Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-05-18, 05:03AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 76339
  • Total Topics: 1580
  • Online Today: 89
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 68
Total: 72

Author Topic: End paper payslips  (Read 27204 times)

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: End paper payslips
« Reply #175 on: 14-05-18, 04:47PM »
If they stop pay for being 5 minutes late they should pay anybody who is 5 minutes late finishing, fair?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #176 on: 14-05-18, 05:09PM »
Yes that very fair ,

And i say go one further , if you are late 5 mins deduct half hour , and pay the person staying to cover your shif that half hour , after all why should someone be asked to stay longer to cover you since you cant be bothered to turn up on time ,
And add to that a automatic visit to the managers office to explain why you have turned up late , and that in your own time ,

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #177 on: 14-05-18, 05:36PM »
Well that is just nonsensical, employers can under certain conditions deduct pay for lateness, but that needs to form part of the employees contract, and even if it was in the contract deducting an excessive amount like that could potentially put the employee below minimum wage.

As for this lateness V staying late business.
You have a contractual obligation to be on time, there is no contractual obligation to stay late, fairness doesn't come into it.

Now, if a person and their manager decide amongst themselves that the person will stay late to make up time, fair enough, but if someone stays late with no authorization, more fool them.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #178 on: 14-05-18, 07:13PM »
 alf ,  if you are making a reply to what I said then read what I made a reply to ,

other wise what you said   becomes  ??? 

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #179 on: 14-05-18, 07:48PM »
I did read the post you replied to, it doesn't make what you said any less nonsensical or potentially illegal.

If you're wondering why I call it nonsensical, well it's for two reasons.
Firstly, deducting 30min pay for 5 min of lateness is simply excessive, secondary, if I was 5 min late and hence lost 30 minutes of pay, I'll just wait  the full 30minutes before clocking in i.e. you turn 5mins of lateness into 30 minutes.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #180 on: 14-05-18, 08:12PM »

you still have not read what i said  8-)

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #181 on: 14-05-18, 08:45PM »
Which was?

chris9997

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #182 on: 14-05-18, 09:03PM »
These replies regarding lateness are pointless to argue the point, deductions for lateness does not form part of the employees contract so no deduction can be made irrespective of personal views.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #183 on: 15-05-18, 02:34AM »

who has said it is part of someones contract ? not I , All I have said is I agree that if someone was to be stoped for 5 mins late then someone should get paid for 5 mins they work extra ,

also I said  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And i say go one further ,

like you said it was a personel view , which I would think any one can make and yes it  cant be acted on unless it forms a part of a contract or  agreement , but like most things if we dont debate it how are we going to see how others feel about it , also why is anyone talking about what the law says or does not say ? when all we are doing is talking about how we would like things ,

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #184 on: 15-05-18, 06:25AM »
Your statements may well have been personal views, they may even just be hypothetical situations based on how you "would like things".

Neither point elevates your posts above criticism.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #185 on: 15-05-18, 12:23PM »
Nonsensical, yep just that  8-)

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #186 on: 17-05-18, 04:45AM »
Time can't be deducted for lateness, sometimes it is beyond our control due to bus being late, traffic being extra heavy etc. Time back should be agreed. However, continually being late can form part of the disciplinary process and this applies to all, managers and colleagues.

Nightslave

« Reply #187 on: 17-05-18, 07:02AM »
Its been nearly 6 weeks and I am still waiting for a code to view both my last payslips. After repeated requests to wages and other manager's it is going nowhere.  What else can I do? Will be going to citizens advice later to get their option.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #188 on: 17-05-18, 06:26PM »
If you scroll up to page 7 then you could try the number given by Vanila24.

pitdiver

« Reply #189 on: 18-05-18, 03:04PM »
I am also one of those employees who is still having trouble trying to view my wage slips on line. I rang the number mentioned above, all they did was refer me to my store because according to them the store was advised of a new activation code on the 1st May.

My wife is also a Tosco employee and she hasn't yet received her  P60. In her case it's critical that she gets it as she has complex tax matters.

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #190 on: 18-05-18, 06:53PM »
If that's what they told you, and you have asked your store, and they have not got it then have you got back on the phone to tell them ?
As to complex tax matters  8-) The tax office have all the details that are on your P60 form, they only give it to us so we have a copy.

Log on on-line, and set up your own view to see not only what your tax code is, also to see how much tax NI you have paid not only last year but every year since you started to work.  You say she has not got her P60 that I think should have been given to her at the store.

This is also a very good way to see how you are doing in your NI payments that will show what you will get for you pension.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #191 on: 18-05-18, 07:48PM »
Your final payslip for the tax year has the same info as on the P60 - total income and total tax paid for the year.

cindyboo

« Reply #192 on: 21-05-18, 04:25PM »
For those who keep asking your payclerks to send for new activation  code  who will you go to when pay clerks are no more ?

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #193 on: 21-05-18, 07:11PM »

someone will be given the job to sort it,

and then we will still have the phone number to ring ,

Then in Express we have the S/M or team leaders that are doing it ,

And in the other store again someone will be asked to step in,

And as we have seen the problem will become less and less of a issue ,

Chojac2412

• Know All
« Reply #194 on: 22-05-18, 10:03AM »
The wages clerk has a list of codes for those who have never signed up. One colleague I work with could not sign up. I helped her and with this code it took just a few mins. If you have already signed up and can't get back in that is a different matter. You then have to ask wages clerk to send away for a code that will arrive through the post to your address and you have 28 days, after 28 days if not activated you will need to send for another code. It's the same for the codes for those not signed up yet. They reset every 28 days but I think 28 days from pay day.

Jambo1874

« Reply #195 on: 23-05-18, 07:55AM »
Global Moderator Comment Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).
That is correct.  It takes about 2 weeks to arrive as it comes from India.
« Last Edit: 23-05-18, 07:56AM by Jambo1874 »