Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12-12-19, 09:13AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62857
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: !!! Big announcement !!!  (Read 49937 times)

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: !!! Big announcement !!!
« Reply #50 on: 02-11-17, 11:15AM »
Voluntary redundancy to be offered.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #51 on: 02-11-17, 11:20AM »
his scots tie

Fact or fiction?

I am hoping the Booker deal fails and they just close the place.

All the managers and GA are annoyed for one reason or another and the environment is terrible.

his scots tie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #52 on: 02-11-17, 11:21AM »
Just wishing and hoping.The whole company is a shambles and a disgrace to work for.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #53 on: 02-11-17, 11:32AM »
Your right!

Our SD says we will go to twilight next year as we are not on this years plan.

Our store is getting prepped currently.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #54 on: 02-11-17, 01:55PM »
Because retail is changing......people are increasingly shopping little and often
Back to the days of walking down to the corner shop with a wicker shopping basket for all your daily needs including fresh that day produce?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

musicman

« Reply #55 on: 02-11-17, 02:38PM »
How much does your store take a week JL including the petrol station ??

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #56 on: 02-11-17, 05:45PM »
musicman

I don't know how much our store makes these days.

Weekly takings does not make a difference both small and the complexed stores have went already.

Face the music all stores will be losing there night time.

bootsdaroff

• Regular Pain
« Reply #57 on: 02-11-17, 08:35PM »
If you currently are working night shift and do go twilight keep one thing in mind. Right now your day shift managers run a shop that has 80 to 90% of its delivery done n dusted before they start, so when it kicks in they will have 100% of the delivery to do. Most of them have not got a clue and it ends up a farce. Three months have elapsed since the store I worked in moved to twilight and the few who stayed tell me it’s a riot. Delivery is never done, most temps have packed in and the managers are getting booted up n down the shop. They take it out on the workers because it’s a whole new ball game and they can’t handle it. My advice if you have over 6 years service take your cash and if less then take a job and wait for your balloon payment. Once it’s in the bank get yourself out.

belfast driver

« Reply #58 on: 02-11-17, 08:36PM »

Yes please
4 out of 7 will do me

Sandman

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #59 on: 02-11-17, 09:15PM »

Just a job

« Reply #60 on: 02-11-17, 09:19PM »
Hope it's across all departments  😊😊

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #61 on: 02-11-17, 09:53PM »
If you currently are working night shift and do go twilight keep one thing in mind. Right now your day shift managers run a shop that has 80 to 90% of its delivery done n dusted before they start, so when it kicks in they will have 100% of the delivery to do. Most of them have not got a clue and it ends up a farce. Three months have elapsed since the store I worked in moved to twilight and the few who stayed tell me it’s a riot. Delivery is never done, most temps have packed in and the managers are getting booted up n down the shop. They take it out on the workers because it’s a whole new ball game and they can’t handle it. My advice if you have over 6 years service take your cash and if less then take a job and wait for your balloon payment. Once it’s in the bank get yourself out.

We all know it will work in some stores and not in others. But Dave Lewis has already got it into his head he will be able to make cost savings. We all know this is untrue on alot of cases but let's not waste too much try to convince him. There are better jobs to be had.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #62 on: 02-11-17, 11:48PM »
we can always dream. i'd be first in the queue and god help anyone who gets in my way

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #63 on: 03-11-17, 08:18AM »
Me too...bring it on. Told now we are only to face up top and bottom shelf. Does this have any relevancy to losing night team.  Please God.

the rule book

• Know All
« Reply #64 on: 03-11-17, 09:52AM »
I can tell you exactly what it is.

The announcement will be to find ways to cut out spending more on staff. To go to a more streamed model. Does your job really need you? That's how you should think.

wazziznaime

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #65 on: 03-11-17, 09:59AM »
Yes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ....

Zlatan_is_a_red

« Reply #66 on: 03-11-17, 10:17AM »
Talk about clutching at straws!!

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #67 on: 03-11-17, 10:26AM »
Big announcement?

Our depot manager hinted a big announcement which will affect everyone after New year any idea???
I think we all need to remember that this thread was started with this post. It may be something or nothing. Amazing how one depot managers hint has spiralled

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #68 on: 03-11-17, 10:26AM »
In my store they took out mods and told us to face the top and bottom shelf only... The SM is doing the prep with Christmas as the excuse.
He says he wants to open up more checkouts during the busy periods which are usually blocked with delivery. It is the same during quiet times with the amount of backstock. The BS is endless!

Flatout

« Reply #69 on: 04-11-17, 10:14AM »
My old store has asked it's twilight team to work 4pm to 4am shifts over the christmas period.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #70 on: 04-11-17, 11:57AM »
Tell them to get stuffed they stopped night crew .

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #71 on: 04-11-17, 12:02PM »
Jump on the sick they've screwed you over.

Flatout

« Reply #72 on: 04-11-17, 04:21PM »
I left about 2 months ago (best thing I ever did). The crew still there are not impressed.  The turnover of staff is something that Tesco have never experienced before.  If they started giving out long service meals for reaching 6 months, they wouldn't be giving out many :D

Billy Budd

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #73 on: 21-11-17, 07:24AM »
I left about 2 months ago (best thing I ever did). The crew still there are not impressed.  The turnover of staff is something that Tesco have never experienced before.  If they started giving out long service meals for reaching 6 months, they wouldn't be giving out many :D

Yup!....In our DC the new agency and full time staff are leaving in droves. Poor pay and conditions are a big factor, and the new PI will force more out the door. The barrel for man power in our area is about sc**ped clean! The days of 2005 when we had massive influxes of Eastern Europeans are gone, and with Brexit fast approaching, makes recruitment for new staff more daunting. The hard physical aspect of the job such as order picking can be brutal, can you imagine lifting 30 boxes of bottled Stella of Budweiser and humping it all into a cage...and Tesco timing you!!!   >:D
« Last Edit: 21-11-17, 07:29AM by Billy Budd »

blutopia

• Smart Arse
« Reply #74 on: 21-11-17, 08:35AM »
Billy Budd: "can you imagine lifting 30 boxes of bottled Stella of Budweiser and humping it all into a cage...and Tesco timing you!!!"

While the rest of society moves on, Tesco think they are operating 19th-century-style workhouses!  From Wikipedia: "Life in a workhouse was intended to be harsh, to deter the able-bodied poor and to ensure that only the truly destitute would apply".