Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
05-12-19, 11:10PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62727
  • Total Topics: 1103
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: CHRISTMAS 2017  (Read 12671 times)

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
CHRISTMAS 2017
« on: 16-12-17, 11:11AM »
I wish all members and their loved ones a very happy Christmas,  may the forks (and glasses) be with you.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Tom Hardy

• Know All
Re: CHRISTMAS 2017
« Reply #1 on: 16-12-17, 12:46PM »
All the best for Christmas & the New Year  :-*

TheMountain

« Reply #2 on: 16-12-17, 02:41PM »
Happy Christmas for next year too. Cos that's how long it's gonna take to shift all the Xmas stock that's still piled to the ceiling in our warehouse!

Babylon5

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 16-12-17, 02:59PM »
Hola,

Feliz cumpleanos to each and everyone out there in VLH land.

Babylon5.

stockrotateman

• Smart Arse
« Reply #4 on: 16-12-17, 05:27PM »
Happy Christmas 🎄

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 16-12-17, 05:28PM »
Have a good Christmas and new year everyone hopefully it will be the last at Tesco.  >:D

strebor

• Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 16-12-17, 05:52PM »
Happy Christmas everyone :)

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 16-12-17, 06:27PM »
Merry Christmas to all
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

grim up north

• Know All
« Reply #8 on: 16-12-17, 06:45PM »
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all!

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 16-12-17, 08:30PM »
Merry Christmas compadres. :) :) :) :)
The worlds me lobster

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #10 on: 16-12-17, 10:15PM »
Happy Festive season, everyone!! :) ;)

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 17-12-17, 10:41AM »
Merry Christmas to one and all  :)

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 17-12-17, 11:54AM »
Seasons greetings to all :-* :-* :-* :-*

Is it me or is the latest Tesco advert saying express stores are open till 10pm Christmas eve to serve people working late a little bit in bad taste given that there are, obviously, people still working at Tesco, WHAT ABOUT THEIR CHRISTMAS >:(

Administrator Comment Can we keep this thread to festive greetings for our fellow VLH'ers, please. Raise other matters elsewhere on the forum.

Loki

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
  • Justice is the sanction of established injustice
« Reply #13 on: 17-12-17, 01:08PM »
Happy Christmas folks  :)
Life is a monstrous demented gag. Madness is the emergency exit.
I will not reply to unsolicited PM's.

Faceandgo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 17-12-17, 01:37PM »
Please be advised that all persons planning to dash through the snow in a one-horse open sleigh, going over the fields and laughing all the way are required to undergo a Risk Assessment addressing the safety of open sleighs.
This assessment must also consider whether it is appropriate to use only one horse for such a venture, particularly where there are multiple passengers.
Please note that permission must also be obtained in writing from landowners before their fields may be entered.
To avoid offending those not participating in celebrations, we request that laughter is moderate only and not loud enough to be considered a noise nuisance.
Benches, stools and orthopaedic chairs are now available for collection by any shepherds planning or required to watch their flocks at night.
While provision has also been made for remote monitoring of flocks by CCTV cameras from a centrally heated shepherd observation hut, all facility users are reminded that an emergency response plan must be submitted to account for known risks to the flocks. The angel of the Lord is additionally reminded that prior to shining his/her glory all around s/he must confirm that all shepherds are wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment to account for the harmful effects of UVA, UVB and the overwhelming effects of Glory.
Following last year’s well publicised case, everyone is advised that EC legislation prohibits any comment with regard to the redness of any part of Mr. R. Reindeer. Further to this, exclusion of Mr. R Reindeer from reindeer games will be considered discriminatory and disciplinary action will be taken against those found guilty of this offence.
While it is acknowledged that gift-bearing is commonly practised in various parts of the world, particularly the Orient, everyone is reminded that the bearing of gifts is subject to Hospitality Guidelines and all gifts must be registered. This applies regardless of the individual, even royal personages. It is particularly noted that direct gifts of currency or gold are specifically precluded under provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Further, caution is advised regarding other common gifts, such as aromatic resins that may initiate allergic reactions.
Finally, in the recent case of the infant found tucked up in a manger without any crib for a bed, Social Services have been advised and will be arriving shortly.
Merry Christmas.
take two cages onto the shop floor? not me i just faceandgo!(Administrator)

Time is too slow for those who wait
Too swift for those who fear
Too long for those who grieve  Too short for those who rejoice  But for those who love, Time is eternity.   -Henry Van Dyke

Tom Hardy

• Know All
« Reply #15 on: 17-12-17, 04:28PM »
Also a signed receipt for said gifts is advised  :D

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #16 on: 17-12-17, 04:42PM »
better still do nothing  :)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #17 on: 17-12-17, 07:35PM »
Faceandgo

You have too much time on your hands :D who decided to mark me as the grinch?? I could do a snowy owl here you know  :P I'm already dealing with the red background which hurt my bleary overhung eyes this morning, cheers for that, "did someone say cheers, mine's a pint!"

To all on VLH, good health, good luck for 2018, and in the words of my mother tongue, NADOLIG LLAWEN I PAWB, ( merry Christmas to you all)  :) :) :)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Spidercatcher

« Reply #18 on: 18-12-17, 06:14AM »
Wishing everyone a very happy Christmas and new year.   :)

Love the little Santa hats by the way.   :-*

Pash

« Reply #19 on: 18-12-17, 09:30AM »
Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year to all.  Many thanks to all at VLH for your hard work, may it continue.

bootsdaroff

• Regular Pain
« Reply #20 on: 18-12-17, 10:36AM »
Merry Xmas to everyone here on VLH. Loving the the Christmassy feel of the site  :) :) :thumbup:

Global Moderator Comment Thanks to Little Nomad for the graphics etc.

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #21 on: 18-12-17, 03:33PM »
I don't recall any mention of ho helping hands this year.

picktocube

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #22 on: 18-12-17, 06:23PM »
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you folk still at Tesco and all at VLH  :).

NorthWave

• Regular Pain
« Reply #23 on: 18-12-17, 07:31PM »
 :) I wish you all Happy Christmas and Happy New Year and the message " Never give up, the fight must go on".

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #24 on: 18-12-17, 11:20PM »
@faceandgo

it may sometimes be appropriate to push the sleigh rather than pull, when this is more egonomically suitable and conducive to good back health.

hopefully the flock is aware of the usage of the cctv footage and it is well signposted and the purposes for such usage are properly explained to the whole flock.

shepards should be provided with a working temperature of 16 degrees C if sedentary, or 13 degrees C if active.

The angel of the lord should also be signing the visitors book at the front of the store, before being allowed to shine all about and stuff.

I would also advise Mr R. Reindeer to keep a diary of any such incidents, as discrimination is often difficult to prove.

and a reminder that all gifts stored in the staff lockers are stored at your own risk.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......