Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
05-12-19, 10:25PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62726
  • Total Topics: 1103
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 123
Total: 128

Author Topic: !!! Big announcement !!!  (Read 49737 times)

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
Re: !!! Big announcement !!!
« Reply #125 on: 05-09-18, 10:04PM »
We are already on sub standard rates can't go any lower.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #126 on: 06-09-18, 04:45AM »
When Tesco moved to northern Ireland they bought over local supermarkets Stewarts/Crazy Prices, I believe some staff although very few are still on those contracts. Over the years many have been bought out of them and a few months ago the last few weekly paid staff were forced to 4 weekly pay, so it might only effect northern Ireland.

Also ACAS is not a recognised body in northern Ireland they have a separate employment law/tribunal but can't remember what it's called.

Global Moderator Comment Employment Appeals Tribunal (EAT), I think.

Disappointed 64

« Reply #127 on: 06-09-18, 12:35PM »
I was one of those people from Stewart's 35 years service then tuped to another company. Got paid any frozen holidays I had that is all.

memberx

« Reply #128 on: 06-09-18, 06:01PM »
Any big announcement is more than likely going to surround the opening of a discount chain officially.
Also another rumour doing the rounds which could affect us all surrounds our old frozen pension. Word on street is Tesco is signing the whole pot over to Legal and general. Not sure if there is any weight in that but that would affect us all

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #129 on: 06-09-18, 06:33PM »
wouldnt affect me. through personal experience i don't trust company pensions!!

Blodwyn

« Reply #130 on: 07-09-18, 12:08PM »
Any big announcement is more than likely going to surround the opening of a discount chain officially.
Also another rumour doing the rounds which could affect us all surrounds our old frozen pension. Word on street is Tesco is signing the whole pot over to Legal and general. Not sure if there is any weight in that but that would affect us all
I contacted the Pensions Advisory Service regarding the old frozen pension rumour and they said it would not be legally allowed, as it is a separate pension with different terms & conditions which were made when we joined. I suppose they could make L&G the trustees but everything else would remain the same.

JFDI

« Reply #131 on: 08-09-18, 12:45AM »
Although pensions related I thought this would be worth a mention here:

Do remember that from 22.11.2018 should anyone choose to opt for early retirement the "reduction factor" is going to be less favourable (whatever that looks like??)

Bugger all you can do about that if your under 55 years old right now but for those 55 or over if you are even considering taking your pension earlier than NRD you might want to enquire pretty soon?

Fair play

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #132 on: 08-09-18, 09:12AM »
I did check and got a pension forecast for this year and next year. There wasn’t much of a difference. Would lose more by cashing it in early. So unless you need the money I really wouldn’t bother

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #133 on: 08-09-18, 01:11PM »
Unless you live to over a hundred you would never get it all anyway , take it enjoy it life is too short.
« Last Edit: 08-09-18, 01:13PM by cosmosmallpiece »