Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-09-18, 06:33AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5969
  • Latest: Ash1313
Stats
  • Total Posts: 80604
  • Total Topics: 1688
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 89
Total: 91

Author Topic: Been kept on after festive role, but still no contract.  (Read 1744 times)

lavender123

• VLH Supporter
Hi I started with my local Tesco at Christmas and was told I was being kept on for two contracted nights per week from January 2nd.  I was told my contract was waiting to be collected but ever time I've asked for it from the office  (the last 3 weeks), its not been given to me.

As I'm kinda new to the goings on at Tesco, do I approach the pay role dept ? Personnel ? or someone else because my manager is not doing anything to help.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
Compliance and Personnel dealt with this in the past. I don't know who does this now as all these positions are going. Team managers are just middle men who don't know what is going on alot of the time and are too busy covering their back and not willing to make decisions.  I would speak to your Store Manager.

Light box

As soon as a permanent amendment goes into the system your contract is automatically generated for you to sign, speak to wage clerk they should have it

lavender123

• VLH Supporter
I finally got my contract but it only states that I work for 7.5 hours per week contracted days, it doesn't mention the other day even though I was told I have two contracted days per week.  So does that mean I don't technically have  to work on this day until they write a new contract ? .  Also I have been doing a Friday overtime, this seems to be the day they want me in the most but due to childcare issues I cant do a Friday any more, in fact I can only commit to my two 'contracted' days plus at a max 2 days overtime.

Will I get into trouble for refusing Fridays from now on because I'm on a flexi contract ?

Olivia Pope

Hi, when you were recruited on two days did your payslip show this as basic or overtime? If your contract only states the 1 day in 7.5hrs then this is your core but you need to know which day! Did you complete an availability form - if not your flexibility contract is invalid as they don’t have the data, if you did - ask for a new one stating your availability needs to be updated - complete take a copy and hand it in. They should only query if an issue around your contract.

lavender123

• VLH Supporter
I did complete an availability form when I was temp but since made permanent I was told that there wouldn't be much overtime after Christmas its been nothing but overtime because they cant get anyone that wants to cover my particular job lol. I will be asking if I can have another availability form today due to the issues I'm now experiencing. I don't work weekends due to childcare issues and now Friday is an issue but I've done loads of overtime during the week for them and even gone in early to help them out. I've been told to sign my contract which I've refused to do due to an issue over my core days. Thing is now I told, the other day, IN A VERY PUBLIC AREA ! that if i don't do more hours he will ask me to leave! I get about the flexi contract but it's not like I haven't been flexible and they are not taking this on board yet I've been told he won't have time for a meeting with me over these issues until after Easter!

Where am i going wrong here because it seems to be nothing but hassle since I started working and nothing I seem to do is good enough for them!

checkoutmonkey

• VLH Supporter
Sounds about right. Welcome to Tesco!