Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-09-19, 03:05AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60801
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 111
Total: 112

Author Topic: Turkey & cold chain problems  (Read 2654 times)

Tom Hardy

• Know All

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
Re: Turkey & cold chain problems
« Reply #1 on: 26-12-17, 04:28PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5212851/Tesco-ruined-Christmas-Customers-slam-supermarket.html

Something smells foul? *ba dum tish* Cracker joke
doesn't surprise me one bit. probably left out the fridge for hours in store, but you can bet a lot of these complainants will carry on shopping at tosco. more fool them if they do!

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 26-12-17, 07:44PM »
Not enough staff in many stores and too many clueless in others.

Tesco of the future.  (-*-)

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #3 on: 26-12-17, 10:17PM »
The "out-of-date" turkey was dated 26 Dec. So why couldn't it be used on Xmas Day?

Totot

« Reply #4 on: 27-12-17, 10:46AM »
The "out-of-date" turkey was dated 26 Dec. So why couldn't it be used on Xmas Day?

Probably typical tesco 'procedure',  not enough staff and over worked staff, not enough space in the chiller, several huge unnecessary delivery, so delivery stay too long outside the chiller, waiting to be worked, shorten the used by date time. When certain fresh get warm enough inside mostly white meat, it might only last a day even the use by date time is much longer.
But thats how tesco superb resources management, a top notch lol.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 27-12-17, 11:02AM »
one of the many reasons i don't shop at tosco. is it really worth the 10% discount?

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 27-12-17, 11:05AM »
I never buy frozen out of Tesco because the cold chain procedure is not followed.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 27-12-17, 04:51PM »
I don't  buy food out of a Tesco store,  having worked there and seen all that goes wrong, especially cold chain, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

10% discount was never worth it anyway.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 27-12-17, 07:51PM »
one of the many reasons i don't shop at tosco. is it really worth the 10% discount?
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 27-12-17, 08:24PM »
Staff are voting NO looking at the size of deliveries to store.  (-*-)

OpShunned

• Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 27-12-17, 08:40PM »
Nice little earner?

Tesco are handing customers whose Christmases were ruined by rotten turkeys gift vouchers to say sorry. 

The Food Standards Agency has pledged to look into complaints from furious shoppers said their festive turkeys were 'rancid' and 'tasted like acid'.

Dozens of families said they were left without a meal to serve and they had to order emergency takeaways after discovering their Tesco turkeys had gone off.

Tesco is now looking at customers complaints and giving those they feel were sold poor quality birds vouchers of up to
£75 as a 'gesture of good will'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5215727/Tesco-hands-75-gift-vouchers-rancid-turkeys.html
« Last Edit: 27-12-17, 08:41PM by OpShunned »

SensibleSid

• Know All
  • Tesco... where nobody hears you scream
« Reply #11 on: 27-12-17, 10:37PM »
Could the "turkey" problem stem from stocks being left out of the cold chain due to lack of space?

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 27-12-17, 10:46PM »
Sensible Sid - as if Tesco would ever do such a thing!  ;D  :-X  (-*-)

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #13 on: 27-12-17, 11:09PM »
If stock is left out due to lack of space then only the store is to blame.  Should invest in more man hours to work stock onto shelves rather than leave it out.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 28-12-17, 12:53AM »
the blame lies at lewis' door >:(. but why should he care, he'll get his mega bucks no matter what >:(

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #15 on: 28-12-17, 08:36AM »
If stock is left out due to lack of space then only the store is to blame.  Should invest in more man hours to work stock onto shelves rather than leave it out.
No , the blame lies with whoever decides how much stock gets sent in . Even with all deliveries worked our store still struggled for chiller space then to get a cage out during the day was like a game of Tetris . Rediculous amounts of fresh stock never seen as much in 15yrs service

just curious

• Smart Arse
« Reply #16 on: 28-12-17, 09:39AM »
 A few years ago the store i worked in got a delivery of fresh foods / veg  on a Christmas eve at around mid day , the delivery never even made it into the warehouse or got sold at reduced to clear as there was that much stock awaiting reduce to clear any way - it was unloaded and put straight into waste compactor . The warehouse it came from also had issues with stock rotation and sell by dates as on many an occasion we would be sent stock dated earlier than the stock we had already received that was on sale .  :o :o :-X .

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #17 on: 28-12-17, 11:12AM »
I remember 15 years ago unloading a truck straight into the compactor. Sickening seeing lamb legs/steaks/veg and the like going to waste.

Thankfully never happened since.

fargone

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #18 on: 28-12-17, 03:40PM »
Administrator Comment Link deleted, as it is not connected to the matter being discussed. Start a new topic in "Have a Natter" if you wish to discuss animal cruelty.

fargone

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #19 on: 28-12-17, 04:22PM »
I just find it strange, that no other supermarkets have reported similar issues.

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #20 on: 28-12-17, 07:46PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5212851/Tesco-ruined-Christmas-Customers-slam-supermarket.html

Something smells foul? *ba dum tish* Cracker joke
doesn't surprise me one bit. probably left out the fridge for hours in store, but you can bet a lot of these complainants will carry on shopping at tosco. more fool them if they do!

'
What makes you think other retailers are any different? At my DC, 60inch TV's arrive on 48 inch pallets and leave 'curved'. Is it any different at argos, curry's or anywhere?

A few years ago the store i worked in got a delivery of fresh foods / veg  on a Christmas eve at around mid day , the delivery never even made it into the warehouse or got sold at reduced to clear as there was that much stock awaiting reduce to clear any way - it was unloaded and put straight into waste compactor . The warehouse it came from also had issues with stock rotation and sell by dates as on many an occasion we would be sent stock dated earlier than the stock we had already received that was on sale .  :o :o :-X .

I went to my local T*sco on the 18th and the sprouts and so on had a bbd of 23rd of December. I went for my food shop on the 21st of December, and the sprouts had a bbd of 22nd.
« Last Edit: 28-12-17, 07:47PM by grim up north »

Crocodile Dundee Centre

« Reply #21 on: 28-12-17, 08:46PM »
They have been calling, emailing, tweeting and facebooking in absolute droves. Getting full turkey refund plus £75 on top. Allyou/they needis a receipt and packaging if you bought in store or just have one delivered on your pre-xmas day online order.

fill yer boots .simples

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #22 on: 28-12-17, 08:57PM »
Of course cold-chain is observed very strictly at tesco. Just check the Safe & Legal logs, they are signed by a manager after-all (-*-)
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

PETE_M

« Reply #23 on: 28-12-17, 11:00PM »
I just find it strange, that no other supermarkets have reported similar issues.

If you haven't noticed bashing Tesco is a regular feature in the Aldi Advertiser, sorry I mean daily fail....

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #24 on: 29-12-17, 01:30PM »

Well, my local Morrisons is always full of staff, so maybe that's a good starting point.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"