomorrow.
Loyalty is a one-way street!

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #76 on: 12-03-18, 07:29PM »
Asked, but probably not answered.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

grrrr

« Reply #77 on: 12-03-18, 08:00PM »
It would be nice if there were an offer of redundancy! I wouldn't think twice.   8)

As a skilled baker I have been hit hard - what with the loss of double time for Sunday's and bank holidays, time and half overtime and now lower paid overtime when worked on other departments (which I do to make up for the money I have lost), I am worried to think what is next?........at a guess slashing of holiday entitlement and sick pay?

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #78 on: 13-03-18, 08:45AM »
"Grrrrr" from what the bakers said companies are crying out for bakers thats why all of them have got interviews.

The big T has no interest apart from eroding all the inconvenient staff that they have to pay.

GET OUT!!

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #79 on: 13-03-18, 12:00PM »
Mr Grumpy  :thumbup:

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #80 on: 13-03-18, 04:56PM »
the briefing books about skills payment,were delivered to our store today via tnt,but the Tm grabbed them and hid them away under lock and key,no-one has had any briefings in my store today,has anyone sneaked a peak or been briefed?

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #81 on: 13-03-18, 05:45PM »
Nothing to worry about.

Blue_Eyes

« Reply #82 on: 13-03-18, 07:11PM »
So team support and shift leaders are now glorified colleagues with a little extra money? Its going to be a nightmare working out rates of pay on the slips. Does this mean when applying for finance the 'skills payment' classes as a premium payment? and the base hourly rate needs to be given? No official briefing has happened, only booklets.

GDP1980

« Reply #83 on: 13-03-18, 07:58PM »
I am intrigued with that too as I do a fair amount of overtime whether in your store or a local store sometimes as Checkout team support and sometimes Dotcom picking.

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #84 on: 13-03-18, 11:30PM »
If you do overtime in a job that doesnt get skills payment you will be paid the basic colleague rate of pay. Eg baker works on a till or on bread and cakes as overtime only gets the basic ga rate.

Checkout team support working overtime as a cashier only gets cashier rate.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #85 on: 14-03-18, 12:56AM »
Hopefully colleagues are aware that if they are only being paid to do the basic job (cashier, filling etc) then that's all they do for that shift. I can imagine a Shift Leader or Team Support wouldn't be so lucky and will be expected to continue performing as an SL or TS.

It will go down like a lead balloon.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Bleh

• Know All
« Reply #86 on: 14-03-18, 07:26AM »
This was already posted days ago? lol

Tornado

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #87 on: 14-03-18, 11:30AM »
I do not understand, if the base rate is £8.02 for grade B/C then I have to ask whether the Level 1 to Level 5 are submitted to a different  rate of pay or kept at same base rate ?
Any answers about this issue ?  ??? Maybe no clue and just talk talk to carry on the frustrations of working in Tesco.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Justice is the sanction of established injustice
« Reply #88 on: 14-03-18, 12:25PM »
Any stores had their official brief?
Life is a monstrous demented gag. Madness is the emergency exit.
I will not reply to unsolicited PM's.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #89 on: 14-03-18, 12:58PM »
Yes .i am not to worried.

Kimberly11

« Reply #90 on: 14-03-18, 01:51PM »
This ‘skills payment’ is very confusing.. to me it just looks like the banding that already exists? 

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #91 on: 14-03-18, 02:46PM »
Nice for Customer Service Desk Assistants getting a pay rise. Ordinary cashier need to make sure they don't go and cover for less pay.

Plato

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #92 on: 14-03-18, 05:16PM »
No briefing in my store. Denial of anything on comms or any leaflets arriving in store. Information appeared on Yammer, then disappeared ( strange that ). Think many staff will be disgruntled and refuse to cover an area where their skills payment does not apply.

dfl

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #93 on: 14-03-18, 06:03PM »
I'd heard this would be backdated for some period prior to now, has anyone heard this ?

Global Moderator Comment Topics merged. Please look for an existing topic prior to starting a new one, please.
DFL

sadoldman

« Reply #94 on: 14-03-18, 06:22PM »
if you go on to Tesco bakery  on Facebook a lot of staff have already had there booklet  all staff will be  on £8 and 2 pence a hour  the rest will be made up of skill payment 

Bleh

• Know All
« Reply #95 on: 14-03-18, 08:47PM »
Until they do overtime in a non skilled role and end up on the basic ca wage.

Wandy

« Reply #96 on: 14-03-18, 10:05PM »
This ‘skills payment’ is very confusing.. to me it just looks like the banding that already exists?

Absolutely I’m on this described ‘new’ skills payment amount  already 🤔not new for me!!

tescopleb

• Smart Arse
« Reply #97 on: 14-03-18, 10:18PM »
What are the chances of getting Leigh Day to examine the legalities of the skills payment with a view to challenging it -  team support already get a higher rate of pay fully consolidated so if I'm understand this correctly isn't this a contract change

WorkingMummy

« Reply #98 on: 14-03-18, 10:56PM »
I haven’t been briefed yet but it sounds to me like everyone will get one base rate topped up with a skills payment. I think it’s so that next time they give us a payrise they can say it’s increase by X%. So lower grades will get the full X% payrise, anyone else won’t get the payrise on the skills payment part of their pay if that makes sense?

Sam29

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #99 on: 15-03-18, 07:17AM »
It’s mostly to do with all desk staff getting same grade instead of some being paid more than the others.it also allows people who cover breaks for team support and desk to get paid the same rather than less. If you do same job why should you get less.
I still think cash office is a skilled area you can’t just get anyone in there, I’m always sorting errors out and with no manager or team leader it’s hard going.