Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-09-18, 06:42AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5969
  • Latest: Ash1313
Stats
  • Total Posts: 80604
  • Total Topics: 1688
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Skills payment  (Read 15344 times)

Wrfc1206

• VLH Supporter
Skills payment
« on: 08-03-18, 05:12PM »
I have been told that only one person on a department can receive the skills payment.  Is this true? I am one of two wage clerks and the other one receives the extra payment.  Can they do this?

fatboy

• Regular Pain
Re: Skills payment
« Reply #1 on: 08-03-18, 05:59PM »
Skills payments haven't even been introduced yet.

adamlad

• Regular Pain
« Reply #2 on: 08-03-18, 06:03PM »
I have heard of this can any one explain this does this apply to TL's or just skills like wages

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 08-03-18, 06:08PM »
I have been told that only one person on a department can receive the skills payment.  Is this true? I am one of two wage clerks and the other one receives the extra payment.  Can they do this?

If you are both doing the same job then that cannot be right that only one gets this extra payment. Take it up with your union rep.

Wrfc1206

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #4 on: 08-03-18, 06:27PM »
Skills payments haven't even been introduced yet.

What I meant was wage clerks are a different pay grade to ga’s. 

Bukaku

« Reply #5 on: 08-03-18, 06:31PM »
Even if that was the case then BOTH wage clerks should be on the 'skills' payment.  Does anyone even know what they are possibly going to be because i beleve it has been adjourned numerous times because they cant agree on what the actual 'skills payment' will be and for who.

I have a feeling when it does come out it will divide a hell of a lot of people within. 

Wrfc1206

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #6 on: 08-03-18, 06:48PM »
I’ve been doing the job for a few years and I think they’ve got round it by sitting me on the laundry department instead of wages.  Where do I go with it now?

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 08-03-18, 06:50PM »
Apparently the skills payment is finalised . Information embargoed , as is custom in this new transparent era.

Bukaku

« Reply #8 on: 08-03-18, 06:54PM »
If you still do wages and you are indeed deserving of a higher rate, then I'd definitely call union. You cant pay one person (for example) £7  and the other £9 if both do the same job.

Regardless of the laundry (which is an extra job may I add) you still do that role. It's like saying here is 4 shift leaders but only one will be paid the shift leader wage and the rest of you are on CA.

Bukaku

« Reply #9 on: 08-03-18, 06:58PM »
Apparently the skills payment is finalised . Information embargoed , as is custom in this new transparent era.

It will be a very interesting read to see where these skill payments actually are designated too. My bets express are going end up seeing them cause of the nature of the job. Uproar in the making!

Preacherpauly

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #10 on: 08-03-18, 07:18PM »
I’ve been doing the job for a few years and I think they’ve got round it by sitting me on the laundry department instead of wages.  Where do I go with it now?

I would go to your rep. You will be owed a couple of years of money depending on how much more the other clerk earns. They havent changed your job title over and I would be asking why.

If you are officially wages and thats your job role then I would be kicking off big time.

m360

• Regular Pain
« Reply #11 on: 08-03-18, 07:37PM »
Laundry department does have some hours allocated to it, the number depends on the size of your store, how big/busy your counters are etc.

If you spend more than 50% of your time actually doing wages (not laundry or admin routines) then raise it with your Stock/Admin manager and ask them to move you onto the wages department and wage clerk job code - this would put you on a D grade.

If they refuse, take out a grievance.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #12 on: 08-03-18, 10:52PM »
If you still do wages and you are indeed deserving of a higher rate, then I'd definitely call union. You cant pay one person (for example) £7  and the other £9 if both do the same job.

Two ppl doing same job can be paid diferent rates http://m.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4198

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #13 on: 09-03-18, 10:00AM »
As usual with the law and ACAS that makes things crystal clear, NOT.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #14 on: 09-03-18, 05:52PM »
If skills payment have indeed been agreed; I believe a bigger worry will be which existing higher paid areas will lose out.

Bleh

• Know All
« Reply #15 on: 09-03-18, 07:13PM »
They have been agreed I’ve seen the brief.

m360

• Regular Pain
« Reply #16 on: 09-03-18, 08:01PM »
Brief to colleagues commencing on Tuesday.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #17 on: 09-03-18, 09:43PM »
Im away . I m wonder what it will be said. Whos gaining n whos loosing.

Bleh

• Know All
« Reply #18 on: 09-03-18, 10:15PM »
Rates are pretty much staying the same, only real difference is it say a shift leader does overtime and there’s another shift leader / s/m on shift they don’t get the skill payment just the c/a base rate.

tesc0H

« Reply #19 on: 10-03-18, 03:38PM »
From what i have read and learned over last few weeks. My understanding is that everyone will be on standard rate of £8.02 and then the skills payment is added to make up the rest of your current rate. Example current shift leader rate £9.83 so my base rate will be £8.02 and my skills payment will be £1.81 but we shall see next week....

m360

• Regular Pain
« Reply #20 on: 10-03-18, 08:38PM »
Correct.

Everyone paid at a B/C rate then skills payment applied to make it up to D, TL etc

Other interesting nugget is that all CSD staff will be paid a skill payment to equivalent of D grade.

No more having long service CSD staff on a D grade and everyone else on C

Sam29

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #21 on: 10-03-18, 08:56PM »
I don’t suppose cash office assistant will get skill payment?  If that is right about desk getting D grade what happens when a person off  desk covers a day in cash office, they will be on more money.

Tornado

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #22 on: 10-03-18, 10:38PM »
I do not understand, if the base rate is £8.02 for grade B/C then I have to ask whether the Level 1 to Level 5 are submitted to a different  rate of pay or kept at same base rate ? 

weebee

« Reply #23 on: 11-03-18, 12:57AM »
Sounds like another job for Leigh Day in the near future lol

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 11-03-18, 02:21AM »
Anyone know how it works for counters and bakers.