Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-09-19, 03:10AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60705
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 91
Total: 94

Author Topic: Tech support redundancy  (Read 2207 times)

Buckfizz

Tech support redundancy
« on: 03-07-17, 02:03PM »
Any info would be grateful, I've been on protective pay for 4 years it's just ended due to tech support team leader role being cut.  I've since found out that other tech support team leaders were offered redundancy ? I wasn't, it wasn't even spoke about.

I feel I wasn't informed of my options is there anything I can do ? Thanks

billandben

Re: Tech support redundancy
« Reply #1 on: 03-07-17, 02:28PM »
I also was a Tech teamleader and I was offered redundancy ( as was all teamleaders) but stupidly stayed in tech 8-) But never was offered protected pay >:D I got a pay off of 2 years in a lump sum (around £7500) :thumbdown:
« Last Edit: 03-07-17, 02:31PM by billandben »

Buckfizz

« Reply #2 on: 03-07-17, 03:19PM »
Think I would have taken the redundancy if it was  offered, its frustrating that it wasn't offered to me or even spoke about !

OvaSees

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 03-07-17, 05:32PM »
Tesco Tech has been disbanded in some stores, in which they all faced the option of redundancy, so my guess is you will get the option in future anyway when this is rolled out.

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #4 on: 03-07-17, 05:59PM »
Tech was made redundant last October, along with nonfood nights. As far as I'm aware it was company wide (exception being the helpline, but they were always separate).

But what OP is referring to is the team leader and manager changes that occurred around February 2015 (if memory serves correctly) where all TLs other than checkouts and dotcom were removed.

From memory, they were offered,either protected pay for a certain length of time, a lump sum, or redundancy.

As for OP unless you still have your notes from your consultations, I suspect you'll struggle to get anything sorted, it's very much "you said, they said".

Buckfizz

« Reply #5 on: 03-07-17, 06:38PM »
I was wondering if it would be in my personnel file but I was never allowed to look at it  iconic really seeing it's my file 😂Thanks anyway,

terra

• Know All
« Reply #6 on: 03-07-17, 07:12PM »
The notes should have been kept, ask to see them if denied file a grievance

Walker

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 03-07-17, 07:46PM »
I was wondering if it would be in my personnel file but I was never allowed to look at it  iconic really seeing it's my file 😂Thanks anyway,

If they won't willingly let you see your file you can submit a data protection subject access request in writing with a £10 fee. You're entitled to pretty much all the info they hold on you.